Author Topic: May's snap election call in Britain  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
May's snap election call in Britain
« on: April 18, 2017, 06:14:15 pm »
May just challenged Corbyn to go to the polls in an early election, Corbyn-despite waffling on Brexit and currently displaying the charisma and popularity of a wet moldy sock, agreed. The Lib Dems are also keen.

I can't stand the Tories but it's a smart play, Labour are weak and disorganized, Corbyn clearly wishes this whole Brexit thing would just go away and the Lib Dems are hungrily eyeing both Labour and Tory seats-though a shitload of people probably distrust them with good reason after that whole "coalition with the Tories" thing.

Be interesting to see how this shitshow plays out.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: May's snap election call in Britain
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 06:26:45 pm »
The SNP are probably licking their chops at the thought of a) taking 58 if not all 59 Scottish seats, b) calling a snap election in Scotland after May pushes through a hard Brexit, and c) calling a new independence referendum.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 01:53:23 am »
May as well get the popcorn. The US and Britain are putting on one hell of a show.

It isn't often we see a combination of comedy and tragedy, but that's exactly what we're seeing in the current state of politics.

The only time I ever saw this level of dark humor was on Dr. Strangelove.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 01:55:08 am by Stormwarden »

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 02:31:31 am »
As FSTDT's main page can testify, Corbyn does not have the best people loyal to him - honestly, I am hoping rational heads manage to make some leads and inroads in Britain.

That, and get those wackobirds quoted out of Labor.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 02:36:58 am by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 04:52:49 am »
This one's about a week from now iirc, I don't follow British politics too much, but I have heard that Corbyn is pretty much considered a huge fuck-up and not even his own party like him that much currently. I did briefly pay attention during the initial vote about Brexit though, that was a complete shitshow.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 07:38:16 am »
Corbyn has pushed the gap from ~20% to about 5% in the last month and a bit. It's been one of the greatest political campaigns in the history of politics. If he wins, which isn't impossible, it'll be the greatest Labour victory since 1945. And it's with REAL Labour, serious policies, a genuine leader, and the deserved hate of those whose hate is a compliment. Including in his own party.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR