Author Topic: Misogyny 101  (Read 9579 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Misogyny 101
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 09:56:34 pm »
I do miss the days of arguing with Alexius, who wanted the government to provide classes to help loveshy men conquer their fears.
Government-sponsored pick-up artists. Sounds like a good allocation of resources :P

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 10:06:25 pm »
I watched a couple of their videos and was facepalming so hard I almost broke my nose.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 10:16:44 pm »
I do miss the days of arguing with Alexius, who wanted the government to provide classes to help loveshy men conquer their fears.
Me too, especially since he never really said exactly what he expected the goverment to do that would be all that different than therapy, which he hated the idea of.

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 10:40:07 pm »
I watched a couple of their videos and was facepalming so hard I almost broke my nose.
Good think you didn't read their e-book. Actually I should post this:

WARNING: Don't bother looking at their e-book. I already posted all the quotes you need to understand that bile, so reading it for yourself is unnecessary and, I believe, hazardous to your mental health.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 11:23:49 pm »
Are you calling me a liar
Well I'm not calling you a cracker... :P

I wish I could give you more than 1 fuck yeah per hour.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 11:27:31 pm »
It's scary to think that some nutjobs actually hold such beliefs ("perform her sexual duties"??). Bravo, you've found a group worse than LoveShy. At least we can take comfort in the fact that they'll almost never be able to get a woman who will follow such nonsense.

I'm more scared of what they might do to MAKE a woman who will follow such nonsense.

That is, if they can ever get over their insecurity and fear of women.

Well, that explains our charming visitor whose topic is now in the Lox'd Box.

Dammit Zachski that would have been hilarious.
That's assuming it wasn't intended as a single, drive-by post. If he stayed and shot his mouth off then yes, it would have been pretty humorous.

Sadly, I can't make my decisions based on what's "hilarious" or "humorous" :P

Since, you know, gotta at least pretend to be a professional.

Just pretend you are a professional comedian and then making decisions on what is hilarious or humorous would be A OK.

(I'm not really have a crack at you Zack I just really don't like these people and laughing at them over the internet is all I get)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 11:38:00 pm »
It's scary to think that some nutjobs actually hold such beliefs ("perform her sexual duties"??). Bravo, you've found a group worse than LoveShy. At least we can take comfort in the fact that they'll almost never be able to get a woman who will follow such nonsense.

I'm more scared of what they might do to MAKE a woman who will follow such nonsense.

That is, if they can ever get over their insecurity and fear of women.

Well, that explains our charming visitor whose topic is now in the Lox'd Box.

Dammit Zachski that would have been hilarious.
That's assuming it wasn't intended as a single, drive-by post. If he stayed and shot his mouth off then yes, it would have been pretty humorous.

Sadly, I can't make my decisions based on what's "hilarious" or "humorous" :P

Since, you know, gotta at least pretend to be a professional.

Just pretend you are a professional comedian and then making decisions on what is hilarious or humorous would be A OK.

(I'm not really have a crack at you Zack I just really don't like these people and laughing at them over the internet is all I get)

I wasn't that worried about anyone having a crack at me.  Hell, I tried to make a crack at myself there :P
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 12:16:51 am »
Good think you didn't read their e-book. Actually I should post this:

WARNING: Don't bother looking at their e-book. I already posted all the quotes you need to understand that bile, so reading it for yourself is unnecessary and, I believe, hazardous to your mental health.

Didn't read the ebook, but did follow a link to its WOT (Web of Trust) scorecard.  Not only is the score completely green (good), but every single comment is from guys praising the site on how great it is, and that feminists are a bunch of delusional liars.  One particularly long one:

I've been using this site for about two months now. I used to be a feminist, even leaving my lifelong church partially because it barred women from the priesthood. As a result I grew up having no idea what I was supposed to be or do as a man. The only thing I really had going for me was my raw intellectual firepower. I had no self-esteem to speak of, the two girlfriends I'd had had both dumped me after months and months of dedication on my part, and I was bordering on agoraphobia. This site is inflammatory, yes, but that's precisely what I needed to shatter the delusions I was operating under. Since I joined, I've become gradually more and more confident in social situations. I'm a billion times more open with people, and have become more disciplined in my approach to school and critical thinking. I'm becoming less and less of a "creeper"/embittered neckbeard/white knight/aimless loser day by day. This is something that no self-help book, no feminist philosophies or website, not even the advice of my mother ever did for me. I made progress when I finally realized that I held my feminist beliefs not because they were necessarily RIGHT but because it hurt to imagine their opposite. For example, "anything a man can do a woman can too" is nice and fuzzy, while "there are functions and capabilities that men have that women do not" made me fear the disapproving judgment of the crowd, but "nice and fuzzy" does not truth make...being right does.

The critics of this site have not understood the point. We're not about victimhood, unlike most of feminism which has as a central tenet that men have and always will oppress poor, blameless women. It's a common defense mechanism to exaggerate the blamelessness in yourself and the depravity of others, but if you as a Manhood Academy student start whining and complaining about what people/society/genetics/whatever has done to you, you're going to get the belt (or a 20-page assignment) for being delusional and stupid. We're also not about what society today thinks manhood is. Even more importantly, we're not about what feminism thinks manhood is (THAT would be a freaking nightmare). We're about improving ourselves, and thereby making other people happier.

If your reaction to the site contains the words "Seriously?", "OMG," or "little boys," grow a brain (if possible) and learn to 1) read AND comprehend 2) form an actual argument based on logic rather than emotion and 3) not sound like a ad hominem-spouting valley girl (not actually NECESSARY, but it makes you sound like a moron).    "

You know what the funniest part is?  He says how Manhood Academy won't tolerate guys blaming everything else for their problems, but it seems that's exactly what he did in the very beginning of his essay of a comment.  And hey, so what if it's encouraging making women subservient unperson slaves for the purpose of making you feel like a powerful man, right?  This guy would probably say, "Well, of course it doesn't mean it literally, it's just being edgy to build confidence."

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 12:28:11 am »
So this is the place that the 'tards from LovShy go when they feel LoveShy doesn't go far enough?

Ironbite-it's like they're getting into the barrel now.

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 12:44:54 am »
So this is the place that the 'tards from LovShy go when they feel LoveShy doesn't go far enough?

Ironbite-it's like they're getting into the barrel now.
My impression is...well...picture this guy. Now, when you're done screaming, picture an entire forum full of people like him. There ya go.

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 12:48:39 am »
Are you calling me a liar
Well I'm not calling you a cracker... :P

I wish I could give you more than 1 fuck yeah per hour.
Thank you ^_^ I'll take as many as you can throw at me.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 03:59:34 am »
Saw their site. Damn, these guys just come off as basically rapist trainers. Scary, scary bastards.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Distind

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 06:40:05 am »
Yeah, I've been shooting down a number of quotes from these guys because they're all the same damn thing.

I wonder what exactly they expect to debate. They don't really leave any room for argument with their posts, and looking at their macros I sense juggalos.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 06:57:13 am »
Had a quick look and got the impression it's for the kind of guys who end up marrying mail-order brides from third-world countries.

You know, the women who will be banging the postman within a year so that she can be satisfied. :P
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 09:57:02 am »
Yeah, I've been shooting down a number of quotes from these guys because they're all the same damn thing.
Perhaps I should go and try to find a decent quote there ;D