Author Topic: Racists mad that players can shoot KKK in Mafia 3  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Racists mad that players can shoot KKK in Mafia 3
« on: October 03, 2016, 08:26:31 am »
https://8bitdigi.com/2016/10/01/racists-outraged-that-mafia-iii-allows-players-to-kill-klansmen/

HAHA!

They didn't complain about Irish and Italian gangsters in the previous games. I kinda doubt that these were the people complaining that one of the Resident Evil games had the player shoot Africans (in Africa.)

...But suddenly when the KKK are (one of) the villains of a game ALLL LIVES MATTER!!=!!=!=!=!=!

Someone theorized that the complainers are part of Gamergate and GG responded by calling everyone a "beta cuck."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Racists mad that players can shoot KKK in Mafia 3
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:49:39 pm »
Oh those wacky gookers.

Ironbite-when will they learn?

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 04:19:40 am »
To be honest, that was one commenter and he was not using those words seriously (and for what's it worth denies being a Gator). Gators can be ridiculous enough when their words are taken in the proper context so there no need to take their words out of it.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 04:32:29 am »
Can't you people see? This "game" is nothing more than a murder simulator, designed to train our impressionable youth to do violence towards an already struggling organisation that is a huge part of our history and culture.

I think I speak for all of us when I say we should ban this sick filth.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 08:16:42 am »
Funny, that's actually a selling point for me.  Not that I'm interested in it, YouTube likes to inundate me with one ad for it, but at least its the GTA ripoff that isn't Saint's Row, but lets one finally kill the Klan.  Tell me, can I hunt them endlessly a la the Punisher?  Because that would actually be rather enjoyable.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 04:40:33 pm »
I've been watching a let's play and so far the game looks good. They even put a disclaimer in the intro where they explain that they know that the racism in the game may disturb some people but they felt that pretending that it didn't happen in the region at that time would be even worse.

Haven't seen the KKK yet, unless the "Dixie mob" is what the scandal was about, though it is possible that the actual KKK will show up later on.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 06:37:27 am »
I don't get why the racists got angry about this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeHxPGgPfxk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeHxPGgPfxk</a>

KKK is portrayed rather accurately. I suppose someone might complain that they don't show the friendly side of KKK when they are having a barbecue back home and all. But since the perspective that the player gets is through the eyes of a black guy I doubt that the KKK would have invited him over for a few beers. I mean, we don't really see the "civilian" side of any of the organizations that much and KKK isn't certainly in the biggest focus in the game.

Also, it's amusing that just as the player character stabs a guard to death the KKK boss is screaming how a black man is "out there- right this very minute - slitting the throats of white men and women." *stab* "Right now."