Author Topic: Heliocentrism, the most widely accepted lie ever told?  (Read 25149 times)

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
Re: Heliocentrism, the most widely accepted lie ever told?
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2013, 02:06:59 pm »
You literally have not responded properly to a single point anyone has raised here. You've just kinda babbled without explaining why you're correct and we're not.

Exactly.  There have been three times in this thread that I showed where he was completely wrong on things he had said and he hasn't responded to any of them yet.  But the reason he doesn't is he can't.  He doesn't have anything whatsoever that can be used to even put a dent into scientifically deduced conclusions and results.

The more I read his posts, the more I am also convinced he is a Poe.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2013, 03:08:46 pm »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2013, 03:12:19 pm »
Christ on a raspberry flavoured popsicle, this thread is still alive?

Why?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2013, 03:43:27 am »
Because cute animals!

Shit...

...sorry!

CUTE animals!

That's cute...right?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2013, 03:50:55 am »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline kiwimac

• Neonate
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2013, 05:42:48 pm »
You're correct, AE. We use the phrase because in the "center" of our solar system is the "sun". Blows the mind, doesn't it?

Not so much, actually.  The idea that people are still clinging to outdated nonsense produced by Copernicus and Galileo and Darwin would be amusing if it wasn't so poisonous to society.

Wait? Are you actually trying to imply that heliocentric theory and a spherical earth are poisoning our society? How? I can kind of see how evolution can possibly harm society, it does not actually, but it has room for abuse, but fundamental observations of our planet and universe? Observations that barely affect our lives somehow poison our society? That's special.

Except they DO affect your lives in that they colour your entire worldview.  Filling kids' heads with false doctrines deliberately divorced from God's word can't really be considered anything other than social poison.

Generations of kids now have grown up with their minds infiltrated with Atheistic lies, believing that we are each insignificant specks in an irrelevant backwater of this huge universe and therefore you and your actions don't matter one iota. 

Telling children that they are just temporary arrangements of chemicals assembled via random chance is just a calculated move to keep them from discovering the Holy Spirit, personally I consider that child abuse.

As a Christian, I find your attitude foolish.
Bread for myself is a material question; bread for my neighbor is a spiritual question." Nicolai Berdyaev