Author Topic: More proof that the Christian God is real  (Read 11020 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: More proof that the Christian God is real
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2018, 08:07:15 pm »
Er, which book in the bible is String Theory in again? Or did you pull that out of a different region of spacetime!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2018, 08:26:07 pm »
Er, which book in the bible is String Theory in again? Or did you pull that out of a different region of spacetime!

Well the Bible does not explain the physics of how the universe works, but now that things such as quantum mechanics and string theory are being observed, we have a better understanding of it.

Strodinger’s cat explains how God is beyond time yet we still have the free will to influence the future and our fate. God knows all the possibilities of the future but our decisions cause the wavefunction to collapse.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2018, 08:33:46 pm »

Well the Bible does not explain the physics of how the universe works, but now that things such as quantum mechanics and string theory are being observed, we have a better understanding of it.

Strodinger’s cat explains how God is beyond time yet we still have the free will to influence the future and our fate. God knows all the possibilities of the future but our decisions cause the wavefunction to collapse.
You do know that String Theory is merely one of the best hypothetical models to reconcile the Theory of Relativity and Quantum Mechanics, there isn't any direct empirical evidence for it and there are competing theories like Quantum Loop Gravity that also do a reasonable job.  And Schrodinger's Cat is an often misunderstood analogy for what happens at the quantum level which is kinda small.

And I see a string, possibly, in that picture but String Theory doesn't explain your wild conjectures about teen doodles and prophecy.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2018, 09:01:47 pm »

You do know that String Theory is merely one of the best hypothetical models to reconcile the Theory of Relativity and Quantum Mechanics, there isn't any direct empirical evidence for it and there are competing theories like Quantum Loop Gravity that also do a reasonable job.  And Schrodinger's Cat is an often misunderstood analogy for what happens at the quantum level which is kinda small.

And I see a string, possibly, in that picture but String Theory doesn't explain your wild conjectures about teen doodles and prophecy.

Well I guess that God’s omnipresence is proof of String theory, because the wormholes he time travels in are far away from the Earth, so he needs 7 other dimensions as a shortcut if he travels the speed of light.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2018, 09:13:01 pm »

Well I guess that God’s omnipresence is proof of String theory, because the wormholes he time travels in are far away from the Earth, so he needs 7 other dimensions as a shortcut if he travels the speed of light.

And where does the Bible mention wormholes?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2018, 09:16:14 pm »

It does not because people at that time did not understand the concept of wormholes. However today, wormholes are said to be the only way that time travel is possible.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2018, 09:20:17 pm »

It does not because people at that time did not understand the concept of wormholes. However today, wormholes are said to be the only way that time travel is possible.

So the Bible doesn't mention wormholes, it doesn't mention anything close to our current theoretical understanding of them, it doesn't mention (AFAIK) that God can travel through time in any way, oh, and we don't actually know that wormholes are the only possible means of time travel.

(If you're willing to settle for a one-way trip into the future, you can just accelerate yourself to near the speed of light, after all.)
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2018, 09:37:39 pm »

So the Bible doesn't mention wormholes, it doesn't mention anything close to our current theoretical understanding of them, it doesn't mention (AFAIK) that God can travel through time in any way, oh, and we don't actually know that wormholes are the only possible means of time travel.

(If you're willing to settle for a one-way trip into the future, you can just accelerate yourself to near the speed of light, after all.)

Well God has to travel through time for him to be beyond time and to not require a cause. I do not have the answers to all the divine mysteries, but I try my best to speculate and try to reconcile science and Christianity.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2018, 09:46:43 pm »
OK, story of Sodom in the book of Genesis 18-19, God needs to send his angels on a fact finding/city smiting mission -which you wouldn't need to do if you had access to instantaneous wormholes giving you a 24/7 view of everything going on in the cosmos.

FFS Jacob, they are iron age stories written by iron age people. They didn't know about wormholes, it's doubtful they even knew the Earth was round. Most moderate Christians, Muslims and Jews merely say the words were inspired by God because they know full well these people didn't have access to modern ideas about physics or cosmology. In fact they knew a hell of a lot less than other contemporaneous civilisations in no small part due to the fact that they were a small time, not very learned nation of people.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2018, 10:04:56 pm »
OK, story of Sodom in the book of Genesis 18-19, God needs to send his angels on a fact finding/city smiting mission -which you wouldn't need to do if you had access to instantaneous wormholes giving you a 24/7 view of everything going on in the cosmos.

FFS Jacob, they are iron age stories written by iron age people. They didn't know about wormholes, it's doubtful they even knew the Earth was round. Most moderate Christians, Muslims and Jews merely say the words were inspired by God because they know full well these people didn't have access to modern ideas about physics or cosmology. In fact they knew a hell of a lot less than other contemporaneous civilisations in no small part due to the fact that they were a small time, not very learned nation of people.

It wasn’t until the Holy Spirit part of God came down upon the Earth after Christ’s accession that God became omnipresent. It is the Holy Spirit that travels all around.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2018, 10:29:49 pm »

It wasn’t until the Holy Spirit part of God came down upon the Earth after Christ’s accession that God became omnipresent. It is the Holy Spirit that travels all around.
Unbiblical and you know it.

Jeremiah 23:24 “Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the Lord. Do I not fill heaven and earth?"

Job 34:21 “For his eyes are on the ways of a man, and he sees all his steps.”

Proverbs 15:3 “The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.”

Hebrews 4:13 “And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.”

All OT, call yourself a Christian!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2018, 11:45:15 pm »
Hebrews is New Testament. (Other three are Old though.)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2018, 08:33:43 am »

Jeremiah 23:24 “Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the Lord. Do I not fill heaven and earth?"

Proverbs 15:3 “The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.”

Hebrews 4:13 “And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.”

O Lord. Forgive me for making a heretical unbiblical claim. Forgive me for not studying the Old Testament.

In the case of Sodom, God paused his omnipresent traveling when talking to Abraham and also needed
to pause it when preparing to rain fire upon the city which is why he needed to send Angels to see if there were any righteous people in Sodom.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2018, 09:12:32 pm »

O Lord. Forgive me for making a heretical unbiblical claim. Forgive me for not studying the Old Testament.

In the case of Sodom, God paused his omnipresent traveling when talking to Abraham and also needed
to pause it when preparing to rain fire upon the city which is why he needed to send Angels to see if there were any righteous people in Sodom.
Seriously, what's the point? An omni-everything doesn't need to pause for thought because he knows the answer already.
Well God has to travel through time for him to be beyond time and to not require a cause. I do not have the answers to all the divine mysteries, but I try my best to speculate and try to reconcile science and Christianity.
So, when you say "proof" what you mean is "speculation." Yeah, that's what I thought.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:16:01 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2018, 11:23:12 pm »
Well, by "truth" he means "stuff someone else pulled out of his"--of course it's his--"ass and I refuse to question".