Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 386990 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2100 on: February 20, 2018, 02:46:50 am »
Don't worry. The 28th Amendment will be passed by then and all the money--evil or otherwise--will be banished from politics.

EDIT: Also, I don't say with any certainty that Sanders would have won (since there are too many counterfactuals), and I think Clinton could have won, if she'd had a competent campaign that focused on policy and didn't ignore states like Wisconsin and Michigan for almost the entire time.

EDIT #2: Meanwhile...

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/374536-trump-takes-last-spot-in-presidential-rankings-survey-on-overall

In the first "Presidents and Executive Politics Presidential Greatness Survey" taken after President Trump had spent a significant time in office (survey period: December 22, 2017 to January 16, 2018), respondents being 170 current and recently former members of the American Political Science Association, Trump ranks...

Dead last.

#1 is Lincoln; #2 is Washington.

https://sps.boisestate.edu/politicalscience/files/2018/02/Greatness.pdf

Note first that of the 166 respondents who listed a party affiliation, 95 were Democrats, 45 independents, 21 Republicans, and 5 other. As for their self-considered ideological bent, 54 consider themselves liberal, 43 somewhat liberal, 40 moderate, 20 somewhat conservative, and 9 conservative. This will of course bias the survey somewhat.

Following them are FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, Jefferson, Truman, and Eisenhower, that order being unchanged from 2014. However, Obama ranked 18th in 2014 and is now 8th. (I'm not sure if they know how much that's because of contrasts to the current incumbent, however.)

The bottom five are Andrew Johnson, Pierce, William Henry Harrison, Buchanan, and Trump.

Respondents identifying as Republican placed Trump 40th, with Andrew Johnson, Pierce, William Henry Harrison, and Buchanan below him. Those identifying as Democrats placed Trump dead last in 44th (Buchanan was 43rd). Others placed him 43rd on average, above Buchanan.

Respondents identifying as conservatives also placed Trump 40th, followed by Pierce, Andrew Johnson, William Henry Harrison, and Buchanan. Those identifying as liberals placed Trump 44th, with Buchanan in 43rd, as did moderates.

The top-fives are also somewhat interesting:

Republicans

Washington
Lincoln
FDR
Teddy Roosevelt
Reagan

Democrats

Lincoln
FDR
Washington
Teddy Roosevelt
Jefferson

Independents

Lincoln
Washington
FDR
Teddy Roosevelt
Jefferson

Conservatives

Washington
Lincoln
Reagan
FDR
Teddy Roosevelt

Liberals

Lincoln
FDR
Washington
Teddy Roosevelt
Jefferson

Moderates

Lincoln
Washington
FDR
Teddy Roosevelt
Jefferson

If respondents had to pick another President to place on Mount Rushmore, an overwhelming majority, 65.9%, would choose Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Other responses, in order, were Barack Obama, Ronald Reagan, Dwight Eisenhower, James Madison, Lyndon Johnson, William McKinley, Andrew Jackson, Harry Truman, James Polk, John Adams, Bill Clinton, Calvin Coolidge, John F. Kennedy, and Richard Nixon. (Some respondents named Washington, Lincoln, or Roosevelt.)

FDR was the top choice among all groups of party affiliation or ideology, overwhelmingly among Democrats, liberals and moderates, a majority among independents, and a plurality among Republicans and conservatives.

They also looked at how polarizing various Presidents were. I'll quote their methodology:

In the current polarized political climate, we thought it would be interesting to ask which presidents were considered by presidency experts to be the most polarizing. To do so, we asked respondents to identify up to five individual presidents they believed were the most polarizing, and then rank order them with the first president being the most polarizing, the second as next most polarizing, and so on. We then calculated how many times a president was identified as well as their average ranking. The results of this question can be seen in the table below.

Trump was by far the most-listed President, at 138 respondents, and on average the most polarizing. The other Presidents listed at least 50 times were Andrew Jackson, George W. Bush, Barack Obama, Richard Nixon, and Abraham Lincoln.

They also issued a report card for Trump, on the A-B-C-D-F scale, with Trump receiving 2 Ds and 3 Fs--but even Republicans only gave him 2 Cs and 3 Ds. (Conservatives were harsher, at 4 Ds and 1 F.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:12:05 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2101 on: February 21, 2018, 09:36:56 am »
http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/21/twitter-just-purged-russian-bots-trump-fans-crying-followers-vanish-7329362/

So, there are only two possible explanations:

a) Trump-cultists had been getting thousands of retweets and followers that were really bots trying to make them more visible and think that they have more support.

2) Social media is under the control of SJW-COMMIE-MUSLIMS who are trying to silence proud American patriots.

And since one of those explanations would include admitting that Trump-cultists have been duped so of course it can't be that. They are stable geniuses after all.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2102 on: February 21, 2018, 10:14:10 pm »
Trump held a "listening" session at the White House for people who have survived or been affected by school shootings.  Two highlights I wanna bring to light.

This note card that he was apparently holding during the session.  Not the points you can see on it.  One of which is "I hear you".  The fuck has to be reminded about that?

The other point is he wants to reopen the asylums.

Ironbite-let that sink in.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2103 on: February 22, 2018, 05:51:18 pm »
Gotta love old man Trump blaming the violent video games and music for all of the gun violence. Gee where the fuck have we heard that before? You damn kids with your Dan Fogelberg, Hula hoops and pac man video games!

They were saying this shit twenty years ago.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2104 on: February 22, 2018, 06:06:39 pm »

EDIT: Ted Cruz at CPAC:

The Democrats are the party of Lisa Simpson, and the Republicans are proudly the party of Homer.

So... the Democrats are intelligent and insightful, while the Republicans are bumbling idiots who somehow manage to constantly fail upward?

EDIT #2: And to make it even funnier, don't forget that Homer Simpson said of going to church, "What if we've chosen the wrong god? Every time we go to church, we're just making the real one madder and madder!" (Not a sentiment I'd expect most of the GOP to share.)

(Bart: "Testify!")
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:33:00 pm by dpareja »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2105 on: February 27, 2018, 11:15:12 pm »
Trump held a "listening" session at the White House for people who have survived or been affected by school shootings.  Two highlights I wanna bring to light.

This note card that he was apparently holding during the session.  Not the points you can see on it.  One of which is "I hear you".  The fuck has to be reminded about that?

The other point is he wants to reopen the asylums.

Ironbite-let that sink in.

He's not wearing his wedding ring...
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2106 on: February 27, 2018, 11:16:19 pm »
Presumably he's planning to exchange Melania soon for a new First Lady.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2107 on: February 28, 2018, 12:17:39 am »
Presumably he's planning to exchange Melania soon for a new First Lady.

He already knows who he wants to be his First Lady, but even he's not quite dumb enough to think he could get away with incest.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2108 on: February 28, 2018, 03:48:34 pm »
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/27/jared-kushner-security-clearance-downgrade-427178

Kushner's security clearance is downgraded, Mueller investigation is going forwards and Trump is continuing to embarrass himself with his blunders (like having a note as a reminder to show some form of sympathy to the survivors of the massacre...)

These last few weeks have not been kind to USA.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2109 on: February 28, 2018, 04:42:45 pm »
No they haven't been kind to Trump.  Rest of the country's been doing just fine.

Ironbite-oh and Mueller's recommending that all charges against Gates be dropped so.....Gates sang.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2110 on: February 28, 2018, 04:49:22 pm »
Another one bites the dust, now Hope Hicks resigns from her position.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2111 on: March 01, 2018, 04:39:00 am »
Meanwhile in the Trump  fanclub:

Ha ha!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2112 on: March 01, 2018, 05:23:13 am »
I'm sure this is just a stereotype but I can't imagine that these guys would be able to have a micropenis if they all chipped in.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2113 on: March 01, 2018, 06:19:55 am »
T_D is imploding on Reddit. Ever since the election it has been a hugbox cult sanctuary for Trump fans, but this is finally the issue that broke them. All the other dumb dangerous stuff that Trump did was ignored or explained through double-think but now there's basically a revolution inside the subreddit and the mods are banning hundreds of commenters. People get banned for saying that they support Trump otherwise but don't like this one plan of his (must support Trump no matter what.) People get banned for saying that this is a good idea and they support Trump completely (2nd amendment is important and not supporting it is treason.) People get banned for quoting what Trump said about this (shows Trump in bad light by showing that he says dumb shit.)

Even if you look at the most upvoted comments on the thread about this the top 50 are a bunch of deleted messages, one dude saying "I'm just laughing at all the comments that have been deleted but are still at the top of best" and a person going "My internet was down for a day, what happened here?"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2114 on: March 01, 2018, 10:12:37 am »
There is not enough popcorn in the fucking universe.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.