Author Topic: Ferguson murder  (Read 73007 times)

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
Re: Ferguson murder
« Reply #450 on: December 24, 2014, 09:58:11 pm »
Hell one of the witnesses was a lying bitch and was still allowed to talk to the grand jury.

Ironbite-this whole shit just shows how much these people value black lives.

Or lives in general.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #451 on: December 29, 2014, 01:25:26 am »
Hell one of the witnesses was a lying bitch and was still allowed to talk to the grand jury.

Ironbite-this whole shit just shows how much these people value black lives.

Or lives in general.

But mainly black lives.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #453 on: December 29, 2014, 05:10:47 am »
Geezum fuck, those articles are... worrying.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #454 on: December 29, 2014, 08:31:02 am »
Disturbing, but not surprising.  This is what happens with any elite caste, while there are some good eggs, the bastards in their ranks will walk all over anyone deemed beneath them and even those of their own caste that don't fit in.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #455 on: January 05, 2015, 07:08:57 pm »
Can't let this go now can I?  Big time update

Grand Juror Doe is suing Bob McCulloch over misrepresenting the case

WASHINGTON -- A member of the grand jury that ultimately decided not to indict former Ferguson, Missouri, Police Officer Darren Wilson in the death of 18-year-old Michael Brown is suing the prosecuting attorney in St. Louis County, accusing Robert McCulloch of mischaracterizing the grand jury process.

The still-anonymous grand juror, referred to only as "Grand Juror Doe" in the lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union of Missouri, believes that his or her voice "could contribute to the current public dialogue concerning race relations" in the country. The grand juror believes that the Wilson case was handled much differently than the hundreds of other cases presented to the grand jury before the Wilson case.

"From Plaintiff's perspective, the presentation of evidence to the grand jury investigating Wilson differed markedly and in significant ways from how evidence was presented in the hundreds of matters presented to the grand jury earlier in its term," the lawsuit stated. The grand juror believes that the portrayal of the case in the media has not been accurate.

"In Plaintiff's view, the current information available about the grand jurors' views is not entirely accurate -- especially the implication that all grand jurors believed that there was no support for any charges," the lawsuit stated. "Moreover, the public characterization of the grand jurors' view of witnesses and evidence does not accord with Plaintiff's own."

The ACLU said the "life-time gag order" against grand jurors in the case is not fair in the Wilson case because of the extraordinary publicity Brown's death received and the strange way the case was presented.

"The Supreme Court has said that grand jury secrecy must be weighed against the juror's First Amendment rights on a case-by-case basis," ACLU of Missouri Legal Director Tony Rothert said in a statement. "The rules of secrecy must yield because this is a highly unusual circumstance. The First Amendment prevents the state from imposing a life-time gag order in cases where the prosecuting attorney has purported to be transparent."

Oh this is going to be great.  I mean it's gonna suck for McCulloch if they decide this guy has some merits and it will totally change the Grand Jury forever.

Ironbite-the better question is will McCulloch fall on his sword for Wilson?  I think the answer will be no.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #456 on: January 10, 2015, 05:21:35 pm »
Police throw a hissy fit protest the mayor saying racism exists by slowing down work and only arresting poeple when they have to.
Edit:http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/01/09/376174815/new-york-police-commissioner-confirms-work-slowdown-by-officers

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #457 on: January 10, 2015, 06:20:20 pm »
And it's back fired so....so badly on them.

Ironbite-almost wish they'd keep this up.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #458 on: January 11, 2015, 02:47:58 am »
I've read interviews with some of the low-income residents like in Bedford-Stuyvesant, and the general consensus is that the NYPD protest is actually very beneficial to them. The low-level charges the police aren't responding to (public urination, spitting/littering, traffic tickets, loitering, etc.) were all major parts of the extremely racist policing used to harass black and Latino citizens; the myriad regulations strewn throughout NYC for everything from congregating to riding a bicycle on the sidewalk allowed officers to legally stop and harass almost anyone they wanted to. By slowing down arrests and citations (as well as the stop-and-frisk policy), they've inadvertently created the best policing environment New York has had in years.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #459 on: January 11, 2015, 06:28:38 am »
And it's back fired so....so badly on them.

Ironbite-almost wish they'd keep this up.

Like this? https://medium.com/the-nib/lucky-strike-f3c1baa20538
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #460 on: January 13, 2015, 02:16:05 am »
I've read interviews with some of the low-income residents like in Bedford-Stuyvesant, and the general consensus is that the NYPD protest is actually very beneficial to them. The low-level charges the police aren't responding to (public urination, spitting/littering, traffic tickets, loitering, etc.) were all major parts of the extremely racist policing used to harass black and Latino citizens; the myriad regulations strewn throughout NYC for everything from congregating to riding a bicycle on the sidewalk allowed officers to legally stop and harass almost anyone they wanted to. By slowing down arrests and citations (as well as the stop-and-frisk policy), they've inadvertently created the best policing environment New York has had in years.
So good all around?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #461 on: January 14, 2015, 12:05:46 pm »
So good all around?

Pretty much. NYC actually has a very low crime rate for its size, so a lot of the NYPD's efforts go into "quality of life" crimes like people passed out drunk on the sidewalk or prostitution. Unfortunately, the NYPD happens to be extraordinarily racist and shady in a variety of other ways (at least one known prostitute was re-arrested purely because of her clothing being taken as evidence of solicitation and another who had no prior criminal record was arrested on the same cause, with condoms being taken as further "evidence"). Stop-and-frisk has literally been deemed unconstitutional, but it continues with Latino and black men taking almost the entirety of the hit.

There was a man in Brooklyn a few months ago who was suddenly shot and killed by an NYPD officer in some project housing. According to the officers on the scene, it's actually commonplace for them to patrol guns-out in areas with no reported crimes simply to check on the place. The shooter claims that he tried to open a door with his gun hand and accidentally pulled the 12-pound trigger on his regulation-modified pistol. That much is in question. It's not in question that he texted his union representative before doing anything else.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #462 on: January 14, 2015, 06:29:38 pm »
The carrying guns openly seem fairly genius in an Orwellian way.
Look as intimidating as you can, eventually someone makes a the wrong move and you have him resist arrest multiple times over the head (then maybe "discover" some joints on him).