Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 589272 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #2895 on: July 08, 2016, 06:13:59 pm »
Necro, but this deserves it:

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2896 on: October 12, 2016, 11:28:14 pm »
More necro:

Seen at a Trump rally. The woman, Anna Lehane, is eighteen years old.

It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2897 on: December 02, 2016, 08:01:43 pm »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #2898 on: December 28, 2016, 11:45:22 pm »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2899 on: January 07, 2017, 06:52:19 pm »

That's over seventy bombs per day. Hey, Norway, can you revoke Obama's Peace Prize?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2900 on: January 21, 2017, 12:47:27 pm »

I fully support educating people about consent, but "teach men not to rape" is wrongheaded and counterproductive.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2901 on: January 21, 2017, 01:12:27 pm »
I've gotta get to work but just a quick MOD action:

And for the rest of you:

Enough with the joke, the jury is still out whether Lana is just UP dogding ban again but focus on the debate rather than the person.

Gah, I can't take this anymore. This is too hard.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2902 on: January 23, 2017, 05:28:12 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XdfiN-xDiA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XdfiN-xDiA</a>

Richard Spencer, what a cuck.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2903 on: January 23, 2017, 06:14:38 pm »
I am really torn by the Nazi getting punched in the face. My position on violence has fluctuated over the years and generally I am against it but I can't help the visceral humour I find in seeing that Nazi cuck punched. There are videos of him getting punched to various songs including Hollaback Girl, Won't get fooled again and Ode to joy.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2904 on: January 23, 2017, 06:23:37 pm »
I am really torn by the Nazi getting punched in the face. My position on violence has fluctuated over the years and generally I am against it but I can't help the visceral humour I find in seeing that Nazi cuck punched. There are videos of him getting punched to various songs including Hollaback Girl, Won't get fooled again and Ode to joy.

I agree, but I think we can reject violence in general while using this as an opportunity to mock and shun Spencer. Thing is, there is a trend of radicalization among white men (Not All Men) and it is due to young people not really knowing their way in the world. Along comes a punk-bitch like Richard Spencer, touting strong man politics and white nationalism, and they follow him because they're lost in the world and they think he has answers. The best way to nip the nazi problem in the bud is to ridicule and shun Spencer to dissuade those who would follow him or lend credence to his bullshit, but the media won't do that (Society Calling Someone A Wanker Is Not Censorship Under The First Amendment). So, I'll laugh at him being punched in the face and slinking off. Spencer's biggest fear is becoming a meme because among his followers who value white nationalism and strong man politics, he'll lose all respect (and be a "cuck"); I want to help him become a meme.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #2905 on: January 23, 2017, 07:00:02 pm »

I fully support educating people about consent, but "teach men not to rape" is wrongheaded and counterproductive.
1. Falsely assumes that every man is a rapist
unless taught otherwise.
Er, how?
2. Teaches people not to defend themselves
from predators.
How does it do this again?
Forces male rape victims to be "taught" not
to rape.
HTELF? (How The Ever Loving Fuck)
4. Erases female rapists and abusers.
How does "Steve don't rape" = "Suzie, rape away"?
5. Assumes that rapists will change when
they're reminded it's illegal to rape, which
they already know.
Uh huh.
6. Blames all men for rape.
How?
7. Enforces an idea of paranoia and hysteria
in women.
The idea of teaching dudes to respect boundaries makes women more prone to paranoia, OK!
8. Teaches women to look down upon men.
HOW MOTHERFUCKER, EXPLAIN YOURSELF. FU. CK. ING. HOW???!!!

Who penned that pile of explosive gastro-inspired diarrhea, Trump's press secretary?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2906 on: January 23, 2017, 07:05:27 pm »

Nope, nope, nope. Don't use violence, even against scum like Spencer. Because when you do, you a) put yourself on the wrong side of the law, b) beget violence in return, and c) are admitting that you can't win an argument with him on the merits and have to resort to violence to shut him up. And you a) want to be on the right side of the law, b) don't want them committing violence against you and your supporters, and c) can defeat Spencer or any of his asshole cronies in an argument on the merits.

And anyway, what if you reverse the roles and it's someone you respect being belted by a neo-Nazi? Are you going to laugh at it then? No? Then why are you laughing at it now?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2907 on: January 23, 2017, 07:17:06 pm »
Because its a neo-Nazi...?  Seriously this isn't like hitting a Republican, its hitting a person that, if they either had the balls or opportunity, would happily become a bonafide, active domestic terrorist.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2908 on: January 23, 2017, 07:23:16 pm »
Because its a neo-Nazi...?  Seriously this isn't like hitting a Republican, its hitting a person that, if they either had the balls or opportunity, would happily become a bonafide, active domestic terrorist.

I'm against hitting anyone for the three reasons I mentioned.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2909 on: January 23, 2017, 07:29:46 pm »

Nope, nope, nope. Don't use violence, even against scum like Spencer. Because when you do, you a) put yourself on the wrong side of the law, b) beget violence in return, and c) are admitting that you can't win an argument with him on the merits and have to resort to violence to shut him up. And you a) want to be on the right side of the law, b) don't want them committing violence against you and your supporters, and c) can defeat Spencer or any of his asshole cronies in an argument on the merits.

And anyway, what if you reverse the roles and it's someone you respect being belted by a neo-Nazi? Are you going to laugh at it then? No? Then why are you laughing at it now?

What Ravy said. Plus, go back over what I said. I specifically said that I do not condone violence, but why waste a golden opportunity to ridicule Spencer in front of his followers and potential followers? Authoritarians do not stop being authoritarians because of facts or reasoning (see: 2016 Presidential elections). However, authoritarians really like to give off the appearance of being normal and like everyone else. Therefore, when authoritarian views (like Spencer's) are ridiculed, shunned, and dismissed, or when he is made to look like a fool, then it dissuades those would may otherwise be inclined to give credence to his nazi-propaganda. So, while I do not condone that violence, I will happily laugh and contribute to making him a meme.