Author Topic: Adobe Flash Player problems  (Read 5137 times)

Offline Aqualung

• Crazy Person Magnet
  • Apprentice
  • I don't know and neither do you!
Adobe Flash Player problems
« on: February 05, 2012, 10:09:37 pm »
I'm having issues with my netbook refusing to update Flash Player and I don't know why. I have tried uninstalling the current version of it and re-downloading the new version. I have uninstalled other superfluous programs and I still get this error: "Only one instance of this application can run."

My netbook has Windows 7 Starter. Aside from smashing my netbook with a giant cartoon mallet and buying a decent laptop, which is not feasible at the moment considering I'm for all intents and purposes broke, anybody have any ideas what else I can do? I need it for a trivia contest next weekend and now I might not be able to use it. D:
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun." --Billy Joel

Offline Dan

• Apprentice
Re: Adobe Flash Player problems
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:52:59 pm »
What does Windows 7 have for a task manager? Anything that shows a list of running processes (as distinct from applications/windows) will show if there's a previous instance of the installer lurking in the background, and there'll be an "end process" button you can use to kill it.

Failing that, reboot and then run the installer without letting any web browser or other flash-capable software run first.