Author Topic: Witch burning--alive and well.  (Read 5141 times)

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
Re: Witch burning--alive and well.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 07:10:00 pm »
I've heard a story of a kid (I think he was 12) from a Wiccan family in Texas who was jumped by a group of people because he was wearing a pentacle necklace. If I remember right they stabbed him, and I think they might have burned him also, but it's been a while since I heard the story. A group of people, possibly adults, killed a 12 year old because of a necklace. I'm not sure as to the truth of this story, as it was told by a guy who called in to a podcast I listen to (The Thinking Atheist, a guy who lives in Tulsa). Honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was true, and that fact is quite disturbing.

While I was on vacation in Texas last year I wore my pentacle necklace the whole time (albeit under my shirt), though I also carried my pocket knife at all times as well.

Who wants to bet that the people that killed him thought of themselves as "Good Christians"...

Well, of course they are.  After all they're just following their good book.  Exodus 22:18 clearly states..."Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

I ask.  Just how much more plain can it get?

Apparently in the original language it was more likely "poisoner" instead of "witch".

No. I just checked my Hebrew bible, and the word is definitely witch.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!