Author Topic: The dreaded C word.  (Read 2839 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
The dreaded C word.
« on: July 22, 2018, 04:14:16 pm »
 Is anyone else getting sick and tired of hearing this word getting thrown around all the time especially on the right?
I'm talking about the word Cuck.
It's being used so much that it's now part of our lexicon. I think I hear or see it at least once a day now. It's especially popular in the incel community who try to make themselves feel better by calling happily married people cucks.
Thing is I don't think I ever heard the word before 2016 and the emergence of Donald Trump and the alt right seems to have popularised the saying. At first I thought just a bunch of idiots were spelling cock wrong.
The thing is it's not insulting, at least to anyone who has half a brain to know they don't have a cuckold fetish, or know they have a loyal partner. It sounds stupid, it even doesn't sound punchy, and the words confusing enough that if someone was called it it would probably confuse them if they never heard it.
Am I alone in thinking this?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: The dreaded C word.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 05:33:59 pm »
Welp, I got called a cuck recently by a dolt-righter and I told him I was widowed and asked what the fuck had he been up to were he involved in said cuckolding.

He didn't get it, probably a good thing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 06:12:45 pm »
How do you feel about people using the word against right-wing nutjobs? Because some of us - including myself - have used it that way.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Online RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 06:44:32 pm »
I prefer to just call them assholes and morons.  No need to reinvent the wheel.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 07:01:51 pm »
Welp, I got called a cuck recently by a dolt-righter and I told him I was widowed and asked what the fuck had he been up to were he involved in said cuckolding.

He didn't get it, probably a good thing.

You should've said "Oh, since you apparently have knowledge about it, and my wife is dead, you're obviously a necrophiliac. Good on you coming out about it."
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 07:06:27 pm »
If used unironically it is a pretty clear indicator that you are a fucksticle.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 08:32:24 pm »
How do you feel about people using the word against right-wing nutjobs? Because some of us - including myself - have used it that way.

Hm. I don't think I much like that, either.

Because, well,you can't use something as an insult without implicitly endorsing the thing that makes it insulting. What gives 'cuck' negative valence? The idea of a man so unmasculine that his wife goes looking for someone who can satisfy her. Like, that's the basic narrative of cuckoldry. And if you don't think men have to be stereotypically masculine, and you don't think someone who was cheated on deserves blame or mockery... then whence the insult?

I'd rather it just vanish from the discourse altogether
Σא

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 08:33:14 pm »
I like it. It's a great way to tell if someone should or should not be listened to. If they call someone a "cuck", then they have no value as discussion/argument partners, pure and simple.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 10:35:27 pm »
It's just another word that men use to emasculate one another.
It's the new "faggot" or "pussy" which I guess have fallen out of fashion either from over saturation or just lacking any meaning behind them anymore.
It's just being used so much it just makes the user sound dumb and unoriginal. Especially coming from a miserable mysogynistic virgin whom doesn't realize that its their own self misery that makes them so unappealing to people. It's like your insults don't mean anything dude,  because I'm happy and you're not.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 10:45:39 pm »
Ah the crisis of modern manhood.

"So I can't fight everyone, be a bigot, be nuerotic about being heteronormative, or obsessive about sports or drink till I fall down what can I do?"
"Not be cheated on?"
"But...but that's not even me doing the thing being done!"
"Hell if I know man."

There's global warming, crazy presidents and then there's the real problems of the modern age.

Sarcasm, in case anyone asks. For fuck's sake. Sarcasm.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 06:58:09 pm »
Not to mention the racist as balls insinuations that go with it.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 09:00:15 pm »
Yeah it must be fucked for the guy who has a biracial penis.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 10:34:56 pm »
I've only encountered the word on FSTDT and such....and I've heard it a lot there, so, it's really kinda meaningless to me now.  It's kinda like "fascist" or something.  It's lost its meaning.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 06:56:31 pm »
Cuck seemingly means whatever the person using it wants it to mean, so basically it's just what the alt-right does instead of calling everything they don't like Hitler (as old conservatives did with Obama) because the alt right actually likes Hitler so being called Hitler isn't an insult to them.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2018, 04:02:44 am »
Cuck
Beta
Libtard
Feminazi
Triggered
Snowflake
SJW

All words that when use unironically, or when not being used back at those who use them unironically to show how much of a hypocrite they are, serve as a useful sort of shorthand to let you know that the person is an irredeemable moron who's opinion you can instantly dismiss and you shouldn't bother reading anything more they have to say. It's very considerate of them to come up with these words to let us know to just skip past anything they write, it's such a time saver.

As a side note, does anyone else find it hilarious how these people seem to think "cuck" and "beta" are such devastating insults when in reality they are literally nothing to everyone else? I can't think of a less hurtful "insult"other than "you're smelly". Probably says a lot their own insecurities.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 04:04:58 am by Katsuro »