Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024511 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #810 on: March 24, 2012, 10:52:33 am »
I know I've bitched a lot today, but goddamn...it is really fucking hot in my bedroom right now, and there's no AC. It's impossible for me to sleep when it's this warm, and my eyes are already wonderfully bloodshot.

Sleep...naked?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #811 on: March 24, 2012, 12:06:48 pm »
So, I went to the doc yesterday for my yearly pap test, and while I was at the desk the lady asked, "This is a pap test today, right dear?" Thanks for announcing that aloud. Now the five people in line behind me know I'm getting my cervix scraped (as well as the three people beside me doing their paperwork).

Not a huge deal, really, but still. Sitting in the waiting room for 15 minutes with people who knew why I was there was a tad awkward.

Yep, everyone wants to know when someone else has a date with the plastic/metal duck.  It's quackariffic.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #812 on: March 24, 2012, 01:26:48 pm »
When I'm clearly having an off day, resulting in poor planning decisions, and my mother, noticing this, scolds me for not being as well-prepared as usual.  I JUST FINISHED A MONTH OF CRAZY SHIFTS.  I barely had time to even BREATHE, and was more-or-less running on autopilot a lot of the time.  I actually needed a few more hours just to get used to thinking again.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #813 on: March 24, 2012, 02:14:10 pm »
But you're a woman.  You're not supposed to think.

Ironbite-that's the man's job.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #814 on: March 25, 2012, 02:13:01 am »
People who blast shitty music in their cars at 2am. Double points for doing this right outside my bedroom window.

It's going to take me forever to fall back asleep.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #815 on: March 25, 2012, 04:21:57 am »
Fans... open window...?   
I don't have AC in the house.  Probably never will.  I'm kind of afraid I'll get spoiled on it.  It's not a good thing if you're unaccustomed to the heat/humidity and you lose power down in GA here in the middle of Summer.

...You... lose power a lot? I guess it's different over here in Augusta. But if you lose power how will you use a fan? Or is it battery?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #816 on: March 25, 2012, 01:07:49 pm »
Fans... open window...?   
I don't have AC in the house.  Probably never will.  I'm kind of afraid I'll get spoiled on it.  It's not a good thing if you're unaccustomed to the heat/humidity and you lose power down in GA here in the middle of Summer.

...You... lose power a lot? I guess it's different over here in Augusta. But if you lose power how will you use a fan? Or is it battery?

It was more a blanket statement of my not getting accustomed to having AC all the time.  It's what I do when it gets hot.  Without power, I wouldn't be as uncomfortable as I would if I was used to having the cold air on all the time.   I shoulda been more clear.  My bad.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #817 on: March 25, 2012, 01:20:46 pm »
I think it'd be better to have AC and endure any power outages (which are rare in my case, dunno about yours) than be without AC all the flipping time. That just sounds awful.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #818 on: March 25, 2012, 03:39:00 pm »
It's not that bad, really.  I'm used to it. *Shrugs*

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #819 on: March 25, 2012, 04:35:05 pm »
Fans... open window...?   

It was more a blanket statement of my not getting accustomed to having AC all the time.  It's what I do when it gets hot.  Without power, I wouldn't be as uncomfortable as I would if I was used to having the cold air on all the time.   I shoulda been more clear.  My bad.

Ahhh. I know it was hell when I was in 'Bama with my power cutting out in the dead of summer. Guhhh. But I can't take being too hot. I overheat too easily.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #820 on: March 25, 2012, 04:35:36 pm »
Duuuuuuude...I'd fuckin combust (WTF?  Firefox doesn't recognize that word?!) during summer if I didn't have some form of AC.  I heat up pretty easily, and I can't stand that shit for too damn long.

I'm a pasty white boy, and extended exposure to southern heat (heat + humidity) will make me physically ill.  Not being pasty isn't a good compensation for havin to go vermit because heat.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #821 on: March 25, 2012, 05:56:54 pm »
Fans... open window...?   

Ahhh. I know it was hell when I was in 'Bama with my power cutting out in the dead of summer. Guhhh. But I can't take being too hot. I overheat too easily.

Dude.  Alabama.  Inside a fast-food kitchen.  In July.  With a broken A/C.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #822 on: March 25, 2012, 06:25:03 pm »
That doesn't sound like fun. D:

&

Offline Blood God Nipso

• Apprentice
« Reply #823 on: March 25, 2012, 06:27:36 pm »
Ahh all this talk of air conditioning. I don't think I've ever been in a house with air conditioning.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #824 on: March 25, 2012, 07:40:05 pm »
Pah, try living through several Queensland summers without air conditioning, then we'll talk.