Author Topic: "Interesting" police operation in Finland.  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
"Interesting" police operation in Finland.
« on: September 24, 2018, 10:55:13 am »
In the archipelago of Turku the Finnish police made a few arrests in what they refer to as "routine operation" into possible financial crimes.

This "routine operation" included 300 police officers (carrying assault rifles and SMGs and having had their faces covered) assaulting a small corporation and arresting people.

The corporation is officially in tourism business and marketed to Russians. In order to do this tourism they have spent the last several years buying properties near Finnish telecommunication masts and other strategic locations and building cabins with helicopter pads. Also they bought some surplus vehicles from the Finnish navy.

Despite all of these purchases they have never actually had any customers and Finnish analysts are politely saying that it is kinda confusing how the corporation could be still operating when they have never made any money over the years.

Finnish police are saying nothing of importance and are frustrating the reporters.

"But why did your officers had automatic weapons and wore masks?!" "Well, these are part of the standard equipment in the police car and are used if needed on the assignment." "Did the operation require it?" "No comment."

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/mondays_papers_a_closer_look_at_airiston_helmis_land_grab_and_speeding_penalty_changes/10419525
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: "Interesting" police operation in Finland.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 06:06:36 pm »
The corporation is officially in tourism business and marketed to Russians. In order to do this tourism they have spent the last several years buying properties near Finnish telecommunication masts and other strategic locations and building cabins with helicopter pads. Also they bought some surplus vehicles from the Finnish navy.

Why hello there, fellow Finns!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: "Interesting" police operation in Finland.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 02:18:47 am »
At some point retired military officers had to come out and make a statement because the speculations were getting way too wild.

Mainly they just pointed out that no, the island where Airiston Helmi was located is not suitable to be a submarine base and getting a sub there is the equivalent of piloting a cruise ship up a shallow river.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!