Author Topic: FB Postings by the antivax crazy lady on my friends' list  (Read 17658 times)

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
Re: FB Postings by the antivax crazy lady on my friends' list
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 12:36:42 pm »
Today we have a website claiming that a 6-year old girl is healed of autism using the usual quackery of supplements and organics. Warning, the website has music.
http://www.regardingcaroline.com/biomedheals

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 03:36:59 pm »
Warning, the website has music.

*moves mouse as far away from the link as he can*
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 03:47:07 pm »
At least it's not a midi....

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 04:36:42 pm »
At least it's not a midi....

*cringes and curls into shuddering fetal position on the floor*
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 11:49:21 pm »
Hey now, some midis sound great for their age.

I still hate websites that autoplay music.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2012, 01:33:02 am »
Yes, especially when they can't be turned off, or if the "off" button is on some obscure location on the page - for instance, half-covered by a picture because of shitty HTML formatting.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 05:09:03 am »
Ahh... takes me back to ye olde GeoCities days.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 07:29:41 am »
Off-topic, but this website has the best music http://www.justlikesugarinc.com/
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2012, 10:12:44 am »
I have found a treasure trove!
http://www.jimcorr.com/

This becomes evident when one studies 9/11. Indeed that event is the nexus doorway into the bigger picture, being the push towards global governance, the formation of an elite run totalitarian One World Government with the subjugated masses underneath.

Fake terror and phoney environmentalism are being used, to trick you into giving up more and more of your civil liberties, as we are being incrementally herded into a One World Government Dictatorship.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that millions upon millions of people are waking up to this unfolding Orwellian nightmarish agenda which will be averted once we collectively waken up!

Basically there's every classic conspiracy you've got, 9/11, 7/7, NWO... From "Financial Crisis":
I believe that what we're now witnessing is an engineered global financial collapse, an implosion of the world economy by design.

To understand this we need to look at the Federal Reserve Bank in the US and the crash of 1929-1933.

People may not know this but the Federal reserve bank is a private bank, which is in private hands. It is no more Federal than 'Federal Express'.

With the passage of the Federal Reserve Act of December 23rd 1913, the federal reserve took control of the nations money supply, effectively usurping the government.

The federal reserve bank was blamed with the crash of 1929.

To quote Milton Friedman, the Nobel prize winning economist he said...

"The Federal Reserve definitely caused the Great Depression by contracting Americas' money supply by one third between 1929 and 1933."

Quoting Ben Bernanke at a conference to honor Milton Friedman on November 8, 2002: "Let me end my talk by abusing slightly my status as an official representative of the Federal Reserve. I would like to say to Milton and Anna: Regarding the Great Depression. You were right, we did it. We're very sorry. But thanks to you, we won't do it again." Clearly Bernanke lied.
Only a tiny excerpt. Go forth and wade if you dare.

EDIT: Holy fucking shit this guy is the male member of the Irish pop group "The Corrs".
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:18:07 am by armandtanzarian »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2012, 10:23:27 am »
I should tell them that we need to stop breathing Dioxide as we take in too much oxygen that way.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2012, 06:25:24 pm »
On "diarrhea vaccine", I think they might not know what diphtheria is, and be confusing the two.

Armand, have you tried telling her about the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide? Also try this video of James Randi explaining homeopathy quite well:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U</a>
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 05:26:34 pm »
Today we have a website claiming that a 6-year old girl is healed of autism using the usual quackery of supplements and organics. Warning, the website has music.

There isn't a lot known about what causes autism, or rather what causes the symptoms to get so severe.  There was a story of a girl who is nonverbal, but she can manage on a keyboard and her symptoms seem to be massive overstimulation.  There are also cases of some people who have a condition called heavy metal affinity.  And while normal people usually shed stuff like lead and mercury, these individuals will not.  There are also some who are environmentally sensitive to a severe degree, and autism-like symptoms will worsen because of it.

I can see the point to removing the sulfites, nitrites, food coloring, artificial flavors, gluten and other possible sources of agitation which you'll find in cheap everyday foods, and I can see how some children become "cured."  But to ever claim that this is the cure for autism should be a criminal offense.  Regardless of the parent's desperation level.
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2012, 11:29:18 pm »

There isn't a lot known about what causes autism, or rather what causes the symptoms to get so severe.  There was a story of a girl who is nonverbal, but she can manage on a keyboard and her symptoms seem to be massive overstimulation.  There are also cases of some people who have a condition called heavy metal affinity.  And while normal people usually shed stuff like lead and mercury, these individuals will not.  There are also some who are environmentally sensitive to a severe degree, and autism-like symptoms will worsen because of it.

I can see the point to removing the sulfites, nitrites, food coloring, artificial flavors, gluten and other possible sources of agitation which you'll find in cheap everyday foods, and I can see how some children become "cured."  But to ever claim that this is the cure for autism should be a criminal offense.  Regardless of the parent's desperation level.
I suppose maybe that's why I like to pay attention to this side of the conspiracy spectrum more than any other; chemtrails and lizardmen don't affect my health, but vaccines and natural foods do. No one in their right mind here doesn't think the amount of chemicals in food is harmful, but our moderation of such foods has to be sensible and fact-based. These idiots are not helping with their conspiracies, and in antivaxxers and denialism, they actually cause irrepairable harm.

Speaking of denialism, one of her friends posted this AIDS-denialism gem today:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaA6zLUPfvk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaA6zLUPfvk</a>
"Biologist and researcher Christl Meyer has provided scientific evidence
proving without doubt that the so called "HIV-virus", which is claimed
to be the cause of AIDS, does not exist.
In this interview with Jane Burgermeister, Christl Meyer explains the
HIV conspiracy and why the HIV vaccine campaign must be considered a
genocide against Africans and the "Third World". In addition the
campaign for HIV disturbs the Human Rights of everyone.
Because there is no virus causing a syndrome called AIDS, there is no
standard for a HIV (AIDS) test. People can show positive even after a
flu vaccine."

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 10:56:33 am »
Alright time to bring this back before it gets autolocked.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=268066956635316&set=a.223064071135605.45905.222272341214778&type=1&relevant_count=1

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=260725274043515&set=a.252174508231925.54841.117418238374220&type=1&relevant_count=1

BTW she's heavily involved in this group called the IAS, which is a Kiwi society of anti-vaxxers. Should be a gold mine for anyone who cares to look. They're also doing roadshows which is the dangerous part.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 11:29:29 am »

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=260725274043515&set=a.252174508231925.54841.117418238374220&type=1&relevant_count=1
It's like having a massive hole gouged in it by an airplane might compromise it's structural integrity or something...

But that's absurd, we all know it wasn't a plane that hit the WTC  ::)
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.