Author Topic: Song Ideas  (Read 4450 times)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
Song Ideas
« on: May 04, 2012, 11:41:49 pm »
Okay many of you can tell I am a rock piano player but im also the lead singer/writer for my band and I have major writers block when it comes to songs so can you guys like help me write a new song. Also no love songs I can not stress this enough the market is filled with them my band doesn't need to write a new one

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
Re: Song Ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 08:58:22 am »
Can you be a little more specific as to what aspect of songwriting you need help on?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 10:26:10 am »
Lyrics.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 02:02:13 pm »
Don't know if this will help - but one Method to get unstuck would be to pick a topic you feel passionate about - then go to a quote site... (this one - http://www.brainyquote.com/ - is a good general quote site)

So I'm going to pick 'Atheism' for the fun of it...  http://listverse.com/2007/12/07/top-15-quotes-by-famous-atheists/
Here are the quotes...

1. Creationists make it sound like a ‘theory’ is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night — Isaac Asimov
2. I don’t believe in God. My god is patriotism. Teach a man to be a good citizen and you have solved the problem of life. — Andrew Carnegie
3. All thinking men are atheists. — Ernest Hemingway
4. Lighthouses are more helpful then churches. — Benjamin Franklin
5. Faith means not wanting to know what is true. — Friedrich Nietzsch
6. The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. — George Bernard Shaw
7. Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile. — Kurt Vonnegut
8. I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. — Frank Lloyd Wright
9. Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot
10. A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. — Samuel Clemens
11. The whole thing is so patently infantile, so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a friendly attitude to humanity it is painful to think that the great majority of mortals will never be able to rise above this view of life. — Sigmund Freud
12. Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon
13. The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church. — Ferdinand Magellan
14. Not only is there no god, but try getting a plumber on weekends. — Woody Allen
15. It’s an incredible con job when you think about it, to believe something now in exchange for something after death. Even corporations with their reward systems don’t try to make it posthumous. — Gloria Steinem

I'm going to pick #4 - 4. Lighthouses are more helpful then churches. — Benjamin Franklin - because that kinda has a ring to it that I can imagine singing about and I know Ben F wont mind me using it (ie - not copyrighted as part of another song)

This quote is about guidance - something churches are always big on offering in a broad brush sense (ie abortion is bad, God is the highest authority in your life...etc) but never take into account the various HUMAN aspects of following that law and how it could be beneficial for one person and devastating for another - or how some people may take advantage of those rules to get power for themselves.   Now, I don't want to broad brush that all religion is bad but only point out (using our chosen quote as an analogy) that when one follows the light of the church one can be blindly lead into destruction and it's better to follow reason and reality rather than blind faith and devotion...

if that has Jarred you into action then stop here - but I'm having fun so I'm going to keep going...

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 02:03:46 pm by Kristine »

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 03:01:42 pm »
A complete retelling of the Mahabarata, only the Kauravas attempt to win with fart-powered weaponry and the Pandavas are replaced by the Avengers.

Hey, it's an idea, and it's not a love song.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 03:51:44 pm »
Next I would try to find more inspiration from news stories or other thoughts...blogs, poetry...etc.
http://www.salon.com/writer/mikki_kendall/  - which has been accused by prolifers as being made up (http://www.webpronews.com/bloggers-abortion-article-sparks-controversy-2011-06) still makes a good story to include

- so lets start our song with a title
Jesus Said 'I am the light...' but a lighthouse light warns ships AWAY from the rocks so lets give it a working tittle of  - "Following the light"

...and lets start out with a line that grabs and shakes the listener - now i should warn you that I'm big on short and sweet lines and open verse but I know songs work better when they rhyme so I'm going to do my best... and use this site - http://www.rhymezone.com/  - starting the rough draft...

"Following the Light"

Mikki started bleeding
at the 22nd week
She started pleading
but the outlook, it was bleak
but on belief they stood
She trusted they would care
and do everything they could
but they gave her only prayer

Now the chorus - This is, of course, the most important part, that should (IMO) sum up what the songs about and should encompass the feeling of all the verses...

Will the rules ring true
When the victim is you?
Will the Pius fight make you safe & free?
Following the light,
with that your only sight,
may be the lighthouse ray
Warning you away
trust in reason will be the only key...

(okay, okay, doesn't really scan - but I'm not a singer and this is a 1st draft  :P)

NEXT Verse -  http://blogs.alternet.org/cityofangelsonalternet/2010/04/26/two-infamous-pedophile-priest-perps-move-in-near-children-one-under-assumed-name-in-holland-one-fresh-out-of-prison-in-texas/

Father Oliver was trusted
The parish children didn't know
That in his heart he lusted
and the seeds of pain that he would sow
He had been moved from town to town
promising his life would be turned
but he always let them down
his inclinations not unlearned

(chorus)
Next verse... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/waymon-hudson/american-evangelical-lou_b_560819.html

Lou did not understand
love for 2 of the same
speaking in a foreign land
said they should take the blame
He said he heard The Call
and he pleaded to the sky
That hell would take them all
through law that they must die

(chorus)

so - hows that - getting any ideas?  alter as needed - I'm a pretty open source as these things go lol  8) ;D

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 08:14:41 pm »
Write about farts.

Broccoli, beans, cabbage and lactose

Eat them and make music coming from your butthole.

Methane, CO2, Oxygen, & Nitrogen,

Let it out, hold a match and watch it lightrogen.

Everyone farts there's no need to feel shame, let everyone hear you whether rough or tame.

It's all a part of nature!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:17:32 pm by Lexikon »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 01:37:18 am »

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 10:16:25 am »
I recently had an idea for a song, which is odd, as I'm not a songwriter. The song is about the basic idea that change, even chaos, is good for the world. Here's the chorus that I had figured out:

So let chaos reign
Let the change come on
And when the dust settles
We'll see a brand new dawn

Let chaos reign
Just you wait and see
We'll ride the winds of chaos
To our destiny
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 11:57:30 am »
I recently had an idea for a song, which is odd, as I'm not a songwriter. The song is about the basic idea that change, even chaos, is good for the world. Here's the chorus that I had figured out:

So let chaos reign
Let the change come on
And when the dust settles
We'll see a brand new dawn

Let chaos reign
Just you wait and see
We'll ride the winds of chaos
To our destiny

If you can do a post-metal dethgrowl I can probably work something off this.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 01:21:05 pm »
set this to music....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciupsqkLLkQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciupsqkLLkQ</a>