Author Topic: Ryan: Blame Obama For High Gas  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Ryan: Blame Obama For High Gas
« on: September 09, 2012, 12:03:44 pm »
That's right, kids. Because we all know in an election year with a tight race, the incumbent will just be giddy about people getting gouged at the pump.

http://news.yahoo.com/obamas-gone-great-lengths-keep-gas-prices-high-021120882--abc-news-politics.html
SAN RAMON, Calif. - Paul Ryan said today the president has gone to "great lengths" to make gas more expensive in this country.

The vice presidential candidate visited Google headquarters in Montainview to hold a Google+ Hangout where he took questions from supporters at campaign offices all over the country, including a question from a senior citizen in Florida named Ruth. She asked him how he was going to "improve the situation" of sky high gas prices.

"This is not just something that squeezes family budgets, it squeezes businesses," Ryan answered. "It also gives us a bad foreign policy in that we are so dependent on other countries for our oil imports, it's the biggest part of our trade deficit and so what's frustrating about the Obama administration's policies are they've gone to great lengths to make oil and gas more expensive."

The House Budget Chairman told the questioner not to "forget" that President Obama "tried to grant, jam through congress, a national energy tax designed to make energy more expensive."

"Don't forget the fact that he has tried lots of things to try and prevent drilling for natural gas and oil on public lands," Ryan said. "Lets not forget the fact that the regulations coming out of the EPA are making it harder for us to harness home grown American energy."

Ya, never mind that domestic oil drilling is at an ALL TIME HIGH. Can't let the facts get in the way of a good story, can you, Pauly?
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
Re: Ryan: Blame Obama For High Gas
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 12:28:32 pm »
OIL PRICES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!  GOOD NIGHT! </Morbo>

But seriously, the fact that a presidential administration doesn't have that much control over oil prices won't keep politicians from telling the same shopworn lies over and over again.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 12:51:35 pm »
Oh great, this shit again...

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 12:55:59 pm »
Folks, this is the same guy who used optional grant money via the Affordable Care Act for health clinics that have family planning as a service while running with a tea party agenda. Ryan has been giving Romney a run for his money in the lying department.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 12:57:38 pm »
Jesus fuck the lies.  I was wondering when this one would pop up.  Didn't this show up when Bush was in office and people of Ryan's ilk were saying that we can't blame the president for the high gas prices?

Ironbite-glad to see Ryan be as hypocritical as possible.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 07:09:04 pm »
Obama is trying to make your life worse. Is he some sort of Kenyan/Marxist/Nazi?

And people believe this.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 08:31:47 pm »
Ryan: "Obama also responsible for tendency of gases to expand".
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought