Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 274279 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #405 on: April 11, 2016, 06:02:27 pm »
Could a blob come and eat his face?

Ironbite-and UP's many faces?

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #406 on: April 12, 2016, 04:34:11 pm »
Yeah but when someone says "I'm not religious" what they actually mean is "I FUCKING HATE MUSLIMS BURN THEM ALL 14/88!!!one!".
I think this is Conty getting his categories muddled up again.

Feminists, Nazis, atheists, Australians, progressives and Muslims are different things  Contrarian.

They aren't all some hideous indistinguishable blob come to force you to let darkies and ladies into your club and make you pay your telly licence.

Don't make me break out the Venn Diagrams.

Besides, I refuse to pay for a TV license.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #407 on: April 12, 2016, 05:08:52 pm »
Yeah but when someone says "I'm not religious" what they actually mean is "I FUCKING HATE MUSLIMS BURN THEM ALL 14/88!!!one!".
I think this is Conty getting his categories muddled up again.

Feminists, Nazis, atheists, Australians, progressives and Muslims are different things  Contrarian.

They aren't all some hideous indistinguishable blob come to force you to let darkies and ladies into your club and make you pay your telly licence.

Don't make me break out the Venn Diagrams.

Besides, I refuse to pay for a TV license.

Just because your mum pays for the TV license, after all it's her house.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 05:30:21 pm by davedan »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #408 on: April 16, 2016, 12:06:57 am »
On North Carolina's House Bill 2 and Executive Order No. 93:

As a resident of North Carolina, if you want to just jump on the media bandwagon and not bring business here, then thats your right to do so. The state passed the law in response to a ridiculous ordinance that the city of Charlotte passed first that basically stated all bathrooms, locker rooms, etc are unisex and nobody can stop a man or woman from going into any of them. Do you see how this might be a problem? It opens up avenues for predators and sex offenders to use and abuse (mainly men abusing mainly women and children, none of which are LGBT). The state law had nothing to do with the LGBT community. It just affected them. Feel free to call it punished for the sins of another or whatever you want, but if you really can't accept it please just stay out of NC. Maybe the average IQ will rise.

EDIT:

Further posts from this person on this topic:

All the state law did was repeal the ordinance and put things back to the way they've always been. It added no additional risk that wasn't already there. Do you have a wife or a daughter? Would you be ok with a man standing in their locker room watching them get undressed while nobody could do anything about it? That's basically the ordinance that Charlotte passed. Maybe your answer is, "well they just wouldn't go there". Well, then that business is hurt.

Bottom line is everyone deserves the right to go to the restroom, locker room, etc. without fear of being harassed or assaulted. However, there is a way to go about it, and the Charlotte ordinance was not the way to do it.

I specifically stated that the LGBT community was not the aim of the bill. I am fully aware the majority of molesters/rapist/abusers fit into the category of straight white middle-aged men.

Again, it is a shame that there are human beings still being assaulted and harassed, and I hope one day we can find a way to protect everyone regardless of classifications.

However, the ordinance that the city of Charlotte enacted is not the answer, and it needed to be repealed.

This is the last I will comment on this issue. I have my opinion and all the people here are entitled to theirs. I do live in the area though, and as a resident I am for the NC state law. If that peace of mind costs me a couple magic events locally every year I think I can live with that. Once all the media attention blows over and turns to something else nobody will care.

And someone else:

No one is saying the trans community wants the law so they can go oogle children. But, because of the way the laws are written, perverts can cite the law as an excuse to go where they should not be allowed. This is happening already in California and other places where these laws exist. Go google it and start reading some of the news stories, it will turn your stomach.

Seriously. We need to defend the rights of the people least able to defend themselves, children.

While this law sucks for trans people, it's nessecary for the protection of children until a better solution can be found. Maybe you're not aware of the weirdos already citing this law (in California and other places) to use womens changing rooms and restrooms when it's clear the law wasn't implemented for them, and they're just abusing it, but its becoming a real problem, I urge you to google it and start reading, then ask yourself if you're ok letting your small children be around these people.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 02:57:51 am by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #409 on: April 16, 2016, 12:06:47 pm »
Gee, I couldn't find anything about that except second hand cited squalling with no links to articles other than more anecdotal squalling with no links to actual police reports or complaints.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #410 on: April 16, 2016, 12:09:57 pm »

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #411 on: April 16, 2016, 12:25:45 pm »
"lion-against-sjw"

I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

pyro

« Reply #412 on: April 16, 2016, 12:32:55 pm »
You know, if the law had been based on legal gender instead of birth sex there'd be fewer complaints. The fact that they went to the trouble to define it that way means they were aiming it at trans people, and anyone who says otherwise either hasn't done their homework or is dishonest.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #413 on: April 16, 2016, 01:14:26 pm »
The infuriating but potentially darkly hilarious irony is that transitioning, fully transitioned, and transitioned-plus SRS post-op transpeople will be legally obligated to enter the bathroom opposite to their physically apparent and/or surgically reassigned anatomical sex.

