Author Topic: Rep. Todd Akin to Debate Bill Nye?  (Read 1651 times)

Offline tempus

• Bishop
Rep. Todd Akin to Debate Bill Nye?
« on: September 08, 2012, 07:50:37 pm »
Thinking that Nye's satirical comments were real, he's (supposedly) offered to debate him at the Museum of Creation in Kentucky:

http://www.examiner.com/article/todd-akin-accepts-bill-nye-the-science-guy-s-challenge

“This name calling by Bill just shows his true colors.That’s how all these atheists are. They anger god with their gays in the military, lesbians on the Supreme Court, all this promiscuity in Hollywood and in music and on the streets. Then we have this guy Bill Nye going around saying we can’t teach the word of god to our children! Of course this angers god and that is what is causing these hurricanes. Bill Nye said any place, any time. Well I’m naming the Creation Museum in Kentucky, September 15th at noon sharp. I’ll be there to debate real, legitimate science. We’ll see if Bill has the guts to show up."

Assuming this is real...I hope this is real.  I want to see this so much.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:54:52 pm by tempus »
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Saturn500

Re: Rep. Todd Akin to Debate Bill Nye?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 07:59:30 pm »
Quote from: Todd Akin
I'm a dick and I'm digging a hole! Diggy diggy hole...

Pretty much sums up his life right now.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 08:07:06 pm »
This is a blood bath in the making, if it comes too, they should make this a pay per view event.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 08:12:17 pm »
>2012
>Republicans still talking about creationism as if it is scientific fact and not merely Protestant heresy

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of things I like about living in the USA, but this is not one of them.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 08:41:24 pm »
"God is angry" is just an excuse to exercise hateful policies, because apparently such petty things would anger a deity.

God is always angry when the psychopathic fundamentalist Republicans like Todd Akin want Him to be.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 09:06:16 pm »
I hate to be a "Debbie Downer" but I'm gonna point to my signature on this one - "Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous"  If a debate does indeed happen, I'm calling it now that this will be the outcome.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 11:38:24 pm »
Wait...is this real? Because we just had a phony Todd Akin quote on the mainpage that had to be deleted.

EDIT: This is another fake. Kinda thought so. The Examiner article links to a site called "Super Official News" and the story is listed as coming from the "Ass Press". That article links to "The Daily Currant" which created the first bogus Akin quote about breast milk curing homosexuality.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 01:40:45 am »
Aaawwww man that would have been a bloodbath worthy of Khorne.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 11:49:22 am »
There is something wrong with society when it's gotten hard to tell what is satire, and what is not. Due to the fact that the GOP has put their foot in their mouths so many times.