Author Topic: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries  (Read 63341 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 11:23:48 pm »
Well, 'probably isn't shit' is hardly a ringing endorsement.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:48:45 pm by davedan »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 11:30:41 pm »
Well, 'probably isn't shit' is hardly a rining endorsement.

It is in this year's field of Republican candidates.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 11:12:52 am »
Well, 'probably isn't shit' is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Look at the damn field. It's as good as you're going to get.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 08:49:43 pm »
http://www.vox.com/2016/1/28/10864020/mike-huckabee-adele

The newest campaign ad by Mike Huckabee confirms what many have long suspected given his well documented record of comparing people and things to food.

...Huckabee's really, really hungry.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 04:46:12 am »
So Trump held his own rally 5 minutes from the debate and filled the building.  He also stated the money earned from it would be donated to a charity for veterans.  Funny how he didn't specify the charity.  I'll believe it when I see it.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 04:58:01 am »
What? *searches the web*

http://news.yahoo.com/trumps-fox-news-debate-fight-widens-republican-rift-011351079.html

Oh wow, he really did. I thought you were kidding. Well, 6 million dollars for veteran's ain't bad either but I am amused how Trump is making mockery of the Republicans this easily and turning even his childish tantrums into victories.

...Maybe he really is a smart guy? Either that or his campaign team is the best damn political campaign team in the world.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:01:11 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 07:27:23 am »
Yeah about that money.  It didn't go to a vetrens charity.  It went to the Donald's own non profit.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 09:42:19 am »
I was watching clips from the debate. Funny how relaxed and happy they all were, like coworkers gathered 'round the water cooler on a day the office bully called in sick.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 05:06:58 pm »
I am afraid that, despite or perhaps because he dissociated himself from the pack and did his own anti-establishment thing, The Donald looked stronger for it.

Der Neu-Fuhrer is only going to gain traction further with people who otherwise would believe Ted Cruz is the Anti-Establishment man for them. Because Cruz doesn't have the "strength" and "power" to create his own thing and stand apart from the mainstream clowns.

We're heading for a new period in American politics. Whether he's a stupid man who blundered into becoming a figurehead for fascist politics and figures running things in his campaign team, or if he's somehow secretly a malign genius psychopath who was running all this time to "test the waters" for when people are "ready" for someone like him and a movement like his.

Keep in mind, he didn't even deny having My New Order - just said that a Jewish friend gave it to him, followed by said friend denying he was Jewish.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 06:51:19 pm »
There are two things about this campaign that are wonderfuly.

1) Bill Clinton is reported to have called up his old buddy Don Trump to tell him there's an open field this year for the Republicans. Conspiracy theory: Bill was deliberately fucking with the elephants, just to say he did.

2) The Republican establishment haven't turned against Trump as hard as they could. The reason for this: they all, to a man, hate the shit out of Ted Cruz. They just hate him personally so, so much they're virtually fit to burst. So they have devoted a fair amount of their resources fucking with Cruz, to the benefit of Trump, because they'd rather Trump destroy their party than Ted lead it.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 07:21:17 pm »
Yeah, I've heard a really terrible story involving Bob Dole wherein Ted Cruz dashed Dole's hopes of getting a good UN treaty passed for "threatening the sovereignty of the United States". I don't agree with Dole's politics, but that was DISGUSTING, and a lot of Republicans think that was Cruz's Moral Event Horizon, to use a trope.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 08:00:16 pm »
Yeah, I've heard a really terrible story involving Bob Dole wherein Ted Cruz dashed Dole's hopes of getting a good UN treaty passed for "threatening the sovereignty of the United States". I don't agree with Dole's politics, but that was DISGUSTING, and a lot of Republicans think that was Cruz's Moral Event Horizon, to use a trope.

He's also, apparently, just an absolutely enormous asshole in person. His college roommate has been sharing some amazing stories.

But yeah, remember when Cruz held the pointless 'fillibuster' that didn't slow down the budget even one second just to get on TV? I do.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 08:07:33 pm »
I think his dad's book positing Ted as a savior just fully and completely both validated-in-his-mind and contributed to a Messiah Complex.

It would not surprise me if Cruz had a total breakdown if / when he loses, ranting that he is the Chosen One.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 08:13:58 pm »
I think his dad's book positing Ted as a savior just fully and completely both validated-in-his-mind and contributed to a Messiah Complex.

It would not surprise me if Cruz had a total breakdown if / when he loses, ranting that he is the Chosen One.

Nah, he's a cynic, not a true believer. Look at those eyes.

-FDR

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 09:16:39 pm »
Ted Cruz is everything the GOP hate.  An uppity minority who thinks he can sit with the big boys.

Ironbite-usually by pulling up his own chair.