Author Topic: WTF is going on with the Olympics?!  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
WTF is going on with the Olympics?!
« on: August 05, 2012, 04:03:07 am »
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/photos/controversies-of-the-2012-olympics-slideshow/president-of-the-international-olympic-commission-jacques-rogge-gestures-during-a-tour-of-the-photo-1343066718.html

Check out these pics. It's insane how much shit has been going on at this years olympics! Racial slurs, clock malfunctions, displaying the south korean flag instead of the north korean flag, people deliberately losing or crashing....

Seriously, what the FUCK is happening??

Art Vandelay

Re: WTF is going on with the Olympics?!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 04:06:59 am »
Sounds pretty average for a huge sporting event like the Olympics. Then again, I don't give two fucks about sport in general, so I'm really just talking about of my ass.

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 04:10:45 am »
The boxing is easily enough explained, as the governing body of amateur boxing is endemically corrupt. As for the rest, a mix of bad luck and the fact that Generation Y athletes tend to be completely arseheaded...

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 09:18:31 pm »
Also gotta consider all the athletes are likely coming off a night of heavy drinking, and equally-heavy sex.  That's pretty much why the Olympic Village exists.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:30:57 am »
No, it's demons possessing them.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.