Author Topic: Israel starts more apartheid, this time against Africans  (Read 7325 times)

Offline TheReasonator

• Bishop
Re: Israel starts more apartheid, this time against Africans
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 12:42:02 am »
Umm, Largeham states some of them are refugee not illegal immigrant. (Furthermore I deplore the term illegal immigrant because it is racially motivated.) And anyways how is that Africans are considered illegal immigrants but Israeli occupying Gaza isn't? That's why I consider the move as Apartheid. It's separating people based on race.

I'm no fan of Israel, but how in the world is "illegal immigrant" a racially motivated term? Anyone of any race can be an illegal immigrant. It's clear, plain meaning is an immigrant who is in a country illegally. The fact that the people who moan the loudest about illegal immigrants tend to only be worried about certain races or ethnicities doesn't change that.

Political correctness is not only unnecessary, it reduces clarity in speech within a society. The replacement term "undocumented worker" could just as well refer to a citizen who for what ever reason is working under the table, but when people start using it in place of "illegal immigrant" for political correctness purposes then it becomes harder to speak plain, short and to the point with clarity about a citizen who is in a literal sense an "undocumented worker" because people are so used to the term meaning "illegal immigrant".

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 03:08:04 am »
Umm, Largeham states some of them are refugee not illegal immigrant. (Furthermore I deplore the term illegal immigrant because it is racially motivated.) And anyways how is that Africans are considered illegal immigrants but Israeli occupying Gaza isn't? That's why I consider the move as Apartheid. It's separating people based on race.

I'm no fan of Israel, but how in the world is "illegal immigrant" a racially motivated term? Anyone of any race can be an illegal immigrant. It's clear, plain meaning is an immigrant who is in a country illegally. The fact that the people who moan the loudest about illegal immigrants tend to only be worried about certain races or ethnicities doesn't change that.

Political correctness is not only unnecessary, it reduces clarity in speech within a society. The replacement term "undocumented worker" could just as well refer to a citizen who for what ever reason is working under the table, but when people start using it in place of "illegal immigrant" for political correctness purposes then it becomes harder to speak plain, short and to the point with clarity about a citizen who is in a literal sense an "undocumented worker" because people are so used to the term meaning "illegal immigrant".

I find that the people bitch about political correctness the most tend to be the most sexist/racist or what have. Oh sure, you may think you're being edgy and all by being politically incorrect, but in reality you're just coddling to old archaic ideals.

Let's recap. When we Americans use the term illegal immigrant, we really mean Mexican. We only target brown people with our policy. It's a fucking racial motivated term.

Also, why are you reviving this thread?
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 03:31:33 am »
They socially and politically discriminate against Arabs, Ethiopian Jews, Yemeni Jews, Africans almost completely for ethnic reasons. They subject Palestinians into slums and give them sub-par services. There are those that would hunt down Jewish women to enter relationships with Arab men. Apartheid is a very apt description of Israel.

Point well taken as emphasized by this quote in the OP.

"This is a number that threatens the Jewish identity."

Let's not forget Israel's support for Apartheid-era South Africa!

What's the thing that "threatens Jewish Identity" according to the state of Israel? Methinks he meant "non-white people"!

Offline TheReasonator

• Bishop
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2012, 11:25:08 pm »

I find that the people bitch about political correctness the most tend to be the most sexist/racist or what have. Oh sure, you may think you're being edgy and all by being politically incorrect, but in reality you're just coddling to old archaic ideals.

Let's recap. When we Americans use the term illegal immigrant, we really mean Mexican. We only target brown people with our policy. It's a fucking racial motivated term.

Also, why are you reviving this thread?

Sorry I didn't look at the date.

I am an "I" not a "we". When I say "illegal immigrant" I mean exactly what it means in the dictionary. I don't care what morons use the term for.

It's not about being edgy. Political correctness distorts clarity in speech. You can't say that you are being "mentally challenged" by a crossword puzzle anymore because of a new assigned meaning in spite of the fact that the "r word" was initially a euphemism itself back when "idiot", "imbecile", and "moron" were medical terms.

Besides right-wingers are just as guilty of pushing political correctness with terms like "extraordinary rendition" for what should be called "outsourced torture".

Why all the euphemisms to muddle up language when we could just speak plainly and clearly and all understand what each other are saying? If I only had a dime for every time I got confused in a conversation because people chose not to speak clearly.

Here's a good example of my opposition to PC having nothing to do with anything remotely related to "conservatism", I think that when animal control makes decisions about killing pets they should have to use those technically correct words not "put down" and not "put to sleep". Euphemisms distort critical thinking and should be avoided. Same when lawmakers discuss that stupid breed-specific legislation. Maybe it wouldn't pass.

Euphemisms are bad. Free speech, we can't ban them, but it would help our society if they were socially disapproved of.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2012, 02:02:03 am »

I call bullshit on this.

You do realize that technically "illegal immigrant" refers to anyone who enters any country illegally, right?

To suggest that Americans mean "Mexicans" when talking about illegal immigration is itself racist (and Americentric, to boot).
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2012, 02:07:21 am »

I call bullshit on this.

You do realize that technically "illegal immigrant" refers to anyone who enters any country illegally, right?

To suggest that Americans mean "Mexicans" when talking about illegal immigration is itself racist (and Americentric, to boot).

THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT. None of our anti-immigration policy targets illegal immigration from places like eastern Europe or similar places. Fuck we gave amnesty to an illegal German couple who wanted to teach Creationism to their kids. They all target Latin American, namely Mexico, despite the fact that immigration (legal and illegal) from that area of the world has reached net zero. Our political rhetoric specifically targets Latinos, to the point where Hispanic Americans with full citizenship are still arrested by border patrol and sent back. And that's why when we say "illegal immigrant" we really mean Mexican.

AND why did we even revive this thread? (and why is that when someone points out racism, they get called racist. Fuck that shit.)

It's not about being edgy. Political correctness distorts clarity in speech.

Oh god, you're naive. It doesn't work that way. Invariably, when someone complain about PC, it's because they're afraid that they're racist/sexist/whatev tendencies are going to be called out. They make the whole shit about their feelings. Except that, "politically incorrect" discourse sustain and perpetuates harmful (and sometimes deadly) institutions by making people complacent to them.

And the free speech angle is disingenuous. You can be politically incorrect all you want, just don't be surprise when people call you out and make you look like an ass when you do it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:17:09 am by gyeonghwa »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)