Author Topic: A Cartoon About Obedience To Jehovah  (Read 10144 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: A Cartoon About Obedience To Jehovah
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2013, 07:42:06 pm »
I've only ever met one JW, but she was one of the nicest, sweetest, person I've ever met. One of the people who makes sure everyone is included. Although she mentioned not being able to watch fantasy stuff.
Ahh, reminds me of the one I know. However, she's a Doctor Who fangirl, a Merlin fangirl, a Sherlock fangirl, plays D&D, plays video games, watches anime and manga and more. Did I mention that she is really damn bad at being a JW?
Yeah. The one I know has seen ever Star Trek thing ever, and even went to the midnight premiers on a school night. I thought she was joking when she mentioned being a JW.
Yeah, the most JW thing about the one I know is her father being an emotionally abusive cumstain. Other than that, she's awesome. Also, one of the few Buffy fans I know IRL, so there's that.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2013, 07:46:27 pm »
I knew a Jehovah's Witness when I was younger who was pretty miserable because his parents wouldn't let him go to any of the other kids' birthday parties. Everyone in class liked him and he was nice to everybody, but his parents were nuts.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2013, 09:31:36 am »
I could go to other kids' parties, but I never had one of my own.  Hell, I even went to my best friend's bar mitzvah, and my parents were 100% behind that shit and actually envious of me, lol.

Again, it really does vary from one congregation to another.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2013, 11:55:25 am »
I could go to other kids' parties, but I never had one of my own.  Hell, I even went to my best friend's bar mitzvah, and my parents were 100% behind that shit and actually envious of me, lol.

Again, it really does vary from one congregation to another.
Yeah, the one I know celebrates them for others. She baked cookies for one friend. I swiped a few (well, she couldn't make up her mind if we could have some) of the mostly full, bulging freezer bag full of them, fucking delicious.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:56:57 am by PosthumanHeresy »
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2013, 09:27:46 pm »
I've only ever met one JW, but she was one of the nicest, sweetest, person I've ever met. One of the people who makes sure everyone is included. Although she mentioned not being able to watch fantasy stuff.
Ahh, reminds me of the one I know. However, she's a Doctor Who fangirl, a Merlin fangirl, a Sherlock fangirl, plays D&D, plays video games, watches anime and manga and more. Did I mention that she is really damn bad at being a JW?
Yeah. The one I know has seen ever Star Trek thing ever, and even went to the midnight premiers on a school night. I thought she was joking when she mentioned being a JW.
Yeah, the most JW thing about the one I know is her father being an emotionally abusive cumstain. Other than that, she's awesome. Also, one of the few Buffy fans I know IRL, so there's that.
She sounds like an awesome person. :)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2013, 11:41:54 pm »
She is. Just, don't trust her with your secrets.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2013, 02:48:24 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=498HkRM77gg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=498HkRM77gg</a>
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013, 02:04:18 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=498HkRM77gg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=498HkRM77gg</a>
Lol. Yeah, although to be fair, making the mistake of trusting her with my secrets lead me to my current relationship. She means well, she just isn't very smart about it.