Author Topic: Mass shooting in a gay club in Florida  (Read 20962 times)

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
Re: Mass shooting in a gay club in Florida
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 04:48:15 pm »
"when will we start excluding an entire religion from our nation because a promille of a promille of a promille of them have committed terrorist acts in the West"

Fuck this clown.

I'm sure the families of the deceased will be very heartened to know that "Not all..."™

I'm sure you care about the deceased and their families past making a pointless jab.

This thread managed all of two responses before it reverted to the script of "herp-a-derp irrelevant stuff about neonazis and donald trump".  Not a...whole lot of sympathy for the victims in the posts above mine.

As it turns out, people exist outside the context of this thread. I know enough about most of the people posting here that I don't have cause to doubt what they feel about this. That this is a tragedy is, to most of us, an obvious background fact that doesn't need stating, so understandably the conversation can move to other aspects.

You, on the other hand... I don't know how you feel about the LGBT community. Maybe you're gay. Maybe you have several trans friends. Or maybe you don't. Like I said, I don't know you.

Well I certainly respect them enough not to throw them under the bus by launching into a slavish defence of a religion that teaches they should all be put to death.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 04:54:05 pm »
Lay off the pope would you. The current one is pretty mellow about the who gay thing.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 05:10:18 pm »
Yeah, stop. I have several Islamic friends and they are some of the nicest people I know. Islam didn't kill those people, bigotry did. And now you're simply trying to turn that bigotry that the queer community endured this morning and redirect it at a group of people over their religion. Seriously, you've said enough things for me to classify you as a wanker and not review my decision, but using the worst mass shooting in American history--which didn't even happen a day ago and victimized people like me--is disgusting.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 05:12:13 pm »
Well I certainly respect them enough not to throw them under the bus by launching into a slavish defence of a religion that teaches they should all be put to death.

But not enough to pass the chance to use them as political props, apparently.
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 05:17:16 pm »
There are about a billion Muslims in the world.  You can't tar all of them with the same brush.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 05:21:55 pm »
Not like that will stop them.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 05:29:18 pm »
And according to r/AskReddit, discussion is being censored on r/news:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/4nqnrm/breaking_news_orlando_nightclub_massshooting/

Don't they realize that'll only make things worse?

Even Then

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2016, 05:32:48 pm »
As it turns out, it's possible to be in shock and pain over a hideous slaughter of LGBT people  and be angry that it's being used as fuel for the dehumanization of another group. I know it's a shocking concept to someone who treats the suffering of others as his own wankbait, but then again, I assume a lot of things would be.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 06:35:11 pm »
Called it. 30 seconds into hearing about last it. Called it. Wake up this morning, see the news and boom, confirmed
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2016, 06:41:26 pm »
Called it. 30 seconds into hearing about last it. Called it. Wake up this morning, see the news and boom, confirmed

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3My4MHr51c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3My4MHr51c</a>

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2016, 06:45:51 pm »
This is awful.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2016, 06:51:04 pm »
Okay wow, Dan Patrick can go fuck himself with a cactus.  Just uhg.

But lets be fair to Conty and Hof.  Last year when a white guy shot a  bunch of black people in Charleston they both agreed that all white people were to blame for that.  Wait what's that?  They didn't?  Oh, I guess they're just giant hypocrites then.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2016, 06:56:50 pm »

But lets be fair to Conty and Hof.  Last year when a white guy shot a  bunch of black people in Charleston they both agreed that all white people were to blame for that.  Wait what's that?  They didn't?  Oh, I guess they're just giant hypocrites then.

Actually i blamed yanks and the kkk. My exact words wore "gun toting stormfront spastics"
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2016, 07:01:18 pm »

Actually i blamed yanks and the kkk. My exact words wore "gun toting stormfront spastics"

So, in a headline about mass shootings, you guess and called that there was a "gun-toting" individual involved.

Excuse me while I go drink lead water and eat lead paint chips until I'm stupid enough to forget your Islamophobia and believe this.

ETA: ah, I believed Deimos was trying to save face by saying he meant something else in his first post. Nevertheless, we should all continue to point and laugh at the bigot.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:07:38 pm by The_Queen »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2016, 07:04:52 pm »
Well maybe I misread you Hof.  So you are taking the stance that a small extremist group is to blame that doesn't represent Muslims as a whole.  Or alternately that you do think the KKK represents white people as a whole?