Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156080 times)

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2017, 01:31:18 pm »
A person named Laurell had this deleted from “Judge Rules State of Kentucky….”

How the world defines the word “marriage” is different than the way
God defines it. For all intents and purposes, what the world calls
marriage is simply a corporate business contract, which can be dissolved
at one's convenience. While I think it would be good to help Kim Davis
in this matter (a GoFund me page, for example); while she was employed
at that government office it was her duty to do her job as defined by
civil law. In the Bible, Jesus and his disciples were under the civil
law and had to pay tax, and they were obedient in this. 1Peter 2:13-16
says :

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment
of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

As Christians, we are expected to obey the civil laws, but not if those
laws would cause us to transgress against God. I say without judgement
that I would not have chosen the job Kim Davis did because of these
conflicts, but I’m sure she didn’t expect this circumstance. However,
nowhere in the Bible is a license, or bill of marriage, ever mentioned
or made a requirement. Worldly marriage and Biblical marriage defined
by God are two different things entirely.

Michael C gave her a response which is still posted
and then Laurell’s reply

Yes.  My bad.  I misunderstood what I read.  You are absolutely right.
was silently deleted.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:34:02 pm by Bob J. »
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2017, 01:38:35 pm »
It would be nice if we knew who has the job of censor on Christian News network for the forum area.  It's a bit like the Lady Checkmate situation - they delete what they like and you cannot appeal the decision.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2017, 02:12:24 pm »
Were you talking about a conversation I had with Amos, AC?  At any rate, I just submitted the one I was just having with him.....where he says noisy bodily functions are, and I quote, "results of the fall of man ........... the results of the rejection of God and the truth ....... the result of the embrace of sin and its effects on our lives and deaths ........."   ???

That was one of those where I found myself thinking, "wait a minute, did he REALLY just say that???"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:14:17 pm by KingOfRhye »

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2017, 02:53:15 pm »
Were you talking about a conversation I had with Amos, AC?  At any rate, I just submitted the one I was just having with him.....where he says noisy bodily functions are, and I quote, "results of the fall of man ........... the results of the rejection of God and the truth ....... the result of the embrace of sin and its effects on our lives and deaths ........."   ???

That was one of those where I found myself thinking, "wait a minute, did he REALLY just say that???"

And the REASON we know that is a direct quote is that it contains an absurd amount of periods.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2017, 05:41:18 pm »

No, it was with Oboehner a few days ago.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2017, 07:10:13 pm »
Generally speaking, I submit almost every conversation I have with Oboehner to FSTDT.  He's the most gloriously stupid human being.  I'm surprised he remembers to draw breath.

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2017, 09:23:18 pm »

And the REASON we know that is a direct quote is that it contains an absurd amount of periods.
The English school teacher part of me always wants to teach him the correct use of an ellipsis

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2017, 07:33:08 pm »
I officially resign when it comes to engaging Oboehner in conversation.  He repeats the same idiotic platitudes over and over and never responds to challenges except to sneer and trot out his usual catchphrases like "appeal to authority" and "religious belief".  He's made me crazy for the last time.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2017, 11:02:18 pm »
I officially resign when it comes to engaging Oboehner in conversation.

“Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.”
- Winston Churchill

Or possibly,
“Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.”
- Mark Twain
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:26:06 pm by Bob J. »
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2017, 02:58:11 pm »
I officially resign when it comes to engaging Oboehner in conversation.  He repeats the same idiotic platitudes over and over and never responds to challenges except to sneer and trot out his usual catchphrases like "appeal to authority" and "religious belief".  He's made me crazy for the last time.

He has the most difficult time with the difference between "I don't like that X exists" and " X doesn't exist."

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2017, 03:07:34 pm »
He has the most difficult time with the difference between "I don't like that X exists" and " X doesn't exist."
I just can't bear his sarcastic sneering.  It must be a keenly honed defense mechanism or something to compensate for his high level of utter wrongness.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2017, 03:27:23 pm »

Fractally wrong - The state of being wrong at every conceivable scale of resolution. That is, from a distance, a fractally wrong person's worldview is incorrect; and furthermore, if you zoom in on any small part of that person's worldview, that part is just as wrong as the whole worldview.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2017, 03:42:59 pm »

http://christiannews.net/2017/07/26/trump-announces-reinstatement-of-ban-on-transgenders-serving-in-u-s-military/

Don’t you just love the picture they chose?
Says “Christian” all over it.

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2017, 05:01:15 pm »

If I had read this without knowing who you were talking about, I would have honestly expected it to be about Amos Moses.
I agree with the same thing for Amos; he does drive me crazy, but I am hoping that after a rest I might possibly be able to maybe go back and now that I know more about Fundies, have some serious fun with Amos. I'll still be doing my work to spread the gospel, because of the Silent people, and if I can, I'll direct the mistakes he makes directly head-on; after all, foreknowledge is a definite tactic I am willing to use if it will help others to avoid being Fundies too.  ???
Don't want any of those pesky varmints around in the future, if it be the Lord's will.  ;)
I'm just not ready to take that on again yet. All of the support I've gotten especially from some of the posters here has been awesome and good at making me feel like I could actually be making a difference. That is an awesome feeling that cannot be compared to for me.
If you do go back, as Bob J. says, play it as a poker game, or a debate or whatever, but I say have fun doing it. As long as we are not behaving badly, especially when they are and we point it out, our lights will be far too brilliant for his darkness to remain for others. They will see by our light that the Fundies do not have the proof we have, and that their point of view is wrong, and here is why  and what they need to do.  Knowing what is a wrong interpretation is just as important as knowing what is right when learning the Gospel, don't you think? It teaches that others have a different view and it's because they read the gospel themselves, (hopefully) they might choose to follow the gospel, which Fundies never seem to actually seem to do.
I try not to interfere with other people's beliefs and prefer to tell them simply, then ask them to re-read the Gospel. Then it is up to them and God to put it together for themselves and personally choose which interpretation is closer (at least) to what they have read in the Gospel themselves.
By behaving well, and reining in our frustrations, we can choose our words carefully without being so much critical of their view, as being helpful to a brother or sister, and the others who read our posts will be more likely to actually check out what we say.
Jocasta, I encourage you to take a rest, but don't give up the fight for always. Take a break or vacation as it were and go back in the ring fighting for Truth, and for the silent people who might benefit from what you say in those 'poker games'.
I believe it brings Glory to God to do what we do, because we reflect Jesus, hopefully!
May God's blessings be with you always...

I am still learning who is who and who is of my faith etc. If I totally blew this and you are not fighting for faith, please forgive me. I will (try to) remember next time if you remind me when I make those mistakes, ok?

The Word of God is Truth; if it is not in the Word of God, it is not Truth.
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Walk daily with the Lord and learn his ways.

We walk by faith, and not by sight.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2017, 06:36:05 pm »
I fully intend to take all these people to task on a daily basis as I always have, as much because their priorities are so messed up as because they do such a disservice to the faith they profess to have.  So don't worry in that respect, I'm not going anywhere.  I'm just taking a long, possibly permanent, break from Oboehner in particular because he is the hardest-headed one of them all.  He is who they were talking about when they said "it's like talking to a brick wall".