Author Topic: Gillete Ad Upsets Manosphere Crybabies  (Read 16492 times)

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
Gillete Ad Upsets Manosphere Crybabies
« on: January 16, 2019, 05:42:15 pm »
So Gillete, the razor company released an ad yesterday that has a lot of the incels and MGTOW men all up in arms. The ad features a montage of men engaging in behaviors that perpetuate toxic masculinity. Things like an all-male group of bullies chasing another male, there is a line up of men at grills saying "boys will be boys," there is a scene of a boardroom where a man places his hand on a woman's shoulder and mansplains what she said to the other male boardroom members. There is a lot in it and in the end it showcases how men could help be better people by being aware and stopping those behaviors.

Here is the ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koPmuEyP3a0

As usual whiny incels from the manosphere have reacted negatively about this as you can see in the link above. They are flooding every single video by the media or elsewhere acting as if they are being oh-so-oppressed by this commercial. This is their calling card with anything that promotes women or anything that is critical of men, usually it is white men that are doing this if going by any avatars that shows who is making these comments. Has anyone else notice this from incels on Youtube? I know there is a thread discussing them but I haven't seen much activity there.

What do you think of the commercial itself? I think it does have a good message but the people crying about it don't seem to get it, they say it's an attack on masculinity but I'm not seeing anything that says that "masculinity is bad, mmmk?"

I  know it's been a while that I have been here and I have upset some people, I am sorry about that. I have been reading a lot about these men and it made me realize that there are some things still worth fighting for and it makes me want to support feminism.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Re: Gillete Ad Upsets Manosphere Crybabies
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 02:10:03 am »
In response to Gillette’s powerful advertisement about toxic masculinity, Schick has unveiled a misogynistic razor for those angry and bitter men who feel betrayed.

“This product is 400% more likely to slice your face open than a regular razor, but you can take it because you’re not a pussy,” explained the three minute Schick Alpha Male Razor commercial. “It’s a razor for a man who refuses to be told what to do by a woman, whether she’s running for president or a doctor trying to stitch up his bleeding face.”

Special “gay-preventing grips” along the shaft are specially designed to reduce the razor from being dropped in the shower. The hyper-masculine shaving product is four times larger than a typical blade “so no one will fuck with it,” says the ad.

Instructions on the back of the packaging spell out a cruel and humiliating self-hazing ritual that must be completed before using the Alpha Male Razor.

“The blade only works on men with real jobs since women wouldn’t know how it works.”

To top it all off, the blade comes with a built-in speaker which plays Jordan Peterson reading from his books to smoothly affirm pre-existing prejudices.

In related news, a special hotline has been set up by Piers Morgan to help all of the men who feel that they were oppressed by Gillette’s commercial.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2019/01/schick-responds-to-gillettes-metoo-ad-by-releasing-misogynistic-razor/

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 04:55:27 am »
Seems like some alt-right snowflake beta cucks, insecure in their masculinity, got triggered again.  Says a lot about a person or group when they respond with outrage to a fucking ADVERT that says, "Hey, maybe don't bully or sexually assault anyone".  If those things define masuclinity for you, then you have serious issues.

Also, they might want to look into the Streisand Effect.  I mean if it wasn't for all this horseshit I'd have literally never seen or heard about the ad and I bet there's plenty other people who know about it who wouldn't have otherwise.  These fucknuckles are basically doing Gillet's marketing for them.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 04:58:04 am by Katsuro »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 05:52:19 am »
As we all know, going viral is an advertiser's wet dream. I can't help but think provoking a pissing match over it is exactly what they were trying to do.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 11:17:55 am »
a) Based on what I've seen the people who are mad at the ad are mainly the worst kind of people.

b) I like the way the ad was made and how it referenced their long time tag line.

c) Even if this was also an ad it's not like this kind of thing has never been seen before. How many times did the United colours of Benetton do something like this and instead of showing their product they highlighted issues that need fixing? Many of the complaints about this being just "virtue signalling" seem like an excuse to attack the ad. And even if this was done because they think that the controversy is beneficial it does bring up another positive thing. They think that taking this stance will not cost them customers, that the mouth-breathers and crybabies who think that "guys, we can be better to each other" is a message supported by the majority.

d) I am amused at the Mens-right activists who complain about the ad. They are always complaining that feminists and feminism should do something to help men and this ad is also taking a stance to help boys who suffer from toxic-masculinity. ...So now mens-right dudes are complaining because they don't want help from feminists?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 07:05:33 pm »
...Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree with you guys on this.

I think a good way to determine if something is sexist against men is to add the adjective "black" and see if that makes it racist. With that in mind, let's imagine this commercial was targeted at black men.

What's the result? Black males being portrayed as violent, perverted assholes, and a heavy implication - if not an outright statement - that most black men either do that kind of shit or are complicit in it. Wouldn't you say that's racist?

Honestly, while I'm not as offended as some of these complainers, the ad still gets under my skin. But if you're not offended by it, whatever. You're entitled to your opinions.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 07:39:32 pm »
Just out of curiosity, does Mr Undivided here strongly remind anyone else of a certain someone, or is it just me?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 07:59:38 pm »
No you're not the only one.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 09:14:09 pm »
...oh dear not this again...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 10:57:51 pm »
PLEASE at least wait for some other evidence to come in. This will just make us all look utterly paranoid.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 11:19:07 pm »
All I said was that he reminds me of someone, which he honestly does, not that he's definitely a sockpuppet.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 12:38:13 am »
Just watched the video. As a very masculine, male man who puts his blue jeans on one leg at a time, I... I don't see the issue. "Bullying is bad. Sexual harassment is bad. And we men are better than this, and we should act better, because our children are watching and they're learning from us, so let's be the best men we can be." That's the message that I took away from that video, and that's really not a bad message. So yeah, put me in the camp of people who just don't get the outrage.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 01:05:00 am »
...yeah, as a guy who lifts every damn day and engages in typically masculine pursuits I do not see the problem.

Just comes off as;

MGTOW: Feminists aren't doing anything for male bullying and cruel social pressure!
Also MGTOW: WE DONT NEED YOUR LADY STUFF! ITS GIRLY TO NEED HELP!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 01:57:59 am »
...Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree with you guys on this.

I think a good way to determine if something is sexist against men is to add the adjective "black" and see if that makes it racist. With that in mind, let's imagine this commercial was targeted at black men.

What's the result? Black males being portrayed as violent, perverted assholes, and a heavy implication - if not an outright statement - that most black men either do that kind of shit or are complicit in it. Wouldn't you say that's racist?

Honestly, while I'm not as offended as some of these complainers, the ad still gets under my skin. But if you're not offended by it, whatever. You're entitled to your opinions.

So if the advert was different, and had - and existed in -  a totally different context, it would be bad so therefore the one that exists is bad? Yes, sound reasoning.