Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156397 times)

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #405 on: September 01, 2017, 07:07:44 pm »
Does Amos know what a paradox IS?

I think I have it figured out, it goes like this:
Logic as might be taught by Amos

Pedophila is a sin.
Some pedophiles drink coffee
Therefore, all coffee drinkers are pedophiles.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #406 on: September 01, 2017, 09:16:16 pm »

Pedophila is a sin.

He also likes to play the "sins of the fathers" game.  You know, the one where we are supposed to automatically hate someone based on something their father did.  Someone should let Amos know about Trump's dad's rather heinous connections.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #407 on: September 02, 2017, 04:48:45 am »

Pedophila is a sin.

He also likes to play the "sins of the fathers" game.  You know, the one where we are supposed to automatically hate someone based on something their father did.  Someone should let Amos know about Trump's dad's rather heinous connections.

He tried to pull that idiocy in our debate. He literally thinks that is how DNA works. Some people just won't accept reality

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #408 on: September 02, 2017, 09:34:51 pm »
And sigh, the entire conversation got deleted. You ever get the feeling they delete the threads when they realize one of their favorites is losing?

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #409 on: September 03, 2017, 05:04:39 am »
Wow, I just saw that, they nuked that entire thread, just about!  And I was just gonna respond to something someone said to me earlier, that I read but didn't respond to yet.  Hmm....maybe that person was who finally did it.   There was someone with a name I didn't recognize,  who was getting rather pissed at me for responding to Amos's copy-and-pasting of that "Nashville Declaration" with a tweet from the mayor of Nashville saying it didn't represent the views of their citizens, or something to that effect.  I think that's what happens, someone starts to go a little too far, and Christian News Network just erases everything to keep it from getting too out-of-control, I guess.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #410 on: September 03, 2017, 08:40:34 am »
Wow, I just saw that, they nuked that entire thread, just about!  And I was just gonna respond to something someone said to me earlier, that I read but didn't respond to yet.  Hmm....maybe that person was who finally did it.   There was someone with a name I didn't recognize,  who was getting rather pissed at me for responding to Amos's copy-and-pasting of that "Nashville Declaration" with a tweet from the mayor of Nashville saying it didn't represent the views of their citizens, or something to that effect.  I think that's what happens, someone starts to go a little too far, and Christian News Network just erases everything to keep it from getting too out-of-control, I guess.

It's almost like they have hired Lady Checkmate as a moderator.

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #411 on: September 06, 2017, 11:09:13 pm »
I think Amos just quit on me. Feel free to read before they decide to nuke the thread.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #412 on: September 07, 2017, 04:28:18 pm »
I think Amos just quit on me. Feel free to read before they decide to nuke the thread.

I was just this minute reading a thread you were going at it with him on (California bill) and showed up here explicitly to express my admiration (in you, not him).

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #413 on: September 07, 2017, 07:18:18 pm »

I was just this minute reading a thread you were going at it with him on (California bill) and showed up here explicitly to express my admiration (in you, not him).
Pretty sure someone will flag me since I'm accusing Yahweh of genocide...still, been an interesting if pointless conversation. The man refuses to see sense.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #414 on: September 07, 2017, 07:48:34 pm »
I know.  I keep poking at him too, just to see what he will say next.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #415 on: September 09, 2017, 12:02:44 pm »
Oh, Crow, you are absolutely DESTROYING Amos in the Nashville thread.  It's the best reading I've had in a month.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #416 on: September 09, 2017, 03:30:49 pm »
"The complex relationship between Morality and empathy"
by Jean & Jason, University of Chicago

Hum, where is the EVIDENCE that Chicago exists?
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #417 on: September 11, 2017, 04:59:25 am »
Oh, Crow, you are absolutely DESTROYING Amos in the Nashville thread.  It's the best reading I've had in a month.
I'm glad to provide some entertainment! My responses will be a bit delayed since I have family visiting, but Amos is having trouble keeping a steady argument going, so I don't know how much longer he will last.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #418 on: September 11, 2017, 10:57:18 pm »
TheKingOfRhye
What's your point? Do you really equate same-sex marriage with child abuse, rape and murder?

ppp777

Yes I certainly do , they are all evils and all [ as I said ] , reality .

Oh Dear, oh Dear KingOfRhye, How oh how are you going to respond to this?

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #419 on: September 11, 2017, 11:54:01 pm »

MCrow
"Do good and make the world better"

Amos Moses
there is no good or evil in your A-theistic worldview ........... so how can you "do good" .... how can you make it better ... that would require you to know good from evil ..... and again .... there is no good or evil in your A-theistic worldview ...........

Oh Amos, sometime I wish it were true. That I was not constrained as MCrow has pointed out to you. That I could without ethical or moral regrets rid the world once and for all of ellipsis.

And bravo to you CrowFood. I can not say you are fighting “The Good Fight” or even that you are winning.  I can only hope and pray that it turns out to be Odin.