Author Topic: Shooter at YouTube HQ  (Read 3306 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Shooter at YouTube HQ
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 07:21:51 pm »
4 wounded and the shooter dead of a self-inflicted wound.

Ironbite-praying it's not a Muslim woman cause of the implications that'll have.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 10:27:05 pm »
Ha. A few days ago, I saw a comment saying that with all Youtube's demonetisation of videos and dwindling payouts, it's only a matter of time before someone shoots up Youtube HQ. At the time, I thought "nah, that's just stupid". Well, I guess you called it, random Youtube commenter. I tip my non-existent hat to you.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 10:34:16 pm »
Authorities think this might've been a domestic dispute, according to this article.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 05:34:42 am »
Lots of misinformation on the net about this. Mainly on purpose from sources like Infowars and 4Chan... https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2018/04/03/here-are-hoaxes-and-misinformation-spreading-about-active-shooter-youtube-headquarters/219839
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 05:37:15 am »
Seems she was into some kind of vegan thing, also bodybuilding and fashion.

Kind of person who'd be a harmless nutter in any country but the one that allows nutters to get their 2nd amendment harm on as an inalienable right.

Also, FFS.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:42:28 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 07:10:46 am »
Nothing says "ethics in game journalism" like making fake news about the people you hate.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 08:19:49 am »
She apparently had an anti-YouTube manifesto, according to this report. So it looks like that YouTube commenter Art mentioned may have been right.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 01:20:07 am »
It is correct. She had a Vegan youtube channel that was getting videos demonetized even though the videos contained nothing that was against the rules.

Youtube was, as often, being a dick but that's still not an acceptable reason to go shoot people.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 04:01:23 am »
two of the victims were released and the 3rd (and most seriously hurt) is in a more stable condition now.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 06:30:54 pm »
It is correct. She had a Vegan youtube channel that was getting videos demonetized even though the videos contained nothing that was against the rules.

Youtube was, as often, being a dick but that's still not an acceptable reason to go shoot people.

Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?