Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387479 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2017, 03:15:14 pm »
Yeah I have a feeling the next 4 years is gonna be fun.

Ironbite-*drinks*

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #271 on: January 04, 2017, 11:50:28 pm »
The Senate just voted to repeal ACA with no alternative to replace it. Two reactions:

1: So it begins.

2: FUCK THE REPUBLICANS.
Who needs a signature?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #272 on: January 05, 2017, 12:10:08 am »
WOOT!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #273 on: January 05, 2017, 01:42:02 am »
Honestly I just completely hate the rural whites and those that delivered power to these utter greedy pigs.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:10:39 am by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #274 on: January 05, 2017, 05:50:23 am »
Don't forget that to repeal the ACA they had to amend legislation to exempt legislation that would repeal other legislation from statutory limits on deficit increases... in effect, they're admitting that the ACA saves the federal government money. (Or at least that it brings in a significant chunk of tax revenue between the penalty for not having insurance and the tax on high-income earners--I believe the threshold is $3,700,000--that helps fund the subsidies.)

The GOP: Party of Fiscal Responsibility.

(Related fact: The last Republican president to have a balanced budget at any time during his term was Nixon. The last one to end his time in office with a balanced budget was Eisenhower.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:52:37 am by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #275 on: January 05, 2017, 03:23:52 pm »
Anyone that actually pays attention to politics could have told you that "fiscal responsibility" is nothing more than a smokescreen. The problem is that enough of this country believes the lie to allow the Republicans to literally kill people through negligence.
Who needs a signature?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #276 on: January 05, 2017, 07:00:31 pm »
Anyone that actually pays attention to politics could have told you that "fiscal responsibility" is nothing more than a smokescreen. The problem is that enough of this country believes the lie to allow the Republicans to literally kill people through negligence.

Just disregard that Republicans over the last forty years exploded the deficit, and Democrats have run surpluses and reduced it by 2/3. That's just liberal propaganda.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #277 on: January 05, 2017, 08:09:12 pm »
My current favourite "fiscally responsible" Republican policy is how New York City is having to spend, and is going to have to spend, shitloads of money to secure Trump Tower since Trump isn't going to move into the White House full-time, never mind the economic harm those measures are probably causing because of traffic rerouting and such.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #278 on: January 05, 2017, 09:03:42 pm »
The cynic in me suspects it might be a conscious "insurance" against Democrat legislators proposing anything that might resemble left wing social institutions in the future. They break the bank into itty bitty pieces so that there's no funds left by the time the Dems take the reins again. Therefore no godless "safety net" or heathen "scientific research" to bother them with horrid facts.

Hell, they're spiteful and venal enough.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 09:09:35 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #279 on: January 06, 2017, 11:32:11 am »
Remember that wall that Mexico was somehow going to pay for.
Yeah it turns out the tax payers are going to pay for it and Mexico will somehow reimburse us later on it.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/politics/border-wall-house-republicans-donald-trump-taxpayers/index.html
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #280 on: January 06, 2017, 05:24:42 pm »
NOt sure how they'll do that but it'll be yuge.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #281 on: January 06, 2017, 06:42:39 pm »
Trump wants a GOP controlled congress to approve funds for the single biggest public works project in American history, and he wants to cut taxes to the bone. Money, how the fuck does that work?

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #282 on: January 06, 2017, 06:44:05 pm »
I honestly believe that we're seeing two things with the direction the government is going; the start of a new Great Depression and the opening moves of another World War.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #283 on: January 06, 2017, 07:08:17 pm »
This is the Republican congress were talking about as well. The we don't want to spend money on anything congress especially infrastructure. How he's going to get them to approve of a 8 to 12 billion dollar project is beyond me. And his jerk off fantasy of getting Mexico to pay for it? No, you know what? Build the wall using our taxes, do it so you can see how Mexico isn't going to pay for something they never wanted in the first place.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #284 on: January 06, 2017, 09:58:15 pm »
Borrow money from China, who Trump is hell bent on pissing off?
Raise taxes on the wearied remains of Americas middle class? His TEA party nuts will love that!
Do nothing but blame Hillary, Obama, Jews, Hollywood, ISIS, Feminists, Mexico, Hipsters, Saturday Night Live and/or climate scientists?

What are his options?