Author Topic: Ireland repeals its blasphemy law  (Read 10444 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Ireland repeals its blasphemy law
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2018, 02:12:07 pm »
I think maybe I will take a few minutes just to to say something that I find repulsive about especially monotheistic messianic religion. With a large part of itself, it quite clearly wants us all to die. It wants this world to come to an end. You can tell the yearning for things to be over whenever you read any of its real texts or listen to any of its real, authentic spokesmen not the sort of pathetic apologists who sometimes masquerade for it. Those who talk – there was a famous spokesman for this in Virginia until recently – about the rapture, say that those of us who have chosen rightly will be gathered to the arms of Jesus, leaving all of the rest of you behind. If we’re in a car it’s your lookout, that car won’t have a driver anymore. If we’re a pilot, that’s your lookout, that plane will crash we will be with Jesus and the rest of you can go straight to hell.

The eschatological element that is inseparable from Christianity: if you don’t believe that there is to be an apocalypse, that there is going to be an end, a separation of the sheep and the goats, a condemnation, a final one, then you’re not really a believer, and the contempt for the things of this world shows through all of them. It’s well put in an old rhyme from an English exclusive brethren sect that says that:

We are the pure and chosen few
and all the rest are damned.
There’s room enough in hell for you;
we don’t want heaven crammed.

You can tell it when you see the extreme Muslims talk. They cannot wait. They cannot wait for death and destruction to overtake and overwhelm the world. They can’t wait for what I would call without ambiguity a final solution. When you look at the Israeli settlers, paid for often by American tax dollars, deciding if they can steal enough land from other people and get all the Jews into the promised land and all the non-Jews out of it, then finally the Jewish people will be worthy of the return of the Messiah. And there are Christians in this country who consider it their job to help this happen, so that Armageddon can occur, so that the painful business of living as humans and studying civilisation and trying to acquire learning and knowledge and health and medicine, and to push back the frontiers, can all be scrapped, and the cult of death can take over. That to me is a hideous thing in eschatological terms, in end times terms on it’s own – a hateful idea, a hateful practice and a hateful theory, but very much to be opposed in our daily lives where there are people who sincerely mean it – who want to ruin the good relations that could exist between different peoples, nations, races, countries, tribes, ethnicities, who say, who openly say they love death more than we love life and who are betting that with God on their side, they’re right about that.

So when I say as the subtitle of my book that I think that religion poisons everything, I’m not just doing what publishers like and coming up with a provocative subtitle. I mean to say it infects us in our most basic integrity. It says we can’t be moral without big brother, without a totalitarian permission. It means we can’t be good to one another without this. We must be afraid. We must also be forced to love someone who we fear, The essence of sadomasochism, the essence of abjection, the essence of the master slave relationship, and that knows that death is coming and can’t wait to bring it on. I say this is evil.

And though I do some nights stay home, I enjoy more the nights when I go out and fight against this ultimate wickedness and ultimate stupidity.

--Christopher Hitchens
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2018, 03:16:49 pm »
I think maybe I will take a few minutes just to to say something that I find repulsive about especially monotheistic messianic religion. With a large part of itself, it quite clearly wants us all to die. It wants this world to come to an end. You can tell the yearning for things to be over whenever you read any of its real texts or listen to any of its real, authentic spokesmen not the sort of pathetic apologists who sometimes masquerade for it. Those who talk – there was a famous spokesman for this in Virginia until recently – about the rapture, say that those of us who have chosen rightly will be gathered to the arms of Jesus, leaving all of the rest of you behind. If we’re in a car it’s your lookout, that car won’t have a driver anymore. If we’re a pilot, that’s your lookout, that plane will crash we will be with Jesus and the rest of you can go straight to hell.

The eschatological element that is inseparable from Christianity: if you don’t believe that there is to be an apocalypse, that there is going to be an end, a separation of the sheep and the goats, a condemnation, a final one, then you’re not really a believer, and the contempt for the things of this world shows through all of them. It’s well put in an old rhyme from an English exclusive brethren sect that says that:

We are the pure and chosen few
and all the rest are damned.
There’s room enough in hell for you;
we don’t want heaven crammed.

