Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 404700 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2820 on: January 28, 2019, 01:47:53 am »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2821 on: January 28, 2019, 01:49:27 am »
He has truly entered the "NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!!!!" phase of his office.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2822 on: January 28, 2019, 04:40:29 pm »
When you turn on the propaganda wing.....

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2823 on: January 28, 2019, 04:42:38 pm »
When you turn on the propaganda wing.....

Is r/The_Donald banning people who agree with Trump (since they'd be against FOX News) and people who agree with FOX News (since they'd be against Trump)?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2824 on: January 28, 2019, 06:12:58 pm »
Do I look like I go to Reddit?

Anyways, news roundup time cause a lot of shit came out today.

1. A Bipartisan bill is making it's way through the Senate to make the Mueller Report public. Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/28/politics/robert-mueller-report-bill-congress/index.html

2. Michel Cohen will be testifying behind closed doors to the House. Source: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/28/michael-cohen-testify-house-intel-next-week-1132798

3. State of the Union is back on.  Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/28/pelosi-invites-trump-to-hold-state-of-the-union-on-february-5.html

1 and 2 outta make Trump really nervous.

Ironbite-so much so that 3 might as well not exist.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #2825 on: January 28, 2019, 06:14:48 pm »
I decided to just bite the bullet and actually look at the_donald which I rarely since I have much better uses for my time.

Dug around and I have had my daily dose of cringe (I should post some of it in another thread here later) but the only relevant thread with enough comments was this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/akjz3g/donald_trump_just_called_fox_news_fake_news/

No drama in it, but apparently Fox News isn't right wing enough for them, Which is silly.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2826 on: January 28, 2019, 06:36:16 pm »
For FOX to be right-wing enough they'd at a bare minimum have to fire Shep Smith.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2827 on: January 28, 2019, 07:07:48 pm »
I'm pretty sure the Donald commenters only view Breitbart and info wars as the only true news.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2828 on: January 28, 2019, 10:55:33 pm »
So I saw a longer snippet of Sen. Bennet's speech ripping Sen. Cruz over his 2013 shutdown... going from where I left off here: http://forums.fstdt.net/index.php?topic=7463.msg323785#msg323785

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOEVLjnC3fI

Now, it's his business, not my business, why he supports a President who wants to erect a medieval barrier on the border of Texas, who wants to use eminent domain to build that wall, who wants to declare an unconstitutional emergency to build that wall, that's the business of the Senator from Texas. I can assure you that in Colorado, if a President said he was gonna use eminent domain to erect a barrier across the state of Colorado, across the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, he was gonna steal the property of our farmers and ranchers to build his medieval wall, there wouldn't be an elected leader from our state that would support that idea.

Which goes to my final point: how ludicrous it is that this government is shut down over a promise the President of the United States couldn't keep, and that America is not interested in having him keep. This idea that he was gonna build a medieval wall across the southern border of Texas, take it from the farmers and ranchers that were there, and have the Mexicans pay for it isn't true! That's why we're here.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2829 on: January 29, 2019, 04:00:48 am »
T_D is currently busy jerking off while discussing conspiracies that a justice of the supreme court of USA is already dead and that her death has been covered up:

Not in picture: Their other sexual fantasies of how Trump will get to appoint yet another right-winger to the court. Also completely missing in the subreddit: common decency.

EDIT: And this is what they have been reduced to when making fun of AOC. No joke, no pun just this.

I'm amazed at how scared they are of her. 50% of Trump-cult comments about her are screeching and insults and the other 50% are claims that they are not actually obsessed with her and that it's just the Democracts say so.

EDIT2: Turns out that Roger Stone showed up at T_D begging for money for his lawyers. They turned on him like they've turned on anyone who fails (except for Trump of course) but it also revealed something interesting. " stonedefensefund.com " the website where he is gathering money was registered in 2017. A day after he appeared in front of the House committee and seeing as one of the charges is lying to that committee it seems he knew then he was fucked and started preparing for the day when his lies would be uncovered.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:03:39 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2830 on: January 30, 2019, 05:26:42 pm »
https://www.salon.com/2019/01/29/gop-rejects-bill-to-give-back-pay-to-federal-contractors-wants-to-repeal-estate-tax-instead/

GOP Senators apparently consider it more important to give a huge tax break to less than 2,000 families than give federal contractors the back pay they missed while Trump had the US federal government shut down to try to get his vanity project.

None have signed onto Democratic efforts to guarantee said back pay, while they are attempting to repeal the estate tax, which impacts less than 2,000 families and would cause wealth inequality in the US to become even more severe, and would essentially be a huge giveaway to a few thousand people who did absolutely nothing other than be related to the right people, and in particular did nothing to earn that money--money that was earned because of public services like roads and electrical grids, protected by public services like fire departments, police departments and, more distantly, the military, and partly provided by people using public services like Social Security.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of Americans support ideas like that proposed by Rep. Ocasio-Cortez to raise the federal marginal tax rate on people making at least $10,000,000 per year to 60% or 70%. (As Warren Buffett noted, if marginal tax rates put you off from going into business, you'd be bad at business--or something similar; I'd have to look up his exact quote.)

The Prime Minister made much play last night with the rights of the individual and the dangers of people being ordered about by officials. I entirely agree that people should have the greatest freedom compatible with the freedom of others. There was a time when employers were free to work little children for sixteen hours a day. I remember when employers were free to employ sweated women workers on finishing trousers at a penny halfpenny a pair. There was a time when people were free to neglect sanitation so that thousands died of preventable diseases. For years every attempt to remedy these crying evils was blocked by the same plea of freedom for the individual. It was in fact freedom for the rich and slavery for the poor. Make no mistake, it has only been through the power of the State, given to it by Parliament, that the general public has been protected against the greed of ruthless profit-makers and property owners. The Conservative Party remains as always a class Party. In twenty-three years in the House of Commons, I cannot recall more than half a dozen from the ranks of the wage earners. It represents today, as in the past, the forces of property and privilege. The Labour Party is, in fact, the one Party which most nearly reflects in its representation and composition all the main streams which flow into the great river of our national life.

Right now I feel like I would have to change very little of Clement Attlee's quote to make it applicable to modern US politics.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #2831 on: January 30, 2019, 08:31:03 pm »
And they followed it up with Mitch McConnell standing up in front of the Senate and, I shit you not, insisting that the idea of giving federal workers the day off for Election Day is "a power grab by the Democrats".  He also claimed that the federal workers they've been repeatedly screwing over the last month or so would "stand over voters at the voting booth, making sure they vote correctly".

If they weren't leaning Dem before, they sure as shit are NOW...

https://twitter.com/TPMLiveWire/status/1090666102701592582

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2832 on: January 30, 2019, 09:39:49 pm »
Well, in fairness to the Turtle, that is an extremely uncharitable but not entirely inaccurate way of putting it, because the people who can't afford to take time off work to vote tend to be poorer and thus would benefit more from Democratic policies than Republican policies.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2833 on: January 31, 2019, 12:31:54 am »
I'm just saying that there's no good way to twist "letting people use their right to vote will hurt our party more than any other political group." 
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2834 on: January 31, 2019, 04:36:56 am »
I'm just saying that there's no good way to twist "letting people use their right to vote will hurt our party more than any other political group."

Except that, technically, there is no right to vote in America. There's a list of reasons they can't use to deny you the vote (and a few that they can), but no positive right.