Author Topic: Our queer world  (Read 80021 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Our queer world
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 03:57:43 am »
Desmond Tutu has said in an interview that he would rather go to hell than worship a homophobic God.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/26/desmond-tutu-id-pick-hell-over-anti-gay-heaven/
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/26/would-not-worship-homophobic-god-tutu/

I wonder how many of the Fox News readers have already spontaneously combusted.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 03:42:42 pm »
There is a reason that man got his Nobel Peace Prize.

Neo-Nazi lure and torture gay Russians and then upload it on social networking sites.

Also, gay Russians to Dan Savage: "You're not helping".
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 04:50:45 pm by gyeonghwa »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2013, 09:03:15 pm »

I... boycotting vodka... what. Dan Savage literally gets stupider and stupider with each publicity stunt he makes.

Also, I just wanted to say that I love this thread and I'm glad you're posting here again, gyeonghwa.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 10:46:08 pm »

I... boycotting vodka... what. Dan Savage literally gets stupider and stupider with each publicity stunt he makes.

Also, I just wanted to say that I love this thread and I'm glad you're posting here again, gyeonghwa.

Yes, apparently Savage thinks Vodka is Russia's most important export. Funny thing too because after he said to boycott Stoli, Skky vodka launch a "dump Russian Vodka" campaign.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 10:48:16 pm »
Why not just boycott Russia? Like, not buy any products made there or go there?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 12:06:44 am »
Did you know you can still be arrested for teh geh butt sec in the US? And the law should technically mean you'd arrest straight folks too but they only ever enforce it on queer people.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 12:08:24 am »
Did you know you can still be arrested for teh geh butt sec in the US? And the law should technically mean you'd arrest straight folks too but they only ever enforce it on queer people.
(to be sung) You can sue, you can sue, you can sue, you can sue! Hey you, yes you, you can sue, yes, you can sue too!
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 02:13:06 am »
From the article:

The Advocate, a newspaper in Baton Rouge, La., reports law enforcement officials in the city are attempting to trick gay men into agreeing to have sex with them so they can book them into prison on counts of attempted crime against nature.

crime against nature

Hey, Louisiana police - if you're so concerned about Mother Earth, why don't you arrest some of those BP scum fucking up your coastline?

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 02:21:17 am »
Meanwhile, in Mexico, Civil Unions are a thing in the State of Colima. It's already a thing in Coahuila. Full marriage equality is a thing in Mexico F.D. and Quintana Roo. Here's a map!

It still isn't technically legal in Oaxaca until a few more couple sue the courts. But the entire nation must recognize marriage where ever it's performed.

And then there is Vietnam, which may or may not beat Thailand to marriage equality.

Shamanism is making a comeback in Mongolia which helps LGBTQ people. The biggest source of homophobia there comes from Nationalists who don't actually know much about their own history.

And here is a popular photo an interracial lesbian wedding that's been going around!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 02:30:10 am »
Wow that is a pretty couple of interacial lesbians.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 02:44:06 am »
Meanwhile, in Mexico, Civil Unions are a thing in the State of Colima. It's already a thing in Coahuila. Full marriage equality is a thing in Mexico F.D. and Quintana Roo.

Apparently, all same-sex marriages done in Mexico City are also valid nationally.

And then there is Vietnam, which may or may not beat Thailand to marriage equality.

I don't know who to put my money on...

Shamanism is making a comeback in Mongolia which helps LGBTQ people. The biggest source of homophobia there comes from Nationalists who don't actually know much about their own history.

I always found it interesting how many indigenous cultures didn't have any taboos against LGBTQ* until missionaries and assorted imperialists came along.

And here is a popular photo an interracial lesbian wedding that's been going around!

D'AWWWWWW

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 12:42:10 pm »
From the article:

The Advocate, a newspaper in Baton Rouge, La., reports law enforcement officials in the city are attempting to trick gay men into agreeing to have sex with them so they can book them into prison on counts of attempted crime against nature.

crime against nature

Hey, Louisiana police - if you're so concerned about Mother Earth, why don't you arrest some of those BP scum fucking up your coastline?

They're not interested in the environment actually. They're interested in the interests of some psychopath in the sky... and in money. Nobody there gives a shit if the waters are horribly polluted if it's in Capitalism's name.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 05:18:02 pm »

God dammit Savage. Mother Russia isn't gonna whine and repeal just because you boycott vodka. That isn't even their biggest export anymore as far as I'm aware.

I used to want to take a tour of Russia and Ukraine but not anymore. I've canceled both trips since Ukraine seems to be following Mother Russia along like gosling follows a goose.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 02:44:07 am »
Dan Savage is just being his usual attention whore self.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2013, 01:18:18 am »
Dan Savage is just being his usual attention whore self.

Yup. He doesn't know when his opinion isn't needed.

Less than 10 people showed up to "Ex-gay Pride" at D.C. They said thousands would. Of course, they'll blame homosexual extremism, they one they aren't able to prove happens.

With Pope Francis stance on gay people, the top bishop of the Philippines tried to be gay-friendly by basically telling us to be str8-acting. The Philippines is quite progressive in the LGBTQ front partly due to pre-Spanish cultures, but they are still undermined by the large Catholic Culture.

Lebanon declassified homosexuality as a disease. It's still illegal there, but I remember reading an article where in they said for gay Iraqis, Beirut isn't perfect, but it's preferable to Baghdad by far.

The Stoli boycott hurts Lithuanians, not Russians it seems.

Leading queer activists wants to keep Buddhism out of the debate of same sex marriage out of fear of mobilizing homophobic Buddhists against it. Thailand's effort to go forward with marriage equality is been getting heat lately as they close on November.