Author Topic: Christian News Network fundie - WorldGoneCrazy  (Read 7467 times)

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
Re: Christian News Network fundie - WorldGoneCrazy
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 07:41:19 pm »
Also used on various other online communities.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
Re: Christian News Network fundie - WorldGoneCrazy
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2015, 09:48:22 pm »
This guy's seriously got issues.  He's gone completely apoplectic over this Kim Davis thing.

A few of his bon mots (I will make his comments an unfortunate shade of brown, mine will be green)

Her beliefs may not trump the law, but her religious freedom IS guaranteed. If we must have foot baths in airports for Muslims, how come she cannot keep her job and her religious freedom? It is easy for atheists to give up the religious freedoms of Christians.

It is simply not true that her religious freedom must be set aside if she offends or inconveniences someone. Accommodations can be made for all. What this judge has said is that a true Christian cannot hold this sort of job - which is anathema to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers intent too, I might add.

I think that, like the gay cakes and flowers and all, this is really going to backfire on gay advocates. They have always claimed to be the "tolerant" ones, but death threats and jail time do not sound very "tolerant" to me. I think that is why you are seeing, on this page, a lot of reluctance on gay advocates to celebrate this - and this to their credit. They have always claimed their movement is not heavy-handed, that is wasn't about forcing people to affirm their beliefs, which is laughable just with the florist in Washington case, and now even they are getting creeped out by this.

It's not good for gays and not good for America.

Another one...he's got a problem understanding "religious freedom".

"Kim doesn't get religious freedom. " - atheist

I'm just laughing my head off here. :-) Her beliefs are sincerely held and completely in line with 2000 years of Christian orthodoxy and orthopraxy. You are the one who just...does...not...get...it.

It is clear that you either did not read my post or are incapable of understanding it. But, it is YOU who does not get religious freedom. And it is going to backfire on the wrong people. Which is why they are silent on this story. They have claimed there is no Gaystapo, and now the evidence is too clear for even them to deny it.

"They are beliefs. They have nothing to do with the law. "

What you keep forgetting is that the law includes religious freedoms, which are clearly based on religious beliefs. Remember the foot baths? :-)

"No matter how sincerely she holds them it doesn't give her the right to force them on those who DON'T follow them"

She never forced her beliefs on anyone. The gays who want to marry are free to believe in Baal if they want to.

But, speaking of force, she was forced into jail. Doesn't that creep you out the least?!? Really?!? The main gay advocate players are not on this page tonight for that very reason. They have finally been creeped out - they don't want to have to argue that there is no Gaystapo now that someone has been jailed.

"Your rant about the Gaystapo was cute, but ultimately irrelevant to the issue here."

Not at all. It shows the lengths to which you folks will go to force your beliefs on us. All in the name of "tolerance." Pity you are one of the very few to recognize this.

"Your religious freedoms don't extend to telling other people what they can or can't do. "

My religious freedoms place limits on what I can do. I should not be fired or jailed for my religious freedoms, which are Constitutionally protected. It would seem you like the Constitution when it can be used to invent "rights" out of thin air, but dislike it when those rights are clearly spelled out. That seems backwards.

"Oh, WHAT are you talking about? Yes, she DID! She denied several gay and lesbian couples their RIGHT to get married. Over and over!"

Nope, she never once forced them to believe in traditional marriage.

"Why should it bother me that someone who broke the law went to jail? What else do you expect?"

Thank you for admitting to me where you would have been when Dr. MLK, Jr went to jail. :-)

I asked him:

Ask yourself if you'd be supporting a Muslim county clerk in the United States who refused to issue a marriage certificate to a woman who wasn't wearing a hijab. If the answer is "no," then you're not fighting for religious freedom. Instead, you're a hypocrite and a bigot who is fighting for Christian privilege.

His response:

A better analogy would be this: Suppose the county clerk had to sign a marriage certificate that read "I spit on Allah and urinate on Mohammed." I would 100% support the Muslim declining that - and so would you. And that is what you are asking the Christian to do - sign a document that spits on Jesus.

"bigot"

Can't you hateful, intolerant, Christ-phobes come up with something new?!? Go burn down a church tonight like you did last night or vandalize Chik-Fil-A.

Me:

Are you seriously telling me that's a GOOD analogy? We're talking about a marriage license. It doesn't spit or urinate on anyone, it unites two people in love. If your religion teaches you that they are the same thing, no wonder there are so many people out there annoyed at you.

Him:

"Are you seriously telling me that's a GOOD analogy? "

Yes!

"It doesn't spit or urinate on anyone"

A gay "marriage" certificate spits on the Christian God, it spits on the Jewish God, and it spits on Allah - yes it does! #LogicWins :-)

"no wonder there are so many people out there annoyed at you."

Oh, they are more than "annoyed," Christ-phobe: they are foaming at the mouth rabid with death threats and praising the Gaystapo state police. :-)

And I ended here (for now):

"A gay "marriage" certificate spits on the Christian God, it spits on the Jewish God, and it spits on Allah - yes it does! #LogicWins :-)"

And where in the law are we bound by what hurts the feelings of the Christian or Jewish God? Logic - really? Once again you seem to make no distinction between what would be a law in your fundamentalist church and what is the law in a county court.

"Oh, they are more than "annoyed," Christ-phobe: they are foaming at the mouth rabid with death threats and praising the Gaystapo state police. :-)"

And there we have it. You are demanding a Christian theocracy where we are ruled by your narrow understanding of the Bible. What a shame the rest of us live in the real world.
"It ain't supposed to make sense -  it's faith.  Faith is something that you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe."  - Archie Bunker