Author Topic: "Who ordered the body of Christ?"  (Read 7008 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
"Who ordered the body of Christ?"
« on: February 23, 2012, 02:00:49 am »
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=209&sid=2757382

"Ashes to Go can be a powerful way for people to encounter Christ where they are, in the midst of their lives," she says on the website.

Cincinnati Archdiocese spokesman Dan Andriacco said for the Cincinnati region's many Roman Catholics, getting ashes still calls for attending a service.

Those with disabilities because not all churches are handicap accessible. Of course this leads to the inevitable:

Some Cincinnati area Catholics might be taking part in another Lenten tradition: McDonald's Filet-O-Fish sandwiches were pioneered in Cincinnati in the early 1960s by a franchisee, the late Lou Groen, who was trying to offset business being lost when Catholics abstained from eating meat on Fridays.

After all, McDonald’s fries are the holy grail for potato farmers! LOL, you cross?

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/sep/23/mcdonalds-fries-holy-grail-potato-farmers/

Fret not, when you die your family can wake you at the drive-through funeral parlor!

http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2012/02/10/slideshow-drive-thru-funeral-parlor-in-california/
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Ranger_Joe

• Pope
  • The Stranger With Candy
Re: "Who ordered the body of Christ?"
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 10:21:43 am »
If memory serves me right, you have to go to confession prior to receiving the ashes.
Rangers Lead The Way..All The Way!

I would give a fuck, but I gave my last one to your mother last night.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 11:36:36 am »
If memory serves me right, you have to go to confession prior to receiving the ashes.

Maybe the Priest comes up to your car. I've gotten the sacrament before in my Catholic days, the confessional booth isn't NECESSARY, all you need is privacy. The Priest could hear your confession in a garage, a parking lot, etc.

It's a shame that the RC Church since the 90's has been getting more political & fundie. They used to be RELATIVELY moderate in a way...mainstream...sane...apolitical. I miss the days when Vatican 2 was somewhat followed. Much of the religious/mystical/ritual aspects I love & they did at least preach things like ecumenicism,  charity & avoiding war (even if it wasn't always followed). Since Benny-Joe The Ratboy has been elected Pope, they've been going backwards! THE HELL WITH THOSE POMPOUS PATRIARCHAL, NEO-PHARISEE WINDBAGS & THEIR PEDOPHILE ENABLERS!

I think sane Catholics should just break away to more open-minded Catholic splinter churches! The Vatican lost it's soul LONG AGO. If they need a Pope, they got St. Peter! The guy in the Vatican is merely The Bishop of Rome, anyway!

Me, I'll be a Wiccan.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 03:09:42 pm »
How about walking down a street and tossing the ashes randomly at all passers-by?  It may lead to unpleasantness from time to time, but man, what coverage!
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 03:11:39 am »
Drive through funeral parlor?  WTF??
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter