Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 386855 times)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2685 on: December 06, 2018, 02:18:46 pm »
It exists, sure. Much like my 96 year old grandmother suffering from dementia, mobility issues, and near crippling depression still exists.

And nothing's wrong with the 9th and 10th Amendments at all.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #2686 on: December 09, 2018, 02:41:32 pm »
Quote from: Tinguren4 at Breitbart
After the endless chance [sic] of lock her up! How ironic will it be if Trump is the one that actually sits behind bars? Surely it would be proof that there is a God. It would also be proof that he has a sense of humor.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2687 on: December 10, 2018, 05:34:45 am »
... Breitbart?! :o

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2688 on: December 10, 2018, 03:56:56 pm »
So I think I've finally cracked the code when it comes to Trump and how he views this investigation.

He has no clue how a real criminal investigation is actually run or proceeds.

He tweeted today about how there's no "smocking gun" found so therefore there's no collusion and other things.  The thing is, "smocking guns" only exist in crime dramas and the such.  There often isn't a concrete "ah-hah gotcha!" piece of evidence in real life.  But in the Orange Piss Pot's head, there has to be.  He doesn't get that all the testimony, all the investigations, and all the shit Mueller's been finding out about is the result of a real investigation.  And it's got him scared.

Ironbite-and his hand picked SCOTUS Bro just joined the majority in not taking up a case that could've spelt dire news for abortion rights.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2689 on: December 10, 2018, 05:03:17 pm »
Ironbite-and his hand picked SCOTUS Bro just joined the majority in not taking up a case that could've spelt dire news for abortion rights.

Oh? A two-thirds majority, then; only four justices need to agree that the Court should take a case for them to consider it. (This is to prevent a majority on the Court from determining its docket.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #2690 on: December 11, 2018, 11:45:03 am »

Oh? A two-thirds majority, then; only four justices need to agree that the Court should take a case for them to consider it. (This is to prevent a majority on the Court from determining its docket.)

The four liberal judges, Roberts and Kavanaugh declined to hear the case.  So they only had three agreeing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2691 on: December 11, 2018, 12:02:30 pm »

The four liberal judges, Roberts and Kavanaugh declined to hear the case.  So they only had three agreeing.

What might happen is that Kavanaugh just keeps declining to hear said cases, and lets the ever-more-conservative circuit courts uphold restrictive abortion laws in GOP-run states.

Also, fuck you, Harry Reid, you idiot.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2692 on: December 11, 2018, 02:21:45 pm »
So I think I've finally cracked the code when it comes to Trump and how he views this investigation.

He has no clue how a real criminal investigation is actually run or proceeds.

He tweeted today about how there's no "smocking gun" found so therefore there's no collusion and other things.  The thing is, "smocking guns" only exist in crime dramas and the such.  There often isn't a concrete "ah-hah gotcha!" piece of evidence in real life.  But in the Orange Piss Pot's head, there has to be.  He doesn't get that all the testimony, all the investigations, and all the shit Mueller's been finding out about is the result of a real investigation.  And it's got him scared.

Did he actually write "smocking gun?" He did it twice which gives me the impression that he really doesn't know how to spell smoking. When he was shitting on the toilet in the White House did he take the time to think about how to smell smoking? Did he go is there a c in there or not? I do have the best words so it must be a c. Or did he just type it out thinking he's been spelling the word right his entire life?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2693 on: December 11, 2018, 03:40:17 pm »
What do you think?

And today, Trump lost the shutdown fight until the end of this farce.  He gave a sound bite that can and will come back to bite him in the ass.

"I will be proud to shut down the government over the border wall."

Now, before people come here telling me that I'm wrong and it won't do anything, think about what has just happened.  We had a 40 seat pick up in the House giving the Democrats a very wide berth to do whatever they want.  And the biggest reason that most voters cited in voting against Republicans was Trump.  And he's just handed the Democrats a great weapon to use against him.

Ironbite-this man is....amazing.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #2694 on: December 11, 2018, 03:47:38 pm »

What might happen is that Kavanaugh just keeps declining to hear said cases, and lets the ever-more-conservative circuit courts uphold restrictive abortion laws in GOP-run states.

If you honestly think that McConnell wouldn't have changed the rules the way he did regardless of what Harry Reid had done in the past, you're hopelessly naive and I hope you stay safe in this dangerous world.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2695 on: December 11, 2018, 04:06:38 pm »

If you honestly think that McConnell wouldn't have changed the rules the way he did regardless of what Harry Reid had done in the past, you're hopelessly naive and I hope you stay safe in this dangerous world.

Of course McConnell would've changed the rules. I have no illusions on that point. They learned from Frist.

What Reid should have done was either a) not change the rules at all, forcing the GOP to own the whole thing or b) change the rules as soon as possible after Brown's win in 2010, and then fill every court vacancy he could. What he should not have done is what he did, which is wait until shortly before the Democrats were almost certainly going to lose the Senate and leave only a year and a bit to get to putting ideologically friendly justices on the federal bench.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2696 on: December 11, 2018, 05:37:57 pm »
What do you think?

And today, Trump lost the shutdown fight until the end of this farce.  He gave a sound bite that can and will come back to bite him in the ass.

"I will be proud to shut down the government over the border wall."

Now, before people come here telling me that I'm wrong and it won't do anything, think about what has just happened.  We had a 40 seat pick up in the House giving the Democrats a very wide berth to do whatever they want.  And the biggest reason that most voters cited in voting against Republicans was Trump.  And he's just handed the Democrats a great weapon to use against him.

Ironbite-this man is....amazing.

I think it's great, and tacking on the words "Trump Shutdown" is the icing on the cake. America responds to sound bites and democrats need to get better at their sound bite game so this is a start.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #2697 on: December 11, 2018, 05:56:01 pm »
I've been thinking about trump's idiotic wall and that lead me to a thought. Who would actually build the wall? Ok, fine. Who would hire the illegals to build the wall? My shot in the dark guess is someone he personally knows, someone who will give him kickbacks. Nothing to do with his base or border security or even sticking it to anyone. For profit, same reason he's involved with Russia and China. Anyways, that's my thought.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2698 on: December 11, 2018, 07:56:10 pm »
An affiliate/subsidiary of TrumpCo, of course!

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #2699 on: December 12, 2018, 06:22:56 am »
That was kinda the point, Chad. Most of what he does and says is to profit him, his family, or friends.  From manipulating the markets to his dealings with countries, its done for short term profit. Follow the money, find the truth.