Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 139555 times)

Offline SheChire

• Neonate
  • No pickles!
Re: TV Shows
« Reply #600 on: May 19, 2017, 11:42:15 am »
So, who else is binging new season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? Fey seriously went overboard this time, it`s a fucking live action family guy at this point and we`re loving it with Matt.  ;D
Now with 15% more pills!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #601 on: July 16, 2017, 03:22:28 pm »
Fanboys are upset that The BBC cast a woman to play The Doctor. I wish I could say I was surprised.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #602 on: July 16, 2017, 03:41:35 pm »
Yeah, the crybabies complaining about mean old women stealing shows from men are as predictable as they are disappointing.

In another not-a-surprise GG and Trump fans are among the complainers. Because of course they are.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #603 on: July 16, 2017, 05:08:12 pm »
Not Agatha Freeman?  NO DICE BBC!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #604 on: July 16, 2017, 06:37:52 pm »
Fanboys are upset that The BBC cast a woman to play The Doctor. I wish I could say I was surprised.

Let's not forget that the same people got mad that a black man dare play a storm-trooper. Never mind that the show explained it by saying the First Order moved away from clones, opting to impress children into its army. But, fragile white-boys will cry about anything.*

*And before Lana cries, I'm using fragile as a qualifier for white boys, in contrast to confident white boys who are not threatened by women and black people.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #605 on: July 16, 2017, 09:06:02 pm »
Know what's pretty great? My twitter is blowing up with support for the new Doctor. Goes to show that people who actually watch the show like this change. They're mostly disappointed that the Doctor is not also a ginger or a POC, though.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #606 on: July 16, 2017, 09:40:27 pm »
Know what's pretty great? My twitter is blowing up with support for the new Doctor. Goes to show that people who actually watch the show like this change. They're mostly disappointed that the Doctor is not also a ginger or a POC, though.

Or a ginger of colour.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #607 on: July 16, 2017, 10:11:13 pm »

Let's not forget that the same people got mad that a black man dare play a storm-trooper. Never mind that the show explained it by saying the First Order moved away from clones, opting to impress children into its army. But, fragile white-boys will cry about anything.*

*And before Lana cries, I'm using fragile as a qualifier for white boys, in contrast to confident white boys who are not threatened by women and black people.

Pretty sure Lana is gone.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #608 on: July 16, 2017, 10:14:17 pm »

Or a ginger of colour.

Otherwise known as a chocolate orange (or Orange of Chocolate (OoC), if you want the Tumblr-approved version).

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #609 on: July 17, 2017, 03:05:12 am »

That could pretty much just mean that you follow liberal Twitter people, honestly. Though all of my Doctor Who-fan friends seem to enjoy the idea too, even the conservative-leaning ones.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #610 on: July 17, 2017, 05:02:41 am »
Yeah, my twitter is pretty liberal.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #611 on: July 17, 2017, 09:32:19 pm »
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/07/appease-male-fans-doctor-announces-every-dalek-will-visible-penis/

After severe backlash from male fans following the casting of Jodie Whittaker as the first-ever female Doctor, the producers of Doctor Who have announced that every single Dalek in the new series will have a penis and testicles visible at all times.

“We thought people would be excited by Jodie because she’s such an accomplished actress,” said showrunner Chris Chibnall. “But the fans have spoken: good sci-fi needs dicks and balls, apparently.”

Daleks are one of the main villains of the Doctor Who universe, first appearing in 1963. While the show creators never explicitly stated the sex of the small mutants, the addition of male anatomy to their heads has been met with excitement.

“I was angry because a female Doctor made no sense. I mean, how am I supposed to connect emotionally to a non-male character?” said longtime fan Curtis Mayflower. “But with this change, the belligerent creatures who display inexplicable fear of and rage towards the Doctor are now strangely relatable.”

However, others see in these penises another push for unnecessary inclusiveness.

“Oh sure, you think the show runners are standing up for tradition,” said longtime fan Kyle Marcus. “But one of those Daleks had a black penis. We all know Daleks are white. It’s canon!”

This is reminiscent of male outrage over Ghostbusters, which lead to the release of an alternate cut where Slimer is fully erect for the entire film.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #612 on: August 03, 2017, 10:18:40 pm »
I love me some Investigation Discovery - just watched Deadly Sins last night, and I'll try and watch some more tonight. I'll cop to a morgue fascination with these kinds of things - I really enjoy reading about and listening to accounts of what certain killers did, why they did it, and lurid and often sexual details.

I will say Jared Remy in Deadly Sins' re-enactment is significantly better looking than the real version.

Likewise with Sheila LaBarre - while they did leave out some of the more horrifying details, the actress herself was both mind bogglingly beautiful and totally horrifying. Very good performance.

I must say I enjoy the sexed up depictions. There is a certain forbidden allure to it - you're not supposed to sex up murderers, serial killers and sociopaths...which is what makes it so very alluring and sometimes downright arousing to watch, for a sociopath.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 10:25:01 pm by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

pyro

« Reply #613 on: August 03, 2017, 11:50:40 pm »
Hasn't The Doctor already respawned as a woman? I remember something about the companion being straight, female, and disappointed as a result.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #614 on: August 05, 2017, 03:13:51 pm »
Oh hai there Voltron Season 3.  Where'd you come from?

Ironbite-and you're giving us such awesome backstory on EVERYTHING too!