Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387699 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2016, 03:01:22 am »
Maybe Sec. Clinton could take solace in the words of another New York Democratic politician who ran for President 140 years before she did...

Quote from: Gov. Samuel Tilden
I can retire to private life with the consciousness that I shall receive from posterity the credit of having been elected to the highest position in the gift of the people, without any of the cares and responsibilities of the office.

EDIT: In fact, of the five times a candidate has won a popular plurality but not the Electoral College (Tilden is the only one of the five to win a popular majority), three--Tilden, Pres. Cleveland, and Sec. Clinton--were from New York.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 03:26:14 am by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #211 on: December 20, 2016, 03:18:22 am »
At the moment the electors gave in a blood red comet was seen in the sky, the ravens at the tower of London took flight never to be seen again, the sun was covered in darkness and the moon turned red, rains of frogs fell around the world and churchbells around the world started ringing by themselves with an endless "Doom, Doom, Doom".

Altogether better then I thought it would be

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2016, 03:46:41 am »
At the moment the electors gave in a blood red comet was seen in the sky, the ravens at the tower of London took flight never to be seen again, the sun was covered in darkness and the moon turned red, rains of frogs fell around the world and churchbells around the world started ringing by themselves with an endless "Doom, Doom, Doom".

Altogether better then I thought it would be

Well, that's probably the view of the New York Times (or the "unnamed sources" who fed them the story, whatevs), but in reality everything is fine :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caXeAMseve0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caXeAMseve0</a>

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #213 on: December 20, 2016, 04:06:22 am »
To you, Contrarian, I say this:

Silflay hraka, u emreer rah.

You get to figure that one out yourself.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #214 on: December 20, 2016, 09:05:19 am »
So, we've had our little recounts and we've tried to get the electoral college to do the undemocratic thing.

Now that's all over, can we echo the sage words of one Hillary R. Clinton and call on the losing side to accept the result of the election without (further) violence and shenanigans?

^_^

Odd, most of the violence and "shenanigans" have come from Trump's side. In fact, there have been almost 1000 reported hate crimes since the election, constituting a considerable uptick. Funny that when you elect a demagogue that ran on fear, bigotry, and scapegoating vulnerable minorities, people who already had those prejudices feel emboldened and lash out at those vulnerable minorities.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #215 on: December 20, 2016, 10:53:25 am »
Not to mention that even Donald Trump himself called his supporters violent.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/16/politics/donald-trump-supporters-vicious-violent/

I love how he's shit on his supporters after getting elected by calling them what they are and going back on a lot of his campaign promises.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #216 on: December 20, 2016, 01:37:42 pm »
"He's not a politician," they cry.  "He'll do what the others don't and keep to his word," they insist.

...I am completely unsurprised that he's going back on his shit.  Nobody succeeds in the political arena without becoming corrupted, its just a fuckin fact of life, at this point.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #217 on: December 20, 2016, 04:53:07 pm »
He never had any thought about keeping a single campaign promise ever.  It was just empty words.  There will be no jobs coming back from overseas, there will be no sudden good times for the rural parts of America and they will get fucked over in ways they never thought they could get fucked over.

Ironbite-but good on them for sticking it to the establishment.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #218 on: December 20, 2016, 07:07:01 pm »
So, we've had our little recounts and we've tried to get the electoral college to do the undemocratic thing.

Now that's all over, can we echo the sage words of one Hillary R. Clinton and call on the losing side to accept the result of the election without (further) violence and shenanigans?

^_^

Odd, most of the violence and "shenanigans" have come from Trump's side. In fact, there have been almost 1000 reported hate crimes since the election, constituting a considerable uptick. Funny that when you elect a demagogue that ran on fear, bigotry, and scapegoating vulnerable minorities, people who already had those prejudices feel emboldened and lash out at those vulnerable minorities.
We both know he's trolling and doesn't care about that fact, or any other facts really.

It's not why he's here.

Expect enraged squeals of "I'm not an anti semite", regardless - his style of "debate" fits the profile like a glove.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2016, 12:18:18 am »

^_^

We both know he's trolling and doesn't care about that fact, or any other facts really.

It's not why he's here.

Expect enraged squeals of "I'm not an anti semite", regardless - his style of "debate" fits the profile like a glove.

Oddly, my first thought on reading that wasn't Contrarian, but Dynamic Paragon. I kind of miss that guy, but he was a fucking idiot.

Speaking of, I'm still a Dynamic Dragon sock puppet.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2016, 12:40:24 am »
Queen, by chance have you been by the FSTDT main page and seen TimetoTurn's Turn to Insanity?

He honestly said everyone should heil him because he is "a man of unparalleled worth" or something.

A worthy replacement for Dynamic Paragon perhaps?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2016, 01:06:08 am »
Queen, by chance have you been by the FSTDT main page and seen TimetoTurn's Turn to Insanity?

He honestly said everyone should heil him because he is "a man of unparalleled worth" or something.

A worthy replacement for Dynamic Paragon perhaps?

Can't say I have. Not familiar with his work. Either way, I know cats and dogs smarter than Paragon, so this TTT has a low bar to limbo.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2016, 01:21:37 am »
Check him out.

He's;

1) a TERF / says TERFs have good ideas.
2) praised the work of the Khmer Rouge
3) wants a totalitarian society with himself in charge.
4) said he believes he is going to form the course of the world.
5) called for eugenics programs and believes the mentally ill need to be culled for the sake of his world.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2016, 01:43:32 am »
Check him out.

He's;

1) a TERF / says TERFs have good ideas.
2) praised the work of the Khmer Rouge
3) wants a totalitarian society with himself in charge.
4) said he believes he is going to form the course of the world.
5) called for eugenics programs and believes the mentally ill need to be culled for the sake of his world.
The quality of our trolls is going down, all we have are two half hearted shitposters. We need zealous, serious crazy for proper entertainment. At least Ultimate Dynamic Draconic Concerned Citizen Paragon had that.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2016, 01:45:17 am »
We have two shit posters? Who's the other?