Author Topic: Protests in Iran  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Protests in Iran
« on: January 02, 2018, 11:54:33 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/30/world/iran-protests-issues/index.html

While I'd like to believe this might not be a repeat of 2009, I don't want to get my hopes up.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Protests in Iran
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 12:10:58 am »
"Reza Shah Rest in Peace" -- Or, we'd rather have the secular dictator than the theocratic ones.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 04:52:47 pm »
"Reza Shah Rest in Peace" -- Or, we'd rather have the secular dictator than the theocratic ones.

TBH, all other things equal, I'd probably make the same choice. Then again, I'm an atheist, so take that as you will.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 04:59:57 pm »

TBH, all other things equal, I'd probably make the same choice. Then again, I'm an atheist, so take that as you will.

Yeah, but I'd rather they be calling for Mohammad Mossadegh than the Shah.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.