Author Topic: Police Brutality mega thread  (Read 4667 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Police Brutality mega thread
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 12:08:18 pm »
No worries.

As gruesome as it sounds, it looks like Gray's neck broke on impact, which then led to more banging as he flew around the back of the van. He was unresponsive when they arrived at the hospital, so it all adds up.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 04:41:45 pm »
6 officers charged, good.

Ironbite-should've been what happened on the word go.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 05:47:48 pm »
Double post!

I was coming here to post the names of the officers involved but I'll let someone else do that because now I have this stupidity.

Baltimore Fraternal Order of Police demands State Attorney Marilyn Mosby step down and appoint a special prosecutor to this case.

And they even sent a letter.  You'll love it.

Getty Images
The Baltimore City Fraternal Order of Police dismissed the charges against six police officers in the death of Freddie Gray on Friday and called for a special prosecutor to take over for Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby.

"As tragic as this situation is, none of the officers involved are responsible for the death of Mr. Gray," Gene Ryan, the Baltimore FOP president wrote in an open letter to Mosby posted on Twitter.

"To the contrary, at all times, each of the officers diligently balanced their obligations to protect Mr. Gray and discharge their duties to protect the public."

Mosby announced the charges at a press briefing Friday morning and said her investigation found Gray suffered a fatal spinal injury because he was not properly restrained in a police van.

The officer who drove the ban faces a second-degree murder charge, and others face charges including involuntary manslaughter and assault.

Mosby added that officers failed to provide medical assistance to Gray despite repeated calls for help and that the initial arrest was illegal because it lacked probable cause.

I love the line of the letter so much....I'm gonna quote it again!

As tragic as this situation is, none of the officers involved are responsible for the death of Mr. Gray," Gene Ryan, the Baltimore FOP president wrote in an open letter to Mosby posted on Twitter.

REALLY!?  YOU'RE GOING TO POST THIS BULLCRAP!?  YOU'RE REALLY GONNA GO THERE!  YOU HAVE TO KNOW THESE 6 OFFICERS ARE GOING DOWN FOR THIS AND ARE TRYING TO ALREADY POSION THE WELL!?  SCREW YOU FOP!  SCREW YOU AND EVERY OFFICER WHO STANDS SILENT ON THIS CRAP!

Ironbite-*supernovas*

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 06:32:24 pm »
Kinda ironic that they're the ones calling for a new prosecutor when the facts aren't ambiguous enough to skew in their direction. Especially considering that the police were perfectly OK with real conflicts of interest and bias in the joke that was the Darren Wilson grand jury.
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 10:17:52 am »
Aww, are the poor widdle murdewous pwicks going to twial?  Poor widdle things.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 12:50:05 am »
I saw that story in a video report. Just heinous. Half mil bail for busting windshields on already totaled cars. $500,000 bail is typical for a murder charge. Kid and parents both trying to "do the right thing". No good deed goes unpunished with a toxic PD. They're gonna lose 6 officers? - so they're gonna diss these working class parents and take down this young kid who fucked up in the moment. Completely toxic PD & city court judges. What a fucking vipers nest.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 05:50:34 pm »
A woman calls police to get someone help her drunken, depressed boyfriend who is threatening to kill himself with a knife. The number she called was not the emergency number and she tries to explain that he is not a danger to anyone but himself. Since it's this thread you can probably guess how the situation ends: two cops show up with assault rifles and save him the trouble by shooting him.

In a phone interview with Commander Chuck Mulligan of the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, The Daily Beast asked if it was standard procedure to bring assault rifles, but not mental health professionals, to a scene where someone is suicidal.

“If the deputies feel that that is the appropriate weapon system to use, then yes,” said Mulligan.

I tried to type what I feel and think about this but I simply couldn't put it in words. Perhaps because I am myself familiar with how agonizing depression can get I can empathize with how the guy felt and it feels more personal. This was almost certainly a desperate call for help and the girlfriend tried to get it for him.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 07:36:17 pm »
And, not to bring racism into it, he was white.

Ironbite-at least they're starting to treat whites and blacks the same.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 08:29:37 pm »
And, not to bring racism into it, he was white.

Ironbite-at least they're starting to treat whites and blacks the same.
Police discriminating against the mentally ill has been around for a long time though.