Author Topic: Ferguson murder  (Read 72996 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Ferguson murder
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2014, 10:52:11 pm »
Amazing....treating people like people actually works!

Ironbite-just amazing how dumb these cops are.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 10:53:01 pm »
http://fox2now.com/2014/08/14/despite-reports-swat-team-helped-al-jazeera-reporters-did-not-take-their-equipment/

Well, this article came up. Sorry if I don't exactly trust the county police because I have yet to see the Al-Jazeera crew that this happened to make a statement.

EDIT: Oh, hey, Here's the first person account. Guess what he doesn't say the police did?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:56:49 pm by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2014, 10:54:48 pm »
I think the main problem is that the militarization of the police since 9/11 has led all too many cops to think of themselves as soldiers.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2014, 12:14:33 am »
I think the main problem is that the militarization of the police since 9/11 has led all too many cops to think of themselves as soldiers.
I'd imagine a number of things cause police brutality.
A big factor is definitely the widespread fear of the mentally ill, homeless, and minorities among cops.

Say, side topic, but one idea i really liked was to have all cops be required to wear a camera that would be constantly recording.
If there was ever a report of brutality someone could look over the tapes to see if what happened was justified.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2014, 01:14:34 am »
http://fox2now.com/2014/08/14/despite-reports-swat-team-helped-al-jazeera-reporters-did-not-take-their-equipment/

Well, this article came up. Sorry if I don't exactly trust the county police because I have yet to see the Al-Jazeera crew that this happened to make a statement.

EDIT: Oh, hey, Here's the first person account. Guess what he doesn't say the police did?

Yeah, the reporters themselves have called out the SWAT for their assault. The claim that it was an accident and that they were helping pack up the reporter's gear for them to evacuate is a Communist China-style obvious lie.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2014, 02:44:38 am »
So it's obviously just a police riot. Obviously none of the responsible will be punished, but perhaps some of the victims may escape legal repercussions.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2014, 11:32:06 am »
So it's obviously just a police riot. Obviously none of the responsible will be punished, but perhaps some of the victims may escape legal repercussions.

All of the victims have escaped any repercussions. Just because they arrest people doesn't mean they have any charges to file; the reporters were released almost immediately afterward. It was a scare tactic to try and force the journalists to stop covering their crimes, but unfortunately for them we're not enough of a cyberpunk dystopia that they can actually do that much to stop them. Nobody's getting disappeared in the night.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2014, 11:34:20 am »
What needs to happen is the county needs to pass the investigation to the state as they proved last night that they actually care, then both county and city need to be looked at, investigated and, ideally, replaced.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2014, 01:15:34 pm »
http://canonicalmomentum.tumblr.com/post/94719029772/stacksbreadup-fuck-respectability-politics

If these are true then the state troopers should take over the deskjobs from the local police in that town as well.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2014, 01:35:31 pm »
How far does the rot go?

Ironbite-also they released the name of the killer, a Derren Wilson.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2014, 01:39:02 pm »
Oh hey, the name doesn't match the leak, which is exactly why I was telling people to be 100% certain before they post the information.
Who needs a signature?

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2014, 05:04:36 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/turmoil-tear-gas-way-hope-ferguson-053336976.html

The robber took a box of Swisher Sweets Cigars valued at $48.99. The suspects were identified as 18-year-old Michael Brown and 22-year-old Dorian Johnson, according to the reports.

. . .

Johnson, Brown's friend, told investigators that Brown "did take cigarillos," his attorney, Freeman Bosley, told MSNBC. Bosley said he was aware of video but had not seen it.

And the comments are almost completely disgusting racist shit.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2014, 05:40:49 pm »
The cop still had know waking of knowing this and even if he did, you don't shoot a suspect.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2014, 05:59:39 pm »
And even if the shooting officer had known about it, what relevance is there to the case? It's innocent until proven guilty, not innocent until shot dead.
Who needs a signature?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2014, 06:05:50 pm »
Okay, so since this topic hasn't gotten much attention I'll post about everything that's been going on since.

* As you see in the video, cops fired on a peaceful protest with tear gas and rubber buckshot, and other photos show them with pepperball guns. No evidence that any actual live ammunition has been fired, though the cops have made spurious claims of the protesters shooting that are not backed up by any other evidence. A limited amount of looting and burning was done on the first night of the protests, and has not been repeated. Despite claims by the police of over a dozen cop cars being destroyed by rioters, there is likewise no evidence.

* The Huffington Post and Washington Post had reporters in a local McDonalds filming the action. The county police (the riot cop/SWAT guys) burst in to kick everyone out, then arrested the reporters for not moving fast enough. The St. Louis chief of police was called and had no idea this was going on. Apparently the riot cops were essentially acting with no higher authority to control them and were basically allowed to roam free and act out their wannabe soldier power trips.

* Al-Jazeera's reporters were shot with rubber buckshot and had a tear gas canister fired at them despite very obviously being the press (they had cameras and lights on tripods set up). The police came after driving them off and dismantled their gear. They later attempted to claim that the reporters were shot at by accident and the police hustled them into an APC for their safety and were just taking down their gear to help pack up. The reporters have called bullshit on them.

* This afternoon, the governor officially pulled the county police out and had them replaced with the state police, led by Capt. Johnson (a black man who grew up in the neighborhood), which included many black cops. Shockingly enough, treating the protesters like human beings and allowing them to peacefully address their grievances calmed everything down immediately.

* The protesters marched peacefully for the rest of the day and night, accompanied by regular uniformed police with no riot gear. Someone in the crowd was injured by a vehicle or fell ill and a police SUV took her to the hospital, with the New Black Panthers acting as impromptu traffic police. The St. Louis police chief arrived to meet with the protesters and take selfies.

* NYC and St. Louis held their own protests. The NYPD temporarily corralled the protesters and 4 people were arrested (including Jason Woody, one of the big Occupy protesters), but the rest were allowed to exit the area. A live streamer filming it attempted to stir up the crowd by screaming that the cops would arrest thousands, but everyone in the crowd told him to shut the fuck up.

tl;dr: County Police are the evil monsters we need protection from.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer