Author Topic: Gomer Pyle actor marries his male friend. Expect RR to go nuts anytime now.  (Read 2475 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
Just found out about this here.

Actor Jim Nabors married his partner of 38 years, Stan Cadwallader, in Seattle earlier this month, he told Hawaii News Now.

"I'm 82 and he's in his 60s and so we've been together for 38 years," he said. "I'm not ashamed of people knowing, it's just that it was such a personal thing, I didn't tell anybody. I'm very happy that I've had a partner of 38 years and I feel very blessed. And, what can I tell you, I'm just very happy."

I can't wait until the rapture ready crowd hears of this.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
I wonder if he's friends with George Takei.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
 Awwww. Always loved Nabor's acting and wonderful operatic quality singing voice. What a coinky-dink, too. My brother and his spouse have been together almost as long (35 yrs), and are about the same ages. They were finally married in Boston a few years ago.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
I read about this a day or so ago.  I feel good for him.  Wise to also think about his age and to make sure his partner is taken care of should something happen to him.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Well, shazam!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Gaawlly!

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
This comes as no surprise, actually.  As it said in the article, he made no secret of his orientation, he just never publicized it.  I can remember there being rumors about him and Rock Hudson being a couple back in the early 70s.  I don't know if that was true or not, but the rumors existed.

Anyway, congratulations to him and his husband.  After all, happiness in life is the least we can ask for.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Well, for what it's worth, at least a raptard blogger has whined about it. Have to run and check out his Jim Nabors Gospel Pandora before he takes it down.

http://the-end-time.blogspot.com/2013/01/jim-nabors-82-gomer-pyle-marries-long.html?showComment=1359621611232
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
The Rock Hudson/Jim Nabors shipping was a joke that accidentally fell into the rumor mill.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
The Rock Hudson/Jim Nabors shipping was a joke that accidentally fell into the rumor mill.
Yeah, I knew it was a rumor, didn't know if there was any truth to it, but didn't think so.  However, the thing is, it was rumored way back then.  And as it turned out, both of them were gay.  That was really the point of my post, that even 40 years ago, it was believed he was gay.  So that's why him marrying his companion didn't surprise me.

Actually, one of the jokes involved a small town in western NC.  Where is Jim Nabors favorite place in the world?  Blowing Rock.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:50:19 am by Star Cluster »
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Gomer Pyle actor marries his male friend. Expect RR to go nuts anytime now.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 02:30:32 pm »
Well'p, I assumed Nabors was either gay or asexual since he never really talked about being in a relationship with anyone, but thinking on that, it wasn't really my business in the first place.  I still like the guy, hehe.