Author Topic: Misogyny 101  (Read 9548 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Misogyny 101
« on: February 07, 2013, 07:53:50 pm »
Artist's rendition of Prof. Plum

So today the mainpage displayed a quote from a Web site called the Manhood Academy. Since my classes were canceled for tonight and tomorrow due to snowy doom, I decided to give the site a glance over. And oh boy is it sexist. The site bills itself as "the first worldwide social education center specifically designed to train men like you in social competence." Social competence is apparently defined as using fear and violence to control women and force them into submission. Their free e-book even reads like a domestic abuse guide:

• "While women fault men for not being able to control their biological urges, they have no conscience about manipulating the male sex drive to fill their own bank accounts. This is especially hypocritical considering that feminists try to absolve women of blame whenever a scantily dressed female is raped." page 22
  • "While women and children often lack the capacity to grasp the inner workings of authority, they still have an instinctual, positive response to it. Authority brings poorly arranged things, people, events and circumstances into a state of order. Hence, people are attracted to those who have the ability to create order." page 131
  • "Once your authority is established, pain is required to maintain it. This doesn’t mean you suddenly cut off the pleasure. It just means that the pleasure you provide must be conditional—it must be merited." page 139
  • "Fear is required to meet the universal need for order. By neglecting to address violations of your authority with pain, you undermine any order previously created. In layman’s terms: if women cease to fear you, they will also cease to love you." page 141
  • "Society must recognize the value of teaching females to submit to male authority, and it must teach males how to exercise their authority to meet everyone’s needs. Only then can men and women truly benefit from the healthy exercise of authority and submission within a relationship. When boundaries are responsibly placed to curb disorder, everyone enjoys the liberating peace of orderly relationships." page 150
  • "For example, a husband should rightly control his wife’s associations. This practical use of his authority protects her from potential harm. If you realize that men mainly associate with women for sexual purposes, you too will protect your girlfriend or wife from careless associations with other men." page 160
  • "To properly restrict a woman, you should take care to meet her needs. Restricting who your sister, girlfriend or wife associates with will ensure their safety." page 160
  • "For example, if a husband tells his wife to buy a gift for a wedding even though the gift may be tasteless or embarrassing, the wife should obey him. If he asks her to cook dinner when she’s tired or to perform her sexual duties even if she’s not in the mood, she should comply. Even if he asks her to dig a hole in the backyard and fill it back up, she should obey. Such decisions, while possibly foolish or flat out wrong, do not violate any ethical boundaries. They should be obeyed to preserve authority." page 168

The site's forum is, rather obviously, even worse. Topics in the "Visitor's Center" include "How to tell if you're a mangina", "Feminism--a history of lies EXPOSED", and "Bitch behavior starts early." Posters lace their comments with animated GIFs of women being punched and slapped, and women are routinely disparaged as "whores", "bitches" and "cunts". One user named Dr. Wang Long (insert compensation joke here) posted a picture of a woman with facial bruises and the following caption: "THIS BITCH DIDN'T KNOW WHEN TO SHUT UP. DO YOU?" This site is apparently so thoroughly disturbing that an author at the sexist Spearhead site called Manhood Academy a magnet for rape supporters and wrote that the site's members are "simply scum" who should be "watched by the FBI." Let that sink in.

On a somewhat related note, some people on the mainpage have suggested adding the anti-sexist man boobz to the list of Friends of FSTDT.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Misogyny 101
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 08:11:13 pm »
"Gentlemen...let's get it on!"   

(manhood academy home page top banner line)

;D

ummmmm...yeh the site says they use voice alteration to keep it anon, but this clip sounds like a 12 year old boy talking to a 5 year old girl

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm0g8WdYqno" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm0g8WdYqno</a>
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:18:57 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 08:17:16 pm »
Well, that explains our charming visitor whose topic is now in the Lox'd Box.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 08:24:44 pm »
Hahaha, I didn't even see that until you pointed it out. Bunch of homophobic cretins.

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 08:26:25 pm »
"Gentlemen...let's get it on!"   

(manhood academy home page top banner line)

;D

ummmmm...yeh the site says they use voice alteration to keep it anon, but this clip sounds like a 12 year old boy talking to a 5 year old girl

[snip]
Interviewing a "real female." With boobs and everything! Not like that mannequin we accidentally interviewed last time...

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 08:49:44 pm »

Dammit Zachski that would have been hilarious.

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 09:02:09 pm »

That's assuming it wasn't intended as a single, drive-by post. If he stayed and shot his mouth off then yes, it would have been pretty humorous.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 09:05:37 pm »
I just watched the video in the loxed box only made it half way with the other stuff.

It would have been hilarious. I am pretty sure none of the people involved in the manhood academy have the right to be called men as it implies they actually have passed puberty. And they haven't.

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 09:11:00 pm »
I am pretty sure none of the people involved in the manhood academy have the right to be called men as it implies they actually have passed puberty. And they haven't.
Next thing you'll tell me is the site's administrators, Dr. LeDice and Prof. Plum, aren't actually doctors and professors. Surely you jest, good sir.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 09:22:37 pm »
Are you calling me a liar

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 09:23:44 pm »
Are you calling me a liar
Well I'm not calling you a cracker... :P

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 09:29:49 pm »
It's scary to think that some nutjobs actually hold such beliefs ("perform her sexual duties"??). Bravo, you've found a group worse than LoveShy. At least we can take comfort in the fact that they'll almost never be able to get a woman who will follow such nonsense.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 09:33:28 pm »
It's scary to think that some nutjobs actually hold such beliefs ("perform her sexual duties"??). Bravo, you've found a group worse than LoveShy. At least we can take comfort in the fact that they'll almost never be able to get a woman who will follow such nonsense.

I'm more scared of what they might do to MAKE a woman who will follow such nonsense.

That is, if they can ever get over their insecurity and fear of women.

That's assuming it wasn't intended as a single, drive-by post. If he stayed and shot his mouth off then yes, it would have been pretty humorous.

Sadly, I can't make my decisions based on what's "hilarious" or "humorous" :P

Since, you know, gotta at least pretend to be a professional.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:38:18 pm by Zachski »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 09:40:57 pm »

I'm more scared of what they might do to MAKE a woman who will follow such nonsense.

That is, if they can ever get over their insecurity and fear of women.

Sadly, I can't make my decisions based on what's "hilarious" or "humorous" :P

Since, you know, gotta at least pretend to be a professional.
Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't criticizing your decision to lock that thread, I was just commenting on whether or not the thread poster would have been a fun chew toy.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 09:48:25 pm »
I do miss the days of arguing with Alexius, who wanted the government to provide classes to help loveshy men conquer their fears.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades