Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 155946 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #645 on: May 01, 2018, 10:43:05 am »
I guess the worst part for me is that someone would consider a vast increase in knowledge to be a BAD THING.

Well, yes, that's Satan trying to confuse you.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #646 on: May 01, 2018, 01:53:45 pm »
I guess the worst part for me is that someone would consider a vast increase in knowledge to be a BAD THING.

Well, yes, that's Satan trying to confuse you.

“Ignorance is bliss and today, America, you are a happy country.”
- Dr. Science

P.S. do check out his impending appointment to The Trump Cabinet.
http://drscience.com/wordpress/
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #647 on: May 02, 2018, 10:07:49 pm »
Since FSTDT is down and this was too good to not share
comes from: https://christiannews.net/2018/04/21/navy-upholds-inclusion-of-bible-on-powmia-table-following-mikey-weinstein-complaint/

TheKingOfRhye comment concerned the Big Bang Theory.

Chet’s response:
No blood bought Holy Bible believing Christian or practicing Jew who knows his heritage and fears God Almighty subscribes to any such nonsense. You may fool others but not me, Sir... People of "other theistic faiths" already believe the lie, thus, I'm not surprised they'd fall for this particular trick of the Devil. Then again, those who deny God and His Christ have made a god out of themselves as the final all knowing authority regarding things spiritual.
Remember, King, if the big bang theory is correct you're in good shape and I'm none the worse as we'll both amount to the same thing, nigh unto roadkill. We'll be as some ol' bloated possum or coon lying alongside the shoulder waiting to pop, stinking to high Heaven. And in no time our memory upon the Earth will be forgotten as a bad meal.
Then again, if the Word of God is true (of which I gladly stake my eternity) I get to go to Heaven upon death's taking me over, all thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ and His sacrifice on my behalf on the Cross of Calvary in concert with His empty tomb. But for those who reject God's free offer of mercy and grace via His Christ, well, the eternal outlook is beyond bleak and beyond description in the awful place identified as Hell. Can you now be assured of your own eternal fate as I am of mine?

PS Thanks King - I cut and pasted a response to Chet that I made 8 months ago. TheKingOfRhye upvoted the comment back then and again today.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #648 on: May 02, 2018, 10:13:24 pm »
Slow news day for Christian News Network. ..

https://christiannews.net/2018/05/01/coroner-highlights-failure-and-complacency-at-abortion-facility-after-woman-died/
Another slow day? This time "Editor" is posting a story from January 2012.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #649 on: May 02, 2018, 11:04:45 pm »
Slow news day for Christian News Network. ..

https://christiannews.net/2018/05/01/coroner-highlights-failure-and-complacency-at-abortion-facility-after-woman-died/
Another slow day? This time "Editor" is posting a story from January 2012.

Have you ever wondered if these people, Heather Clark and Garrett Haley, really exist?  It's usually Heather's name you see in place of "Editor".

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #650 on: May 03, 2018, 08:20:21 am »
PS Thanks King - I cut and pasted a response to Chet that I made 8 months ago. TheKingOfRhye upvoted the comment back then and again today.

LOL, I had no idea it was a copy-and-paste.  I think I could probably do the same thing myself, since it seems like I end up saying the same things, even to some of the same people, over and over there, just maybe putting it in a different way from time to time.

Chet seems to think the only choices are Christianity and the big bang theory.  Well, those two and Judaism, I guess, since he always brings up something about the "believing Jews" or whatever.  Also, I hope he's not one of those guys who talks about how we're a "nation of Christians" or a "Christian nation", since in that comment, he basically said that quite a lot of the people who call themselves Christians aren't really Christians.

And in that same thread, I started up another conversation with Amos.  I think the only thing that that accomplished was reinforcing my belief that he does not know what the fuck he is talking about.  Especially when it comes to science, or the concept of burden of proof.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:29:51 am by KingOfRhye »

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #651 on: May 03, 2018, 09:30:13 am »
Well, since this has become a dumping ground for things we can't post while the main site is down, here are two:

1) LADY CHECKMATE AND MICK WILLIAMS DISAGREEING
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-faithreligion/national_day_of_prayer_christians_pray_always/

MICK WILLIAMS:
In regards to black conservatives, the looney fringe is really after Kanye West because of his support for Trump. There's nothing democrats fear more than the idea their brainwashed base is starting to wake up to reality.