Fundie heads 'splode all over the place in 3.....2.....1.....

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #414 on: April 16, 2016, 01:35:23 pm »
The infuriating but potentially darkly hilarious irony is that transitioning, fully transitioned, and transitioned-plus SRS post-op transpeople will be legally obligated to enter the bathroom opposite to their physically apparent and/or surgically reassigned anatomical sex.

Fundie heads 'splode all over the place in 3.....2.....1.....

Or, y'know, they won't.

Bigots can handle a slight bit of ew-gross inconvenience if it means trans people are continuously harrassed and threatened with death for participating in society. These laws further facilitate that; your imagined scenario would only be used as an opportunity for more harrassment.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #415 on: April 16, 2016, 02:26:26 pm »
I never said it would not be used for further harassment, but consider that fundies are also entirely too fearful, ignorant, and two-faced to not complain that the legislation failed to protect them, while allegedly protecting them, from eww gross moments. Keep in mind, this exact situation is going to come up IRL, and the transpeople who very exactingly and deliberately obey the letter of that law will do so, ironically enough, as a form of completely law abiding yet effective "civil disobedience", and produce even more sociopolitical momentum to rescind that law.

I think your opinion that bigots can or will tolerate it is naïve.

pyro

« Reply #416 on: April 16, 2016, 05:22:49 pm »
Or they'll just blame the SRS, and move on to trying to ban that.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #417 on: April 16, 2016, 07:22:45 pm »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #418 on: April 16, 2016, 07:57:06 pm »
From the files of Shit That Never Happened:

I’m no looker; 5’10” and about a buck-fifty; bald (been rocking the skinhead since college) and in my early 40s.  I threw up a flag – put the TRUMP t-shirt on and walked around like I owned the fucking place.  Over two days I had 4 cute girls, none older than 21, come up to tell me they liked my shirt (for the record, I got one positive comment from another father, and one smart-ass remark from a 65+ cat lady hag working at the on-site Starbucks – I told the cunt to make my coffee great).  Yeah I gave the cute girls some friendly banter and invoked a little very mild dread game with my wife, but this is the point: there are still good (as good as they come anyway) White girls out there just waiting to be taken and lead.  The quality ones are the ones with latent race-realism in their naughty little hearts. And any real man is going to want a brood of little sh*tlords one day.  I doubt any one of those girls would have approached me back in my go-along-and-get-along-beta-gentleman days.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #419 on: April 16, 2016, 08:18:28 pm »
More bullshit from North Carolina:

Its sad that companies only see 1 side of this...... why should woman and children have to be exposed to opposite genders in their bathrooms. whats next are we going to add urinals to the womans restroom?? if LGBT people feel afraid then push for a law that requires all places to have 3 bathrooms or requires all public places to have a single occupant Unisex bathroom next to the normal bathrooms.. but protecting children should be the #1 concern not protection a very small Minority of a Minority who feel that they should be treated special.... And any company that boycotts North Carolina is just saying we only care about LGBT people we don't care about children and its a sad precident that these companies are setting....

(reply to previous)

[Name], because the other side is dictated and fueled by emotionalism. There has never been an issue before until a local town decided to make all public bathrooms uni-sex, which is rather extreme and ignorant to do towards those many others who would be uncomfortable having their children go alone into a public restroom. The State is looking at this from the point of view of protecting children, nothing more. If grown adults who dress up as the opposite sex can't handle that, they are the ones who are the true bigots. For every legit trans person, there are 4 others who are 100% their birth gender and are simply acting out in the opposite sex because their mental state has not been addressed. Self identification has gone to the extreme due to poltical correctness. I say have a public bathroom for each sex and a 3rd bathroom that is open to anyone, then people can make their own choice based on their own convictions.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.