Author Topic: More proof that the Christian God is real  (Read 10994 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: More proof that the Christian God is real
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2018, 05:08:28 am »
With every post Jake makes the more bizarre his interpretation of his own professed religion becomes.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2018, 08:48:52 am »
OK, story of Sodom in the book of Genesis 18-19, God needs to send his angels on a fact finding/city smiting mission -which you wouldn't need to do if you had access to instantaneous wormholes giving you a 24/7 view of everything going on in the cosmos.

FFS Jacob, they are iron age stories written by iron age people. They didn't know about wormholes, it's doubtful they even knew the Earth was round. Most moderate Christians, Muslims and Jews merely say the words were inspired by God because they know full well these people didn't have access to modern ideas about physics or cosmology. In fact they knew a hell of a lot less than other contemporaneous civilisations in no small part due to the fact that they were a small time, not very learned nation of people.

It wasn’t until the Holy Spirit part of God came down upon the Earth after Christ’s accession that God became omnipresent. It is the Holy Spirit that travels all around.
Unbiblical and you know it.

Jeremiah 23:24 “Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the Lord. Do I not fill heaven and earth?"

Job 34:21 “For his eyes are on the ways of a man, and he sees all his steps.”

Proverbs 15:3 “The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.”

Hebrews 4:13 “And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.”

All OT, call yourself a Christian!

O Lord. Forgive me for making a heretical unbiblical claim. Forgive me for not studying the Old Testament.

In the case of Sodom, God paused his omnipresent traveling when talking to Abraham and also needed
to pause it when preparing to rain fire upon the city which is why he needed to send Angels to see if there were any righteous people in Sodom.
Seriously, what's the point? An omni-everything doesn't need to pause for thought because he knows the answer already.
Well God has to travel through time for him to be beyond time and to not require a cause. I do not have the answers to all the divine mysteries, but I try my best to speculate and try to reconcile science and Christianity.
So, when you say "proof" what you mean is "speculation." Yeah, that's what I thought.

He’s omniscient because he’s omnipresent, so when he pauses his omnipresence, he temporarily loses his omniscience.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2018, 04:53:08 pm »
Or so you speculate, right?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2018, 05:36:18 pm »
Or so you speculate, right?

Well it’s the explanation that makes the most sense and prevents contradiction

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2018, 05:38:42 pm »
Does God their when I use the bathroom?  If so does that make him a pervert?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2018, 05:47:24 pm »

He’s not a pervert he is just watching to see if you commit the sin of masturbation while using the bathroom to see how much sins you must do penance for before you die and if you die without doing penance for your venial sins, you will do pennance in purgatory.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2018, 05:48:14 pm »

He’s not a pervert he is just watching to see if you commit the sin of masturbation while using the bathroom to see how much sins you must do penance for before you die and if you die without doing penance for your venial sins, you will do pennance in purgatory.

So... God watches to see if you jack off?

Pervert.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2018, 05:53:28 pm »

So... God watches to see if you jack off?

Pervert.

He is not a pervert. He just knows that it is a sin. He also watches you when you shower, and change because he wants to see if you repent and pray to him, and to protect Christians.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2018, 05:56:35 pm »
Direct Question: If I was spying on you when you were showering without your permission to "protect" you, would you consider me a pervert?

If yes, why is god different?

If no, why not?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2018, 05:57:59 pm »
Direct Question: If I was spying on you when you were showering without your permission to "protect" you, would you consider me a pervert?

If yes, why is god different?

If no, why not?

God is different because he’s asexual.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2018, 06:00:29 pm »
So you'd be okay with asexual humans watching you while you shower without your permission?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2018, 06:27:57 pm »
So you'd be okay with asexual humans watching you while you shower without your permission?

No because they are not omnipotent so they can’t answer my prayers.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2018, 06:32:49 pm »

No because they are not omnipotent so they can’t answer my prayers.

And how often have your prayers been answered?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2018, 06:50:08 pm »
Hey Jacob, out of the things you've stated that you want on this board, how many have you prayed for?

• For us to accept your version of Christianity
  • For us to accept your proof of God
  • For us to agree with your view on Star Wars
  • For us to agree with your views on British politics
  • For you to find a willing bride here
  • For you to convince us that conversion therapy is good
  • For you to convince us that the blowing up of the fictional planet Alderaan was good
  • For someone to remove your testicals

If so, how's that working out for you?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2018, 06:53:29 pm »
Why can't God answer prayers without being a pervert/stalker?