LADY CHECKMATE:
While I'm pleased that more AAs are supporting conservative ideas (and Trump), Kanye West has lost his mind, literally, he canceled his last tour due to mental health issues. He's made several asinine statements, one of which being, (the man actually said),"Slavery was a choice". Slavery was NOT a choice, just like the holocaust was NOT a choice. Kanye is no hero to me AND he's definitely not someone I admire nor respect. STILL, AA conservatives exist and the alt-left hates us, not that we care what they think, lol.

2) PULSE SHOOTING SURVIVOR FINDS JESUS AND IS NO LONGER GAY THEREFORE BEING GAY IS A CHOICE
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-faithreligion/praise_report_pulse_shooting_survivor_says_hes_no_longer_gay_after_religious_conversion/

LADY CHECKMATE:
Clearly homosexuality is a choice as many have CHOSEN to deny it. Praise God! Praying for Luis and others struggling with sin.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #652 on: May 03, 2018, 09:44:18 am »
Interesting that she put it that way:  "many have chosen to DENY it."  People can DENY all sorts of things about themselves, but it doesn't necessarily mean they're not true.

Also, I still find it slightly odd how she refers to black people as "AAs."  I get it, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone else constantly abbreviate it like that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:47:13 am by KingOfRhye »

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #653 on: May 03, 2018, 09:52:15 am »
Also, I still find it slightly odd how she refers to black people as "AAs."  I get it, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone else constantly abbreviate it like that.

It makes me giggle that some people walk around thinking Lady Checkmate is an alcoholic.  It WOULD explain a few things.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #654 on: May 04, 2018, 09:20:28 am »
Amos is up to his usual nonsensical crap again.  I was trying to tell him theists have the burden of proof.  But, no, according to him, that's not the case, it's the other way around, because I'm an atheist, coming to a Christian site.  I thought it was people like HIM who accuse people like me of being "relativists" or whatever they call it, saying we don't believe in "absolute truth" and the like.

And earlier I came up with a quote from an astrophysicist about how science doesn't deal with proof...but I guess he knows more than that guy, since he's had a "20+ year medical career."  (I honestly hope it wasn't anything more than being a janitor at a hospital)  Also, I'm pretty sure Christian News Network doesn't allow profanity....yet he's saying over and over again that things I'm saying are "bovine excrement."  That could almost be called profanity, couldn't it?  We all know he means "bullshit."  For what it's worth, I flagged him every time he said it.  Though, I don't really think that's gonna accomplish much.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #655 on: May 04, 2018, 11:44:46 am »
That drives me crazy about Amos, he keeps talking as though Christians (read: HIS brand of Christians, not those false ones) have this elite status where things like the No True Scotsman fallacy don't apply to them, where they were chosen by God, where they have these amazing powers to read people's minds and so on.

Is he now saying "bovine excrement"?  Usually he says "bovine scatology" which is grammatically wrong but probably gives him the initials he's looking for.

Amos's 20+ year medical career was probably emptying bed pans.

The ban hammer is strong over there lately.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #656 on: May 04, 2018, 12:05:02 pm »
I miss Rapture Ready.  Wonder whatever happened to those idiots.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #657 on: May 04, 2018, 12:21:27 pm »
I miss Rapture Ready.  Wonder whatever happened to those idiots.

Oh, come join us at Christian News Network, it's GREAT fun.  Some of the most shamelessly idiotic fundies ever.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #658 on: May 04, 2018, 12:23:42 pm »
Amos is up to his usual nonsensical crap again.

I archived this page because there ain't NO WAY the censors are going to let this guy (Rippie)'s posts sit there for very long, but he did a MASTERFUL job of making Amos look like a helpless blithering idiot.

http://archive.is/EH4s7

Enjoy it.  And if it's still live, here's where to post:

https://christiannews.net/2018/04/21/navy-upholds-inclusion-of-bible-on-powmia-table-following-mikey-weinstein-complaint/#disqus_thread

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #659 on: May 04, 2018, 02:21:36 pm »
That drives me crazy about Amos, he keeps talking as though Christians (read: HIS brand of Christians, not those false ones) have this elite status where things like the No True Scotsman fallacy don't apply to them, where they were chosen by God, where they have these amazing powers to read people's minds and so on.

Is he now saying "bovine excrement"?  Usually he says "bovine scatology" which is grammatically wrong but probably gives him the initials he's looking for.

Amos's 20+ year medical career was probably emptying bed pans.

The ban hammer is strong over there lately.

No, he actually did say "scatology", you were right.  Maybe I just read it the way it would actually make sense.

Oh....but.....holy crap.  I just realized one of Amos's comments from the conversation we were having got deleted.