Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159497 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #840 on: September 11, 2018, 10:41:16 pm »
And here I was thinking that loot boxes in the form of whores were a thing long before Overwatch was but a shapely bum in orange tights in every angry and frustrated neckbeard's eye. Ah, well there go all of my hopes and dreams.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #841 on: September 16, 2018, 03:22:26 am »
I had no idea that Skylanders was related to the Spyro franchise.

I have been aware of both but haven't played either. It's just that I was bored and watched a bit of the Skylanders cartoon on Netflix and noticed that the dragon is called Spyro and quick wiki check confirmed it to not just be a coincidence.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #842 on: September 26, 2018, 08:07:48 am »
The Easter Bunny is Jesus Christ's fursona.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #843 on: September 26, 2018, 10:58:10 am »
The Easter Bunny is Jesus Christ's fursona.

Of course not, Aslan is Jesus' fursona.
Σא

Art Vandelay

« Reply #844 on: September 26, 2018, 11:33:36 am »
Either way, I have just realised that Jesus is God's... Skinsona, I suppose. Which of course would mean that this overall situation is basically a furry Inception sort of thing.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #845 on: September 30, 2018, 03:41:01 am »
Either way, I have just realised that Jesus is God's... Skinsona, I suppose. Which of course would mean that this overall situation is basically a furry Inception sort of thing.

Do you think there's a parallel reality where actual furry anthro characters live and instead of fursonas they have humansonas?

J. Harp

« Reply #846 on: October 28, 2018, 06:19:17 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks at least some articles about weird/sexy/offensive Halloween costumes might be some kind of native advertising?

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #847 on: November 17, 2018, 10:05:01 am »
So at the dinner table, Daughter 1 asks what tv show everyone would want to live in. We go around the table and the last to answer is Daughter 2. She says Joy of Painting so she can paint with a baby squirrel in her pocket like Bob Ross.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #848 on: February 19, 2019, 08:56:12 am »
Given that tickling only works when another person does it to you, I have to say we as a species really lucked out when it comes to masturbation.

While I can safely say I otherwise can't stand church, I will admit that the bit where they pass around the buckets of free money is pretty sweet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 06:04:55 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #849 on: February 21, 2019, 05:27:51 am »
Given that tickling only works when another person does it to you....

I keep reading this "fact" but I know 'm not alone in being able to tickle my own feet.  It's not as intense as if someone else does it, but I'd still describe the sensation as "ticklish". Feet are very sensitive.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #850 on: February 21, 2019, 06:48:56 am »

I keep reading this "fact" but I know 'm not alone in being able to tickle my own feet.  It's not as intense as if someone else does it, but I'd still describe the sensation as "ticklish". Feet are very sensitive.

Can you actually make yourself laugh from being tickled? I can feel it too when I do it to an extent, but nowhere near the point of laughing.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #851 on: February 21, 2019, 02:56:47 pm »

Can you actually make yourself laugh from being tickled? I can feel it too when I do it to an extent, but nowhere near the point of laughing.

Nope, but maybe that's related to the way most people don't laugh as much when, say, watching a comedy alone as when wathcing it with others. Or maybe not...it's definately not as intense as when someone else tickles them (not that that happens much lol) but it is definately still uncomfortable and hard to keep doing it for more than a second or two.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #852 on: March 26, 2019, 06:01:40 am »
Moonlight should be called sloppy seconds sunlight.

If Mike Wazowski (Monsters Inc) grew hair under his chin, would that hair be his beard or his pubes?

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #853 on: March 30, 2019, 01:28:42 pm »
I just realized Ben Garrison is basically Stan Kelly from The Onion if he weren't being satirical.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 01:59:20 pm by Chaos Undivided »
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #854 on: April 07, 2019, 01:04:36 am »
Expensive paintings are just trading cards for rich people.

Tooth fairies are a benign subspecies of the far more hostile and dangerous bone fairies.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 08:10:41 am by Art Vandelay »