Author Topic: Heliocentrism, the most widely accepted lie ever told?  (Read 25148 times)

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
Re: Heliocentrism, the most widely accepted lie ever told?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 08:07:25 pm »
Usually when someone spells atheist correctly, not like "athiest", they are a troll.

Ironic.  One thing I have noted above all else about the Atheist community is how vicious antitheistic vitriol trumps spelling and grammar every time.  If you want to use my ability to spell correctly against me you first have to address your compatriots who "HATEZ TEH CHRISTAINS LOLOLZ" or however you encode such things.
Visit my Youtube channel for more videos and information :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9YnqI2le1uwXxWwQ6w

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 08:08:26 pm »
Usually when someone spells atheist correctly, not like "athiest", they are a troll.

Ironic.  One thing I have noted above all else about the Atheist community is how vicious antitheistic vitriol trumps spelling and grammar every time.  If you want to use my ability to spell correctly against me you first have to address your compatriots who "HATEZ TEH CHRISTAINS LOLOLZ" or however you encode such things.
Dude, wut?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 08:15:10 pm »
So the Moon Landing? And every nation's space program ever?

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 08:19:46 pm »
Ok, can you provide some evidence that your assertion that the entire universe revolves around the earth is indeed fact? If you can, I'd love to see it. I'm more than happy to  accept that the universe is geocentric if someone can provide compelling evidence for that assertion.

The Geocentric model is very old and very well established.  Older, in fact, than the heliocentric model. 

The heliocentric model simply fails to provide explanations for why:

(a) we have the exact same starfield visible in the night sky every night.  If the earth moved around the sun once per year, the stars in that starfield would change position on a nightly basis, this doesn't happen.

(b) the perfect correlation between the sizes of the moon and sun as seen from earth.  This is the only set of bodies in the KNOWN UNIVERSE where a perfect eclipse is visible.

(c) the Moon's tidal force upon the earth is far stronger than the sun's.  According the The Atheist Newton's gravitational equation and the mass/distance figures mandated by the heliocentric worldview, F = GmM / r^2, the Sun's gravitational pull upon the Earth is more than 100 times larger than the Moon's, yet the Moon exerts a far greater tidal force than the sun upon the earth.  Clearly either the equations underpinning heliocentrism OR the values they ascribe to the heavenly bodies are WRONG!
Visit my Youtube channel for more videos and information :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9YnqI2le1uwXxWwQ6w

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 08:21:41 pm »
Ok, can you provide some evidence that your assertion that the entire universe revolves around the earth is indeed fact? If you can, I'd love to see it. I'm more than happy to  accept that the universe is geocentric if someone can provide compelling evidence for that assertion.

The Geocentric model is very old and very well established.  Older, in fact, than the heliocentric model.

So was the idea that the human body is made up of various humors and that controlled bleeding can solve every single disease and illness in the world.  And that was debunked.  Just like geocentrism.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 08:27:57 pm »
So older = correct now? Well, pagan religions were around long before Christianity so...

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 08:34:38 pm »
For millennia, the universe was indisputably Geocentric. 

Everyone from the simplest peasant to the greatest genius like Ptolemy KNEW that the celestial bodies revolved around a fixed earth.  This knowledge was handed down throughout every sacred text of the time and well understood to be Truth.

And then early progenitors of the modern Cult of Atheism, Copernicus and Galileo came forth to DEMAND that our knowledge be superceded and that we accept the Atheists' latest lie against God and Reality. 

The Bible says it plain, the Earth is fixed and set firm and immovable.  The celestial bodies move about us and as such are subject to the will of God.  Modern "scientists" claim this not to be so and assume a 'moving earth' reference frame for relative motions within the orbital system rather than accepting the truth of a fixed earth and a moving external heliosphere.

Ultimately, the Great Lie of Heliocentrism cannot stand against the inexorable tide of Biblical Truth, one day our faith shall be vindicated!

Hate to burst your self-righteous bubble, but Galileo and Copernicus were both Christians.  How about doing some, you know, research?
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 08:35:50 pm »

The heliocentric model simply fails to provide explanations for why:

(a) we have the exact same starfield visible in the night sky every night.  If the earth moved around the sun once per year, the stars in that starfield would change position on a nightly basis, this doesn't happen.

(b) the perfect correlation between the sizes of the moon and sun as seen from earth.  This is the only set of bodies in the KNOWN UNIVERSE where a perfect eclipse is visible.

(c) the Moon's tidal force upon the earth is far stronger than the sun's.  According the The Atheist Newton's gravitational equation and the mass/distance figures mandated by the heliocentric worldview, F = GmM / r^2, the Sun's gravitational pull upon the Earth is more than 100 times larger than the Moon's, yet the Moon exerts a far greater tidal force than the sun upon the earth.  Clearly either the equations underpinning heliocentrism OR the values they ascribe to the heavenly bodies are WRONG!

Statement (a)  couldn't be more wrong.  I can't begin to express how wrong it is.  the star field DOES change throughout the year.  That's why the constellations change throughout the year. Orion and Taurus, for example are northern hemisphere winter constellations while Cygnus and Hercules are seen in the summer.  The star field progresses across the sky on a nightly basis a little earlier each night.   This is due to the Earth revolving around the sun.

This one statement alone shows you have no idea what you are talking about and therefore diminishes the value of anything else you have to say.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 08:48:05 pm »

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 08:49:40 pm »
The sun is four hundred times wider than the moon.  It is also four hundred times further away.  More or less.  They're not perfectly matched, but they're close enough to give us some awesome eclipses, it's true.

As for tidal effects, that's also due to the greater distance of the sun than the moon.  Tidal effects are a result of the way gravity drops off in a cubic manner.  That is, if you go twice as far away, gravity is eight times weaker.  Because the far end of a body experiences weaker gravity than the near end, it causes things like tides.  The far side of the Earth from the sun simply isn't all that much further away, compared to the total distance from the sun.  So tidal effects are fairly weak.  The distance to the moon, however, is much less, which means that the difference between its gravity on the near and far sides of the Earth are enough to cause noticeable effects.

For other evidence, the orbits of the planets simply don't make sense if you assume they revolve around the Earth.  What, in your model, compels the planets to double back on themselves, as they would have to be doing for geocentrism to work?

And we could never have sent a probe to Saturn if the heliocentric model didn't work.  The math would have failed entirely.  And yet the probe made it just fine, took pictures just as nice as you please.

Sorry, fellow.  Your model's been broken for over five hundred years.  Better luck another time.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 09:15:57 pm »
Obvious troll but the gravity equation is effected more by distance then mass

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 11:13:10 pm »
I'm torn on whether this guy's sincere or not.

Assuming he is, a question: Is the Earth flat or round?

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 11:16:23 pm »
Better question, is it round like a table or round like a ball?

On a serious note, why are we feeding the troll?

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 11:17:44 pm »
On a serious note, why are we feeding the troll?
Because I can't get a live stream of the friggin' Oscars... >:(

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 11:42:28 pm »
I'm torn on whether this guy's sincere or not.

Assuming he is, a question: Is the Earth flat or round?

If the earth wasn't flat, then how come the horizon is flat?

Christians: 1

Atheists: 0
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.