Author Topic: US border patrol: We'd rather have undocumented immigrants die  (Read 1756 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
US border patrol: We'd rather have undocumented immigrants die
« on: January 28, 2018, 06:52:50 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/22/arrest-no-more-deaths-border-patrol-water-sabotage-migrants

A member of a group called No More Deaths has been arrested for giving food, water and clothing to undocumented immigrants.

The arrest came hours after the group posted videos of a border guard dumping out bottles of water that the group leaves out in the Arizona desert so that people attempting to cross do not die of dehydration in the attempt. No More Deaths takes no position on whether the crossing is successful or not, only that, wherever those attempting end up, in the US or back in their home country, they are still alive.

So there is now a crackdown on people trying to help undocumented immigrants in the US.

And who's next?

Priests.

Many priests will give shelter to people facing deportation, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see immigration officials raiding churches and rectories to round up those being sheltered there and arresting those giving the shelter, namely, the priests and pastors of those churches--people who are trying to live what they consider the values of their religion.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: US border patrol: We'd rather have undocumented immigrants die
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 07:19:20 pm »
We have fallen so far as a country in the past year.  I have no idea where we go from here.

Ironbite-just disgusting.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 08:33:41 pm »
Labor camps?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 09:50:43 pm »
Well, at least they're consistent in their utter hatred of undocumented immigrants.  Like, dude, I get that what they're doing is against the law, and asinine as the law might be, there ought to be a punishment for it...I just don't think death is quite appropriate for what amounts to hopping your neighbour's fence.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 10:01:59 pm »
Well, at least they're consistent in their utter hatred of undocumented immigrants.  Like, dude, I get that what they're doing is against the law, and asinine as the law might be, there ought to be a punishment for it...I just don't think death is quite appropriate for what amounts to hopping your neighbour's fence.

DAMN WETBACKS, GET OFF MAH LAWN! (cocks rifle, fires)
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 01:22:16 am »
They're trying to combine border security with ICE - aka, Trump's wannabe SS.

Check out Thomas Homan, aka, dimestore Heinrich Himmler, who looks in most pictures like he is dying to get some vacation time to go poke around Tibet.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 01:52:15 am »
Honestly, this seems like a golden opportunity for border patrol. Get one of their guys to join this group and find out exactly where these food and water drops are. Boom, you know exactly where to nab the next lot of aspiring illegals.
Many priests will give shelter to people facing deportation, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see immigration officials raiding churches and rectories to round up those being sheltered there and arresting those giving the shelter, namely, the priests and pastors of those churches--people who are trying to live what they consider the values of their religion.
I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting to happen. Are you arguing that churches should be off limits for law enforcement, or that they shouldn't be enforcing the law at all?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 02:27:34 am »
I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting to happen. Are you arguing that churches should be off limits for law enforcement, or that they shouldn't be enforcing the law at all?

Oh, neither. I was just saying who I think the next targets will be.

That, and pointing out that it's not just the crazy lefties who want to force Christian bakeries to make gay wedding cakes who are (supposedly) willing to trample all over religious freedom in favour of secular law.

EDIT: To quote St. Augustine, Lex iniusta non est lex.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:29:09 am by dpareja »

Offline Dappler

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 03:26:21 am »
We have fallen so far as a country in the past year.  I have no idea where we go from here.

Ironbite-just disgusting.
C. S. Lewis: The Last Battle --- Farther up and farther in!

Can't remember if it was farther or further. Haven't read it in 30 years.

But of course instead of Aslan saying it, and it being weirder than the Apocalypse according to John, it's FOX 'news' saying it, and we're talking about Trump's anus.