Author Topic: Man shoots black kid cops do nothing  (Read 91069 times)

QueenofHearts

Re: White guy shoots black kid cops do nothing
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 12:15:34 pm »
with the doctrine even this is pushing t as the kid was not on his property and it was not a formal neighborhood watch

Not to mention Zimmerman called up the police, made racial remarks, and was told not to pursue Martin (whose sole suspicion was the color of his skin). Zimmerman than followed Martin, with a gun, and more than likely (from our limited understanding of the event and the two people) instigated an altercation which resulted in Martin being murdered.

Even if we accept that this lacks the pre-meditation for 1st degree murder, these events would certainly fall under 2nd or 3rd degree murder under Florida law.

For the life of me, I don't see any way that the castle doctrine could even apply to these events.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 01:37:42 pm »
with the doctrine even this is pushing t as the kid was not on his property and it was not a formal neighborhood watch

Not to mention Zimmerman called up the police, made racial remarks, and was told not to pursue Martin (whose sole suspicion was the color of his skin). Zimmerman than followed Martin, with a gun, and more than likely (from our limited understanding of the event and the two people) instigated an altercation which resulted in Martin being murdered.

Even if we accept that this lacks the pre-meditation for 1st degree murder, these events would certainly fall under 2nd or 3rd degree murder under Florida law.

For the life of me, I don't see any way that the castle doctrine could even apply to these events.
Probably cause he's white?

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 01:54:13 pm »

As I said above, I agree. I really cannot what is going on here (other than the issue of race)
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 05:31:14 pm »
Here's the thing: he should be going to trial right now. Even if it truly was self-defense, it's up to the courts to say if he was guilty of murder, not the police, and the fact that he hasn't been arrested yet is very suspicious.

Yes it is.  So far the district attorney has not brought charges and they wont unless then think they can get a conviction.  With no witnesses and the fact that there was an altercation I doubt they would.

Exactly. Conviction is assured. He's admitted to killing the guy and there are no witnesses for him to use to prove self-defence. So he's fucked.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 07:09:17 pm »
He was a skinny, 17-year-old black kid minding his own business.  If that's not grounds for murder in the South, what is?
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 07:36:15 pm »
Here's the thing: he should be going to trial right now. Even if it truly was self-defense, it's up to the courts to say if he was guilty of murder, not the police, and the fact that he hasn't been arrested yet is very suspicious.

Yes it is.  So far the district attorney has not brought charges and they wont unless then think they can get a conviction.  With no witnesses and the fact that there was an altercation I doubt they would.   

You do not need witnesses. Not even for murder charges. Plenty of people are convicted without eyewitness testimony.
-A Pen Name

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 07:46:57 pm »
The police initially told Martin’s family that Zimmerman said he acted in self-defense...

He obviously had to defend himself from a black kid walking down the street who was threatining his life by being black. ::)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 08:29:35 pm »
The police initially told Martin’s family that Zimmerman said he acted in self-defense...

He obviously had to defend himself from a black kid walking down the street who was threatining his life by being black. ::)
He was almost 100 pounds less then him

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 08:55:05 pm »
Lets agree the cops are racist.

How so?

I really hope you're not being serious.

Assuming you are, do you think for a minute that if a 28 year old black man with an arrest record shot a 140 pound white child in the chest (armed only with skittles and arizona iced tea) that the cops would let him go?
Just because the guy went free doesn't mean the cops are racist. At least not until you have more to go on. He could be some cop's friend, or the cops could be getting paid off...Racism is a charge that's flung too easily on everything.
Now the guy that did this, possibly. He could also just hate everyone that looks like a punk.
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 09:47:16 pm »
In my state in Australia, which is frankly one of the most backward, you cannot use force likely to cause death or Greivous Bodily Harm in self defence unless you are in genuine fear for your life. I suspect the law is the same in Florida. Otherwise it is the Southpark Scenario of yelling, 'he's coming right for us' before shooting whoever you like.

Aside from that, I am absolutely fucking amazed that the Police even mentioned two things:

First - that they respect his background

Second - that his record is squeaky clean.

Neither are in anyway relevant to whether this event was a crime or whether a charge should be laid. Neither would be admissable in a trial.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 09:48:53 pm »

How so?

Assuming you are, do you think for a minute that if a 28 year old black man with an arrest record shot a 140 pound white child in the chest (armed only with skittles and arizona iced tea) that the cops would let him go?
Just because the guy went free doesn't mean the cops are racist. At least not until you have more to go on. He could be some cop's friend, or the cops could be getting paid off...Racism is a charge that's flung too easily on everything.
Now the guy that did this, possibly. He could also just hate everyone that looks like a punk.

I read somewhere that Zimmerman might have been a police informant. So there's that.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 10:07:53 pm »

How so?

The phone conversatons pretty much say kid is suspisicous since he's black

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 10:43:54 pm »

How so?

The phone conversatons pretty much say kid is suspisicous since he's black

This. They claimed he "walked" suspiciously which given historical connotations, meant he walked with a black jive. So again, the kid was targeted for being black. Also as queenofhearts put it:

There has been other incidences where polices ignored a murder because the murderer was white, in similar fashion to this murder.

Also, the kid doesn't really look like a punk. So, yeah I wouldn't say the shooter targeted him for looking a like a punk.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:47:18 pm by gyeonghwa »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 10:45:29 pm »
Let me say this even if this kid did something bad then the cops must take care of everything vigilanteism/lynching is a step above anarchy

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 10:53:27 pm »
I appear to have quoted Queenofhearts twice.  :-[
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)