You can tell it when you see the extreme Muslims talk. They cannot wait. They cannot wait for death and destruction to overtake and overwhelm the world. They can’t wait for what I would call without ambiguity a final solution. When you look at the Israeli settlers, paid for often by American tax dollars, deciding if they can steal enough land from other people and get all the Jews into the promised land and all the non-Jews out of it, then finally the Jewish people will be worthy of the return of the Messiah. And there are Christians in this country who consider it their job to help this happen, so that Armageddon can occur, so that the painful business of living as humans and studying civilisation and trying to acquire learning and knowledge and health and medicine, and to push back the frontiers, can all be scrapped, and the cult of death can take over. That to me is a hideous thing in eschatological terms, in end times terms on it’s own – a hateful idea, a hateful practice and a hateful theory, but very much to be opposed in our daily lives where there are people who sincerely mean it – who want to ruin the good relations that could exist between different peoples, nations, races, countries, tribes, ethnicities, who say, who openly say they love death more than we love life and who are betting that with God on their side, they’re right about that.

So when I say as the subtitle of my book that I think that religion poisons everything, I’m not just doing what publishers like and coming up with a provocative subtitle. I mean to say it infects us in our most basic integrity. It says we can’t be moral without big brother, without a totalitarian permission. It means we can’t be good to one another without this. We must be afraid. We must also be forced to love someone who we fear, The essence of sadomasochism, the essence of abjection, the essence of the master slave relationship, and that knows that death is coming and can’t wait to bring it on. I say this is evil.

And though I do some nights stay home, I enjoy more the nights when I go out and fight against this ultimate wickedness and ultimate stupidity.

--Christopher Hitchens

But it is beautiful because Christ will return at the end of the world so fix this broken world full of sin and suffering, and create a new heaven and new Earth and there will be no more sin and suffering.

Christianity promotes morals such as helping the poor and sick. The fear of God can prevent people from committing immoral deeds. God deserves to be our master because he created us.

Too bad the Christopher Hitchens won’t get to experience the new Earth, because he in hell for eternity. I pray that you will repent, so that you will not join him there.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2018, 03:34:39 pm »
I'm just gonna keep saying fuck your God Jacob.

Ironbite-cause I can.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2018, 03:56:00 pm »
I'm just gonna keep saying fuck your God Jacob.

Ironbite-cause I can.

If you don’t stop insulting God, I will keep saying fuck you for insulting God. That will probably make you stop.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2018, 03:57:05 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAH!

Ironbite-fuck your God.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2018, 03:59:06 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAH!

Ironbite-fuck your God.

Fuck you for insulting God! I am getting very pissed!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2018, 03:59:29 pm »
Fuck...your God.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2018, 04:02:06 pm »
I pray that you will repent, so that you will not join him there.
What the fuck is that going to achieve? I thought your god kept to himself because free will. Are you saying there's a chance he'll get involved just because you asked him to?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2018, 04:10:42 pm »
What the fuck is that going to achieve? I thought your god kept to himself because free will. Are you saying there's a chance he'll get involved just because you asked him to?

Yes there is a chance he might do so, because he often listens to prayers.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2018, 04:11:18 pm »
Fuck your God.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2018, 04:24:34 pm »
Fuck your God.

FUCK YOU FOR INSULTING GOD!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2018, 04:28:30 pm »
So, what you're saying is that he won't reveal himself because free will supersedes even his own desire to have his ego stroked. Unless of course one of his fans asks him to, in which case, the free will argument can go eat a dick, right?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2018, 04:31:27 pm »
Ironbite, Jacob, take your petty fight to the flame and burn section or else.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2018, 04:32:32 pm »
So, what you're saying is that he won't reveal himself because free will supersedes even his own desire to have his ego stroked. Unless of course one of his fans asks him to, in which case, the free will argument can go eat a dick, right?

Yes because he likes people to worship him out of free will but he also likes prayer, so prayer supersedes his other reason for not getting involved.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2018, 04:38:42 pm »
Yes because he likes people to worship him out of free will but he also likes prayer, so prayer supersedes his other reason for not getting involved.
That's probably why Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. You lot really need to step up your game, by the looks of things.