Author Topic: SF cornerback doesn't want gays on his team.  (Read 4849 times)

Offline Whore of Spamylon

• Bishop

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: SF cornerback doesn't want gays on his team.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 12:49:27 am »
In the gayest city in America as well....

Ironbite-welp he's gone after the Superbowl.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 12:58:41 am »
Dude, you play in fucking SAN FRANCISCO.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:01:14 am by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 01:06:30 am »
Football: A game where a bunch of muscular, sweaty guys tackle and pile on top of each other, getting dirty, hoping they can get their hands on a nice big ball.  Truly the most heterosexual of sports!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 01:34:22 am »
Football: A game where a bunch of muscular, sweaty guys tackle and pile on top of each other, getting dirty, hoping they can get their hands on a nice big ball.  Truly the most heterosexual of sports!

Sounds more like rugby union maybe.

As for the player's attitude, I'm not at all surprised. This is professional sports, after all.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 05:18:16 am »
"The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel," Culliver said in a statement. "It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience."

I dunno, think he's sincere or think he's just putting on a mask to try to deflect some of the backlash?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 07:03:20 am »
I seriously doubt that apology is any way sincere.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 08:53:25 am »
I seriously doubt that apology is any way sincere.

It almost certainly isn't; very likely his team threatened to bar him from playing in the Super Bowl and cutting him out of any benefits that accrue to them for their participation (or victory) that they can.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 12:04:16 am »

Sounds more like rugby union maybe.

As for the player's attitude, I'm not at all surprised. This is professional sports, after all.

Can you think of ANY sport that can't be made into something homosexual? Trust me, you won't find one. They're all gay.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Whore of Spamylon

• Bishop
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 12:44:24 am »

Can you think of ANY sport that can't be made into something homosexual? Trust me, you won't find one. They're all gay.

For a moment, hockey came to mind, but then I realized all of the players are constantly clutching on to a big stick.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxdosn8sOo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxdosn8sOo</a>

Be sure to try the veal.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:47:01 am by Whore of Spamylon »

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 05:41:21 am »
I don't like Culliver in the first place. And I have never known the team as a whole to be homophobic and his apology is worth zip.

Blegh.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 03:47:55 pm »

For a moment, hockey came to mind, but then I realized all of the players are constantly clutching on to a big stick.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxdosn8sOo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxdosn8sOo</a>

Be sure to try the veal.

Wrestling.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 03:42:25 pm »
In chess the express goal is mating.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.