Author Topic: Defund Affordable Care Act Or We'll Shut Down Government  (Read 58476 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Defund Affordable Care Act Or We'll Shut Down Government
« Reply #345 on: October 18, 2013, 11:24:29 pm »
Eh, a bunch of old frilly white wig wearin' metrosexuals in tights...freaking deists....intellectual elitists, too.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #346 on: October 19, 2013, 02:47:59 am »
well regardless he is inelligble unless we amend the constitution

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #347 on: October 19, 2013, 03:23:16 am »
But if they change the law so that being a citizen is enough then Cruz is eligible but so is Schwarzenegger as well...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #348 on: October 19, 2013, 10:51:40 am »
Our constitution never changes (seriously the amount of amendments we have had are far less then other democracies

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #349 on: October 19, 2013, 11:21:23 am »
So true. Only 27 amendments in 235 or so years. It was well thought out and fought out to begin with, and the process for ratification is lengthy and extremely difficult.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #350 on: October 19, 2013, 11:30:42 am »

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #351 on: October 19, 2013, 02:07:25 pm »
It think Ted Cruz and his ilk are just delusional. They can't fathom they lost. They can't fathom that people don't have the same opinion. It's almost a year since both the electorate and the popular vote gave Obama his second term and they still can't get over it. They're too goddamn sure of themselves, and too good damn confidence in their (lack of) abilities.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #352 on: October 19, 2013, 02:52:25 pm »
It think Ted Cruz and his ilk are just delusional. They can't fathom they lost. They can't fathom that people don't have the same opinion. It's almost a year since both the electorate and the popular vote gave Obama his second term and they still can't get over it. They're too goddamn sure of themselves, and too good damn confidence in their (lack of) abilities.

They've never been democratic in the first place. They talk all they want about how The People Have Spoken (TM) and how democracy is failing because they're not getting what they want, but they don't give two shits about actual democracy. They just want themselves and their friends to stay in power and get what they want. They're about as democratic as the DPRK, just with less assassinations.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.