Author Topic: 12-year old married off to prevent illicit activities  (Read 2733 times)

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
12-year old married off to prevent illicit activities
« on: November 24, 2012, 09:58:32 pm »
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=%2F2012%2F11%2F23%2Fnation%2F12361340&sec=nation

This is making some news out here. After a 12-year old started spending the night at her 19-year old boyfriend's place, her father lost it and decided that, rather than continue this charade, he arranged the 2 to get married.

Saad, 43, said he had asked Mohd Fahmi to marry his daughter after he found out that she had not returned home one night last month.

“The next day, my relative in a nearby kampung (village) informed me that Nur Fazira had stayed over at Mohd Fahmi's place,” he added.

Saad said his daughter later told him that nothing had happened as she had spent the day with Mohd Fahmi before he sent her over to a relative's house.

“I blew my top and ordered her to call him. When Mohd Fahmi came to my house, he told me that he will be responsible for my daughter and will take care of her.

“I then replied that if that is so, then they should get married,” he said, adding that he hoped that his daughter would be cared for by her husband and his family.
I just, yeah. Fucking backwoods idiots.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: 12-year old married off to prevent illicit activities
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 10:15:22 pm »
Why does a 19-year-old man have a 12-year-old girlfriend in the first place?

Saturn500

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 10:23:16 pm »
What. The. Fucking. Fuck?! I... I don't have any goddamn idea what to say. This is just sick and wrong.

But, hey, at least it's "only" a seven-year gap in age, right? This totally isn't statuatory* rape! [/sarcasm]

*I hope I spelled that right

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 10:42:58 pm »
What. The. Fucking. Fuck?! I... I don't have any goddamn idea what to say. This is just sick and wrong.

But, hey, at least it's "only" a seven-year gap in age, right? This totally isn't statuatory* rape! [/sarcasm]

Spelling is correct.  Also WTF?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 12:30:32 am »

It's "statutory". (Root is "statute".)

And as for the story, that is just wrong.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 12:42:40 am »

Read my mind, there...

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 01:00:22 am »

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 03:32:23 am »
At this point, I'm surprised the dude in this story is only 19. Aren't they usually way the fuck older with this kind of thing?

It's like when a priest rapes someone and you find out it's a female. You're less shocked that he did it than you are at who the victim is.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.